Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Efficacy and tolerability of a polysaccharide-resin-honey based cough syrup as compared to carbocysteine syrup for children with colds: a randomized, single-blinded, multicenter studyHerman Avner Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Community Clinic, Petah Tikva, Israel
World J Pediatr . 2016..The objective of this trial is to compare the effects of a polysaccharide-resin-honey based cough syrup, and carbocysteine syrups on nocturnal and daytime cough associated with childhood upper respiratory tract infections (URIs)...
- Effect of honey on nocturnal cough and sleep quality: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyHerman Avner Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Community Clinic, Petach Tikva, Israel
Pediatrics 130:465-71. 2012....
- Handwashing patterns in two dermatology clinicsH A Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Center, Department of Family Medicine, Petach Tiqwa, Israel
Dermatology 205:358-61. 2002..The hands of health care workers are a major source of nosocomial infection. Studies conducted mainly in intensive-care units and emergency departments have shown low compliance with hand hygiene recommendation...
- Effectiveness of an herbal preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in preventing respiratory tract infections in children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter studyHerman A Cohen
Pediatric and Adolescent Ambulatory Community Clinic, Petach Tikva, Israel
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:217-21. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of a preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in the prevention of respiratory tract infections in children during a 12-week winter period...
- Infectious complications of implantable ports and Hickman catheters in paediatric haematology-oncology patientsA Adler
Unit of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 62:358-65. 2006..68, P = 0.005] and for catheter removal due to complications (OR -2.0, P < 0.001). Implantable ports may be considered the preferred device for most paediatric oncology and stem cell transplantation patients...
- Risk factors for sternal wound infection in children undergoing cardiac surgery: a case-control studyE Ben-Ami
Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:335-40. 2008..Specific risks for Gram-negative infections are identified and should help to introduce new preventive strategies to decrease the incidence and severity of SWI...
- Outbreak of Mycobacterium mucogenicum bacteraemia due to contaminated water supply in a paediatric haematology-oncology departmentG Livni
Unit of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:253-8. 2008..This investigation emphasises the three major factors that should be investigated in outbreaks due to a waterborne pathogen: source of the infection, water supply and infection control practices...
- Risk factors associated with candidaemia in the neonatal intensive care unit: a case-control studyN Linder
Department of Neonatal Intensive Care, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva 49202, Israel
J Hosp Infect 57:321-4. 2004..38%. Maximizing in-utero steroid treatment in high-risk pregnancies, minimizing the days of mechanical ventilation and investment of efforts in prevention of bacteraemia may help to reduce the incidence of candidaemia in the NICU...
- Nosocomial infections after cardiac surgery in infants and children: incidence and risk factorsI Levy
Infectious Disease Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva
J Hosp Infect 53:111-6. 2003..High complexity score, neonatal age, prolonged ICU stay, and open chest postoperatively are risk factors of HAI in this patient population...
- Drug-resistant HIV infection among drug-naive patients in IsraelZ Grossman
National HIV Reference Laboratory, PHL, MOH, Central Virology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
Clin Infect Dis 40:294-302. 2005..These groups are distinguished demographically by risk behavior category and by virus subtype. We investigated transmission of drug resistance within groups to assess the impact of these factors...
- Changing distribution of Candida species isolated from sterile and nonsterile sites in IsraelZ Samra
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:542-5. 2002..The prevalence of Candida parapsilosis decreased significantly in nonsterile sites, from 31% to 23% (P=0.0002). Continuous surveys of the distribution of Candida spp. and analysis of the clinical significance of changes are warranted...
- The laparoscopic option in the management of peritoneal dialysis catheter revisionA Ovnat
Department of Surgery B, Soroka University Medical Center, Goldman Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84101, Israel
Surg Endosc 16:698-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the validity of laparoscopy as a tool for the correction of malfunctioning PDCs and to introduce our specially designed technique...
- Technetium-labeled red blood cell imaging to evaluate soft tissue hemangioma of the handI Levy
Department of Pediatrics, Beilinson Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Pediatr Dermatol 5:47-9. 1988..The usefulness and the importance of the method prior to surgical biopsy or resection are discussed...