Genomes and Genes
The Hebrew University
Organization: The Hebrew University
- Influence of cyclosporine A on molecular interactions in lyotropic reverse hexagonal liquid crystalsPaul Ben Ishai
Department of Applied Physics, The Selim and Rachel Benin School of Computer Science and Engineering, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram Campus, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Phys Chem B 114:12785-91. 2010..This induces a conformal transition in the CSA, drastically changing its effect on the three dielectric processes evident in the raw data. The implications of this behavior are discussed in detail...
- Growth inhibition of drug-resistant species of Plasmodium falciparum by domain structured N1,N2-derivatized hydrazines: denticity effects, redox switches, and reductant-driven redox-cyclingS Sarel
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Med Chem 1:159-71. 2005..The antimalarial N2O-tridentate Fe(III)-chelates appear to be prone to redox-switch, and tend to be converted into their Fe(II) species, whereas the inactive O2N-tridentate analogs apparently cannot do so...
- The metabotropic glutamate G-protein-coupled receptors mGluR3 and mGluR1a are voltage-sensitiveLily Ohana
Department of Neurobiology, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Biol Chem 281:24204-15. 2006..Furthermore, the intracellular loops play a crucial role in relaying changes in membrane potential to changes in the affinity of the receptors toward glutamate...
- Anisotropic Poisson's ratio and compression modulus of cortical bone determined by speckle interferometryR Shahar
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, 76100 Rehorot, Israel
J Biomech 40:252-64. 2007..09+/-0.02 (mean+/-SD). Cubes located only millimetres apart had significantly different elastic properties, showing that significant spatial variation occurs in equine cortical bone...
- An evaluation of systemic inflammatory response syndrome signs in the Sepsis Occurrence In Acutely Ill Patients (SOAP) studyCharles L Sprung
Hadassah Hebrew University, Medical Center, Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, P O Box 1200, 91120, Jerusalem, Israel
Intensive Care Med 32:421-7. 2006..To define the frequency and prognostic implications of SIRS criteria in critically ill patients hospitalized in European ICUs...
- Sex differences in value priorities: cross-cultural and multimethod studiesShalom H Schwartz
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
J Pers Soc Psychol 89:1010-28. 2005..The authors discuss compatibility of findings with evolutionary psychology and sex role theory and propose an agenda for future research...
- Glutamatergic neurotransmission modulators as emerging new drugs for schizophreniaUriel Heresco-Levy
Ezrath Nashim Sarah Herzog Memorial Hospital, Psychiatry Department, Hadassah Medical School, Hebrew University, PO Box 3900, Jerusalem 91035, Israel
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 10:827-44. 2005..Ongoing and planned research is expected to provide, in the near future, critical information regarding the practical utility and tolerability of glutamatergic approaches for schizophrenia pharmacotherapy...
- Location specificity in response selection processes for visual stimuliHagit Magen
Department of Psychology, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Psychon Bull Rev 12:541-8. 2005..These results suggest that the underadditivity obtained with the spatial Simon effect is due to its spatial nature, and that space may play a unique role in response selection processes...
- The siesta and mortality: twelve years of prospective observations in 70-year-oldsMichael Bursztyn
Hypertension Unit, Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Mount Scopus, P O Box 24035, Jerusalem 91240, Israel
Sleep 28:345-7. 2005..To examine effect of siesta on mortality...
- The effect of immunization on the response to P. gingivalis infection in mice is adjuvant-dependentYael Houri-Haddad
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hadassah and Hebrew University Medical Centers, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Periodontol 32:933-7. 2005..gingivalis was modified by immunization with different adjuvants. This study tested the hypothesis that different adjuvants in P. gingivalis vaccines would differentially modify the host response to a live P. gingivalis infection...
- MILANO--custom annotation of microarray results using automatic literature searchesRan Rubinstein
Department of Molecular Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
BMC Bioinformatics 6:12. 2005..Literature mining--the process of representing literature data in a fashion that is easy to relate to genomic data--is one solution to this problem...
- Phototherapy and photo-oxidation in premature neonatesMichael Kaplan
Department of Neonatology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Biol Neonate 87:44-50. 2005..The potential for photo-oxidation during phototherapy in premature neonates was assessed by measuring parameters reflective of photo-oxidation...
- The sculpturing role of fibroblast-like cells in morphogenesisFanny Doljanski
Hubert H Humphrey Centre for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Perspect Biol Med 47:339-56. 2004..The appearance of the latter, a fibroblast-like cell with abundant filopodia, enabled the sculpturing of the ECM and the formation of complex tissue-specific architectures...
