Affiliation: The Open University of Israel
- Selective attention improves under stress: implications for theories of social cognitionEran Chajut
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Pers Soc Psychol 85:231-48. 2003....
- In pain thou shalt bring forth children: the peak-and-end rule in recall of labor painEran Chajut
Department of Education and Psychology, Open University of Israel
Psychol Sci 25:2266-71. 2014..Although both short- and long-term retention of memories of labor exhibited the peak-and-end effect, having given birth before weakened the effect 2 months after delivery. ..
- Are spatial and dimensional attention separate? evidence from Posner, Stroop, and Eriksen tasksEran Chajut
The Open University of Israel, Ra anana, Israel
Mem Cognit 37:924-34. 2009....
- Avoiding the approach trap: a response bias theory of the emotional Stroop effectEran Chajut
Department of Psychology, Open University of Israel, Ra anana 43107, Israel
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 36:1567-72. 2010..These results challenge the dominant attention theory offered for the emotional Stroop effect because this theory is indifferent to the vital approach-avoidance distinction...
- Emotional dilution of the Stroop effect: a new tool for assessing attention under emotionEran Chajut
Department of Psychology and Education, Open University of Israel, Raanana 45677, Israel
Emotion 10:944-8. 2010..This emotional dilution of the Stroop effect can serve as a general-purpose tool for assessing attention under emotion...
- A rational look at the emotional stroop phenomenon: a generic slowdown, not a stroop effectDaniel Algom
Tel Aviv University, Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Exp Psychol Gen 133:323-38. 2004..The delay was absent when emotional and neutral words appeared in a single block. A threat-driven generic slowdown is implicated, not a selective attention mechanism associated with the classic Stroop effect...
- Changes over time in digital literacyYoram Eshet-Alkalai
Department of Education and Psychology, The Open University of Israel, 108 Ravutzky St, Raanana, Israel
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:713-5. 2009..Based on the comparison with the matched control groups, we suggest that experience with technology, and not age, accounts for the observed lifelong changes in digital literacy skills...
- Interactive perceptual and attentional limits in visual extinctionLilach Shalev
Department of Education and Psychology, The Open University of Israel, Ra anna, Israel
Neurocase 11:452-62. 2005..The data are consistent with attentional and perceptual factors interacting to determine the competition between left and right side stimuli that underlies extinction...