Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Treatment of hypertension and metabolic syndrome: lowering blood pressure is not enough for organ protection, new approach-arterial destiffeningReuven Zimlichman
Department of Medicine and Hypertension Unit, The Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University and The E Wolfson Medical Center, P O B 5, 58100, Holon, Israel
Curr Hypertens Rep 16:479. 2014..This field is of enormous potential that might be revolutionary in inducing further significant reduction of cardiovascular events. ..
- Effect of long-term treatment with antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and selenium) on arterial compliance, humoral factors and inflammatory markers in patients with multiple cardiovascular risk factorsMarina Shargorodsky
Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, 58100, Israel
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:55. 2010..The present study evaluated the effects of prolonged antioxidant treatment on arterial elasticity, inflammatory and metabolic measures in patients with multiple cardiovascular risk factors...
- Determination of arterial compliance using blood pressure waveform analysis with the CR-2000 system: Reliability, repeatability, and establishment of normal values for healthy European population--the seven European sites study (SESS)Reuven Zimlichman
The Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, Wolfson Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Hypertens 18:65-71. 2005..We determined the reliability and repeatability of measurements of arterial compliance (AC) and gender- and age-specific normal ranges for a healthy European population...
- Treatment of hypertension with thiazides: benefit or damage-effect of low- and high-dose thiazide diuretics on arterial elasticity and metabolic parameters in hypertensive patients with and without glucose intoleranceMarina Shargorodsky
Department of Endocrinology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Cardiometab Syndr 2:16-23. 2007..The HCTZ dose increase worsened parameters of glucose metabolism and did not further decrease blood pressure or improve arterial elasticity...
- Vascular elasticity of systemic lupus erythematosus patients is associated with steroids and hydroxychloroquine treatmentAmir Tanay
Rheumatology Unit, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:24-34. 2007..It is possible that the steroids are responsible in part to the increased large-vessel manifestations observed in these patients, and that HCQ might have a protective effect on the vessel wall...
- Differential clinical profile of candesartan compared to other angiotensin receptor blockersRelu Cernes
The Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Wolfson Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:749-59. 2011..The most important and recent data from clinical trials regarding candesartan cilexetil will be reviewed in this article...
- Treatment with amlodipine and atorvastatin have additive effect in improvement of arterial compliance in hypertensive hyperlipidemic patientsEyal Leibovitz
Department of Medicine and the Bruner Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Wolfson Medical Center, Tel Giborim, PO Box 5, Holon, Israel 58100
Am J Hypertens 16:715-8. 2003..This study investigates the effect of amlodipine on arterial compliance (AC), and the effect of atorvastatin on AC when given in combination with amlodipine...
- Arterial elasticity in cardiovascular disease: focus on hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetesRelu Cernes
Department of Nephrology, Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Adv Cardiol 45:65-81. 2008..Novel therapies, such as statins, thiazolidindinediones, phosphodiesterase inhibitors and inhibitors or breakers of advanced glycation end product cross-links between colagen and elastin hold substantial promise...
- Prolonged treatment with the AT1 receptor blocker, valsartan, increases small and large artery compliance in uncomplicated essential hypertensionMarina Shargorodsky
Department of Endocrinology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Am J Hypertens 15:1087-91. 2002..Hypertension gradually decreases arterial compliance. We studied whether treatment with the angiotensin type 1 (AT(1)) antagonist valsartan will affect AC in patients with essential hypertension (EH)...
- Treatment with rosiglitazone reduces hyperinsulinemia and improves arterial elasticity in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusMarina Shargorodsky
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon 58100, Israel
Am J Hypertens 16:617-22. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine whether reduction of hyperinsulinemia with rosiglitazone will improve vascular elasticity in patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus...
- The management, early and one year outcome in hospitalized patients with heart failure: a national Heart Failure Survey in Israel--HFSIS 2003Moshe Garty
Recanati Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:227-33. 2007..Despite improved management of heart failure patients, their prognosis remains poor...
- Morbidly obese patients are hemodynamically stable during laparoscopic surgery: a thoracic bioimpedance studyYoela Aloni
Department of Surgery B, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Monit Comput 20:261-6. 2006..Based on clinical observation, we hypothesized that during laparoscopic surgery, morbidly obese patients behave hemodynamically similar to the nonobese patients and remain hemodynamically stable...
- RESPeRATE: the role of paced breathing in hypertension treatmentRelu Cernes
Department of Nephrology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel The Brunner Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Tel Aviv University and Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
J Am Soc Hypertens 9:38-47. 2015..In conclusion, this review outlines the pathophysiologic background of paced respiration, describes RESPeRATE clinical trials, and presents briefly other guided breathing alternatives. ..
- Follow-up in a lipid clinic improves the management of risk factors in cardiovascular disease patientsDov Gavish
Department of Internal Medicine A, Institute of Physiologic Hygiene, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:694-7. 2002..The implementation of treatment guidelines is lacking worldwide...