- Plants and altitude--revisitedJ Gale
Department of Plant Sciences, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Ann Bot 94:199. 2004..The importance of modelling and the integration of all environmental factors as they change with time is emphasized in relation to the evaluation of plant response to altitude...
- Beliefs of Sri Lankan medical students about wife beatingMuhammad M Haj-Yahia
Paul Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Interpers Violence 22:26-49. 2007..The implications of the results for future research and theory development on beliefs about wife beating are discussed...
- Differentiation of Schistosoma haematobium from related schistosomes by PCR amplifying an inter-repeat sequenceIbrahim Abbasi
Kuvin Center, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:950-5. 2007..haematobium transmission after control interventions, this differentiation tool will enable accurate monitoring of infected snails in areas where S. haematobium is sympatric with the most prevalent other schistosome species...
- Effect of different restorative materials on caries: a retrospective in vivo studyDaniel Ziskind
Department of Prosthodontics, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Quintessence Int 38:429-34. 2007..To compare, retrospectively, the influence of different types of restorative materials on caries in vivo...
- Heat acclimation-mediated cross-tolerance in cardioprotection: do HSP70 and HIF-1alpha play a role?Michal Horowitz
Laboratory of Environmental Physiology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1188:199-206. 2010..Hence, cross-tolerance is achieved via activation of "on-call" constitutive cytoprotection shared by all stressors, together with organ-specific functional remodeling and stress-specific cross-talk...
- Estimating disease progression using panel dataMicha Mandel
Department of Statistics, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Biostatistics 11:304-16. 2010..The methodology is applied to data from a phase III clinical trial of Avonex--a drug given to MS patients...
- Beyond the mouse model: using Drosophila as a model for sperm interaction with the female reproductive tractY Heifetz
Entomology, Hebrew University, Rehovot, Israel
Theriogenology 73:723-39. 2010..Furthermore, we discuss how the study of multiple sperm storage organ types in Drosophila may help us identify factors essential for sperm viability and, moreover, factors that promote long-term sperm survivorship...
- Tourette syndrome-associated psychopathology: roles of comorbid attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorderYehuda Pollak
Neuropediatric Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Dev Behav Pediatr 30:413-9. 2009..This study was aimed to examine the impacts of tic severity, ADHD symptoms, and OCD on internalizing (e.g., anxiety) and externalizing (e.g., aggression) psychopathology...
- Implant-supported electrostimulating device to treat xerostomia: a preliminary studySmidt Ami
The Center for Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, the Hebrew University Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 12:62-71. 2010..Electrostimulation to enhance salivary secretion has been used frequently as a research tool but only in limited extent as a clinical method to treat patients with xerostomia...
- Update on recent advances in equine abdominal surgeryGal Kelmer
Large Animal Department, Koret Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 25:271-82. 2009..These modalities have had a positive impact on reducing complications in horses after surgery...
- Pervasive natural selection in the Drosophila genome?Guy Sella
Department of Evolution, Systematics and Ecology, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS Genet 5:e1000495. 2009..The emerging evidence has implications for a wide variety of fields, from conservation genetics to bioinformatics, and presents challenges to modelers and experimentalists alike...
- Valproic acid in pregnancy: how much are we endangering the embryo and fetus?Asher Ornoy
Laboratory of Teratology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School and Israeli Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel
Reprod Toxicol 28:1-10. 2009..Other possible explanations are: increased fetal oxidative stress induced by VPA, with the brain being more susceptible to oxidative stress in comparison to other fetal organs, or the folic acid inhibitory action of this drug...
- A novel NADP(+)-dependent dehydrogenase activity for 7alpha/beta- and 11beta-hydroxysteroids in human liver nuclei: A third 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseB Robinzon
Department of Animal Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Arch Biochem Biophys 486:170-6. 2009..Inhibitors of 11betaHSD1 decreased both nuclear and microsomal enzyme activities, suggesting that the nuclear activity may be due to an enzyme similar to 11betaHSD Type 1 and 2...
- Longitudinal quantification of Ehrlichia canis in experimental infection with comparison to natural infectionGad Baneth
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Microbiol 136:321-5. 2009..The value of real-time PCR was shown in NI dogs as well as in EI dogs with spleen and blood sampling more sensitive than non-invasive conjunctival PCR...
- Behavior of two osteoblast-like cell lines cultured on machined or rough titanium surfacesLior Shapira
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:50-5. 2009..However, the behavior of the two lines on different titanium surfaces has never been compared...
