Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Modulation of cholinergic systems by manganeseYoram Finkelstein
Unit and Service of Neurology and Toxicology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurotoxicology 28:1003-14. 2007..These observations highlight the importance of studying the role of the CNS cholinergic systems in manganese-mediated neurotoxicity...
- Differential deposition of manganese in the rat brain following subchronic exposure to manganese: a T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging studyYoram Finkelstein
Neurology and Toxicology Unit and Service, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:793-8. 2008..Locura manganica is followed by an irreversible extrapyramidal syndrome, the onset of which occurs years after chronic exposure...
- Peaceful use of disastrous neurotoxicantsYoram Finkelstein
Service and Unit of Neurology and Toxicology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurotoxicology 31:608-20. 2010..These reviews highlight different aspects of neurotoxicity, addressing epidemiology and mechanisms of toxicity; and identifying novel potential therapies...
- Progressive parkinsonism in a young experimental physicist following long-term exposure to methanolYoram Finkelstein
Department of Neurology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center and Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurotoxicology 23:521-5. 2002..The setting of a research laboratory with prolonged exposure to mixed single crystals and inhalation of methanol vapors may exist in other academic and hi-tech environments, and pose the risk of similar delayed toxic influences...
- Emergency treatment of life-threatening intrathecal methotrexate overdoseYoram Finkelstein
Department of Neurology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Neurotoxicology 25:407-10. 2004..There is a controversy regarding the toxicity of intrathecal injection of leucovorin. We propose CSF exchange and intravenous leucovorin as the mainstay of treatment...
- Exposure and susceptibility: schizophrenia in a young man following prolonged high exposures to organic solventsYael Stein
Unit of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurotoxicology 31:603-7. 2010..In the meantime, policies to prevent such exposures at the source can be expected to contribute to the prevention of a non-trivial proportion of neurotoxic diseases, including, possibly, schizophrenia in worker populations...
- Herbal medicine and epilepsy: proconvulsive effects and interactions with antiepileptic drugsNoah Samuels
The Center for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zadek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Epilepsia 49:373-80. 2008..At the same time, further research is required regarding the effect of herbs on seizure activity and interactions with AED treatment...
- Cognitive dysfunction evaluation in multiple sclerosis patients treated with interferon beta-1b: an open-label prospective 1 year studyShlomo Flechter
Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Research and Therapy Service, Department of Neurology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:457-9. 2007..Frontal/prefrontal cognitive impairment requires neuropsychological diagnostic tools...