- A case of imported bedbug (Cimex lectularius) infestation in IsraelKosta Y Mumcuoglu
Department of Parasitology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School Ein Kerem Campus, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:388-9. 2008
- Utilization of prenatal diagnosis and termination of pregnancies for the prevention of Down syndrome in IsraelJoel Zlotogora
Public Health Services and Department of Health Information, Ministry of Health, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:600-2. 2007..However, despite the program, the majority of Down syndrome infants are born alive (approximately 1/1000 live births)...
- Preventive effects of diets supplemented with sweetie fruits in hypercholesterolemic patients suffering from coronary artery diseaseShela Gorinstein
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Hadassah Medical School, P O B 12065, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Prev Med 38:841-7. 2004..Diets rich in vegetables and fruits prevent development of atherosclerosis...
- Tools for making correct decisions regarding hormone therapy. part I: background and drugsZeev Shoham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel, affiliated with the Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Fertil Steril 81:1447-57. 2004..To review existing scientific data related to the biology of estrogen in the aging process of women, and to understand the pharmacology, physiology, and diversity of sex hormones...
- Human ribonuclease P: subunits, function, and intranuclear localizationNayef Jarrous
Department of Molecular Biology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
RNA 8:1-7. 2002..A new model for the biosynthesis of human RNase P is presented, in which this process is dynamic, transcription-dependent, and implicates functionally distinct nuclear compartments in tRNA biogenesis...
- Vitamin D reduces renal NaPi-2 in PTH-infused rats: complexity of vitamin D action on renal P(i) handlingM M Friedlaender
Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel 91120
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F428-33. 2001..The effect of chronic administration of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) has not been noted previously, and the cellular mechanisms and signaling processes that mediate the decrease in NaPi-2 remain to be determined...
- Entry routes of malignant lymphoma into the brain and eyes in a mouse modelJ Hochman
Department of Cell and Animal Biology, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Cancer Res 61:5242-7. 2001..The orbit is also infiltrated by the lymphoma cells. However, this occurs independent of the brain-optic nerve-intraocular route...
- Helicobacter spp. infection in cats: evaluation of the humoral immune response and prevalence of gastric Helicobacter sppD Strauss-Ayali
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Vet Microbiol 79:253-65. 2001..suggests substantial antigenic homology between different Helicobacter spp. The higher degree of inflammation in infected than uninfected cats, supports a role for Helicobacter as a cause of gastritis in cats...
- Impaired reproduction in heat-stressed cattle: basic and applied aspectsD Wolfenson
Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, The Hebrew University, Rehovot, Israel
Anim Reprod Sci 60:535-47. 2000..A hormonal manipulation protocol, which induces timed insemination, has been found to improve pregnancy rate and to reduce the number of days open during the summer...
- A survey of the teaching of undergraduate psychiatry in IsraelD Greenberg
Herzog Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 36:282-90; discussion 291-2. 1999..The 1960-70s saw significant advances in the teaching of psychiatry in medical schools. Subsequently there have been developments in the structure of health care and in the methods and goals of medical education...
- Desiccation tolerance of Muellerius capillaris first-stage larvae from Israeli arid and French temperate habitats and their compatibility to the land snail Theba pisanaA Solomon
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Parasitology 119:621-6. 1999..6% vs 56% P > 0.05). However, similar infection intensities were recovered in snails infected with either of the isolates (59.8 +/- 10.3, S.E., n = 14, for the French isolate, 53 +/- 6, n = 13, for the Nubian isolate, P < 0.05)...
- Therapists' responses during psychotherapy of holocaust survivors and their second generationD Wardi
AMCHA, The Israeli Center for psycho Social Support for Holocaust Survivors and Second Generation, Tel Aviv, Israel
Croat Med J 40:479-85. 1999..The depth and degree of openness which therapists need when dealing with Holocaust survivors and their children are at least as important as clinical skills...
- Wisdom of the bodyG Zajicek
H H Humphrey Center for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Med Hypotheses 52:447-9. 1999..The main task of the WOB is to maintain health, and improve its quality. It controls processes in the body so as to make them healthier. The WOB has its own language and should be considered when examining patients...
- Progress report on new antiepileptic drugs: a summary of the fourth Eilat conference (EILAT IV)M Bialer
School of Pharmacy and David R Bloom Centre for Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Epilepsy Res 34:1-41. 1999..This paper summarizes the presentations made at the conference...
- Mechanisms underlying gastric antiulcerative activity of nitroxides in ratsA Samuni
Department of Molecular Biology, Hadassah Medical School, Hebrew University, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Free Radic Res 30:133-40. 1999....
- Efficacy of high-dose glycine in the treatment of enduring negative symptoms of schizophreniaU Heresco-Levy
Ezrath Nashim Herzog Memorial Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Medical School Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Arch Gen Psychiatry 56:29-36. 1999..Glycine-induced augmentation of NMDA receptor-mediated neurotransmission may thus offer a potentially safe and feasible approach for ameliorating persistent negative symptoms of schizophrenia...
- GroES binding regulates GroEL chaperonin activity under heat shockP Goloubinoff
Department of Plant Sciences, Alexander Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
FEBS Lett 407:215-9. 1997..Chaperonins thus behave as a molecular thermometer which can inhibit the release of aggregation-prone proteins during heat shock and restore protein folding and release after heat shock...
- Cranial root injury in glossopharyngeal neuralgia: electron microscopic observations. Case reportMarshall Devor
Department of Cell and Animal Biology, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurosurg 96:603-6. 2002....
- Angiotensin converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism: case-control association studies in schizophrenia, major affective disorder, and tardive dyskinesia and a family-based association study in schizophreniaRonnen H Segman
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Med Genet 114:310-4. 2002..Particularly in the case of schizophrenia, these findings do not support an association of the ACE I/D polymorphism with the phenotypes examined...
- Donor lymphocyte infusion: the use of alloreactive and tumor-reactive lymphocytes for immunotherapy of malignant and nonmalignant diseases in conjunction with allogeneic stem cell transplantationShimon Slavin
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cancer Immunotherapy, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem 91120 Israel
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:265-76. 2002....
- Fetal inherited thrombophilias influence the severity of preeclampsia, IUGR and placental abruptionEyal Y Anteby
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, P O Box 24035, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:31-5. 2004..To determine whether common inherited thrombophilias in the fetus influence the severity of severe preeclampsia, IUGR and placental abruption...
- Utero-ovarian morphology and blood flow after tubal ligation by the Pomeroy techniqueAriel Revel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Contraception 69:151-6. 2004..The objectives of this study were to evaluate ovarian sonographic morphology and pelvic blood flow in patients who had undergone bilateral tubal ligation by the Pomeroy technique...
- High seroprevalence of human metapneumovirus among young children in IsraelDana G Wolf
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases and of Virology, Hadassah University Hospital and Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Infect Dis 188:1865-7. 2003..The high exposure rates suggest that HMPV may be an important cause of community-acquired respiratory-tract infections in young children...
- School violence in Israel: findings of a national surveyAnat Zeira
Paul Baerwald School of Social Work, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Mt Scopus, Israel
Soc Work 48:471-83. 2003..The authors report on age-related, gender, and cultural differences and discuss social workers' roles in shaping national policy and professional discourse on school violence...
- Mitochondrial state 3 to 4 respiration transition during Fas-mediated apoptosis controls cellular redox balance and rate of cell deathOren Tirosh
Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1331-4. 2003..These data show that ROS production is important in receptor-mediated apoptosis and may play a pivotal role in cell survival...
- Trematode metacercariae of fishes as sentinels for a changing limnological environmentR Dzikowski
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Dis Aquat Organ 55:145-50. 2003..The higher calculated values of species richness and diversity for the 1999 to 2001 samples despite the overall decline in species number is explained by the overall increase in metacercariae prevalence...
- A novel cholinesterase and brain-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitor for the treatment of dementia comorbid with depression and Parkinson's diseaseMarta Weinstock
Department of Pharmacology, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Ein Kerem, 91120, Jerusalem, Israel
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:555-61. 2003..These unique multiple actions of TV-3326 make it a potentially useful drug for the treatment of dementia with Parkinsonian-like symptoms and depression...
- N-acetylcysteine ameliorates renal microcirculation: studies in ratsSamuel N Heyman
Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Mt Scopus and the Hebrew University Medical School, and Nephrology Unit, Bikur Holim Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Kidney Int 63:634-41. 2003..While the protective effect of NAC has been primarily attributed to scavenging oxygen free radicals, improving renal microcirculation also may play a role in the prevention of acute renal failure...
- Critical calpain-dependent ultrastructural alterations underlie the transformation of an axonal segment into a growth cone after axotomy of cultured Aplysia neuronsMicha E Spira
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Life Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Comp Neurol 457:293-312. 2003..The growth process is further supported by the radial polymerization of microtubules from the growth cone's center...
- Tech.Sight. Bioelectronics. Biomaterials for sensors, fuel cells, and circuitryItamar Willner
Institute of Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Science 298:2407-8. 2002
- Acute rheumatic fever associated with Henoch-Schönlein purpura: report of three cases and review of the literatureE M Eisenstein
Department of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Acta Paediatr 91:1265-7. 2002..To describe a possible relationship between Henoch-Schönlein purpura and rheumatic fever...
- The use of restraint in the treatment of paediatric dental patients: old and new insightsB Peretz
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:392-7. 2002..This article reviews aspects of the restraint strategies in paediatric dentistry that have been reviewed in recent years and point out those strategies that remain controversial as well as questionable...
- The tadpole effect in Escherichia coli B/rN B Grover
Hubert H Humphrey Center for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research, Hebrew University, Faculty of Medicine, PO Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Microbiology 148:1603-4. 2002
- Targeting signal transduction for disease therapyA Levitzki
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Curr Opin Cell Biol 8:239-44. 1996....
- Prospective MRI Study of Hippocampal Volume in PTSD-IIARIEH SHALEV; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE NEUROBIOLOGICAL STUDY OF PTSDARIEH SHALEV; Fiscal Year: 2000..In this way, evaluation of HPA and SNS predictor effects and interactions will be adjusted for the effects of other relevant, antecedent variables, and for earlier HPA axis and SNS effects and interactions. ..
- Prevention of PTSD by Early TreatmentARIEH SHALEV; Fiscal Year: 2007..Repeated telephone evaluations will assess treatment effectiveness. The study will generate vital knowledge about the feasibility and the effectiveness of secondary prevention of PTSD in large cohorts of survivors. ..
- Regulation of heparanase in cancer progressionIsrael Vlodavsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is through understanding of the enzyme's physiology and regulation that adequate heparanase-inhibiting strategies can be designed and applied in the treatment of cancer and possibly other disorders involving HS and heparanase. ..
- Regulation of heparanase in cancer progressionIsrael Vlodavsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..tumor-derived heparanase in tumor progression, is expected to have a profound impact on the diagnosis, treatment and health of cancer patients. ..
- Novel cancer therapy by EGFR targeted transfection of synthetic dsRNAAlexander Levitzki; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary results (shown here) support our contention. If successful, this form of therapy could benefit or even cure many cancer patients, without the need for lengthy and expensive procedures. ..
- mazEF-mediated programmed cell death network in E. coliHanna Engelberg Kulka; Fiscal Year: 2009..Practically, the results of our study may be useful as a basis for a novel strategy for generating a new class of antibiotics that trigger bacterial PCD, and thereby to help what has become a public health problem. ..
- mazEF-mediated programmed cell death network in E. coliHanna Engelberg Kulka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Practically, the results of our study may be useful as a basis for a novel strategy for generating a new class of antibiotics that trigger bacterial PCD, and thereby to help what has become a public health problem. ..
- mazEF-mediated programmed cell death network in E. coliHanna Engelberg Kulka; Fiscal Year: 2007..Practically, the results of our study may be useful as a basis for a novel strategy for generating a new class of antibiotics that trigger bacterial PCD, and thereby to help what has become a public health problem. ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study is thus expected to shed new light on major unsolved questions of TRP gating, which is involved in several diseases and on light induced translocation of key signaling molecules. ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, studies on Drosophila TRP and TRPL channels are likely to be relevant for understanding retinal degeneration and mechanisms underlying the damage to RGC by glaucoma. ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study is thus expected to shed light on mechanisms that associate several forms of retinal degeneration with malfunction of fundamental regulatory mechanisms. ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 1993..The experiments proposed here offer a means for studying these clinical disorders at the basic biochemical and physiological levels...
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 1992..Analysis of rhodopsin phosphopeptide map in wild type and the mutant flies will test the relevance of particular phosphorylation sites to inactivation...
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Longitudinal Extension of SHARE-Israel Baseline DataHoward Litwin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Archiving the Data from the First Wave of SHARE-IsraelHoward Litwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data address key economic and social factors that contribute to health among people 50 years of age and older, providing unique opportunities for cross-national comparisons. ..
- DEVELOPING AN ISRAELI VERSION OF THE HRS/SHARE PROJECTHoward Litwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted antigen delivery for cancer immunotherapyShoshana Frankenburg; Fiscal Year: 2007..As a result, one could treat a much larger number of patients, with the potential to clinically evaluate new antigens and immunotherapeutic modalities, improving the life quality and expectancy of metastatic melanoma patients ..