- Suicidal tendencies and body image and experience in anorexia nervosa and suicidal female adolescent inpatientsDaniel Stein
Pediatric Department, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Psychother Psychosom 72:16-25. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between body image and suicidal tendencies in anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Stunting of growth as a major feature of anorexia nervosa in male adolescentsDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology Service, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Pediatrics 111:270-6. 2003..To assess growth retardation in male adolescent patients who have a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa (AN) and the effect of weight restoration on catch-up growth...
- Attempted suicide and self-injury in patients diagnosed with eating disordersDaniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 45:447-51. 2004..The findings of this study support an increased tendency toward impulsivity among parasuicidal ED outpatients...
- Perimenstrual psychosis among female adolescents: two case reports and an update of the literatureDaniel Stein
Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Med 33:169-79. 2003..Perimenstrual psychosis is an uncommon disorder, not included under the accepted classifications of functional psychoses. Our aim was to describe two Israeli female adolescents who fit this diagnosis...
- Sleep disturbances in adolescents with symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Learn Disabil 35:268-75. 2002..These findings suggest that among adolescents with ADHD symptoms, the severity of symptoms of depression may contribute to the degree of sleep disturbance in addition to the effect of their primary disorder and MPH treatment...
- Defense mechanisms in a community-based sample of female adolescents with partial eating disordersDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Med 33:343-55. 2003..The purpose of this study is to assess whether female adolescents diagnosed with partial eating disorders (EDs) will show less adaptive defense mechanisms compared to female controls with no-ED...
- Linear growth and final height characteristics in adolescent females with anorexia nervosaDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e45504. 2012..However, findings concerning final height of AN patients are inconsistent. The aim of this study was to assess these phenomena in female adolescent inpatients with AN...
- Association between a common CYP17A1 haplotype and anxiety in female anorexia nervosaEfrat Czerniak
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Womens Ment Health 16:423-8. 2013....
- Changes in implicit and explicit measures of ego functions and distress among two eating disorder subgroups: outcomes of integrative treatmentLily Rothschild
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eat Disord 17:242-59. 2009..These data further indicate that the restricting and bingeing/purging patients may require different treatment approaches...
- Attitudes toward life and death and suicidality among inpatient female adolescents with eating disordersDaniel Stein
Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, and Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel and Department of Psychology, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:1066-71. 2013..This study suggests that whereas fear of life is a core feature of an ED, maladaptive attitudes toward death appear only in ED patients who have attempted suicide. ..
- Olfactory function and alternation learning in eating disordersDaniel Stein
Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 22:615-24. 2012....
- Mentalizing in self vs. parent representations and working models of parents as risk and protective factors from distress and eating disordersLily Rothschild-Yakar
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:510-8. 2013..These findings suggest that adequate mentalization and benevolent working models of parents may serve as a protective factor reducing the level of ED symptoms...
- Modulation of adiponectin and leptin during refeeding of female anorexia nervosa patientsDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Division of Pediatrics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1843-7. 2007..Several studies assessed adiponectin levels in anorexia nervosa (AN) patients, however, data regarding the dynamics of changes in adiponectin levels during refeeding of these patients is limited and contradicting...
- Hyponatremia and decreased bone density in adolescent inpatients diagnosed with anorexia nervosaYael Levy-Shraga
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel The Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Electronic address
Nutrition 32:1097-102. 2016..The aim of the present study was to assess the association between hyponatremia and bone mineral density (BMD) in a large cohort of adolescent inpatients with AN...
- Alteration in serum klotho levels in anorexia nervosa patientsIdo Wolf
Institute of Oncology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Nutr 35:958-62. 2016....
- Obstetric complications in individuals diagnosed with autism and in healthy controlsDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 47:69-75. 2006....
- Disordered eating in elderly female patients diagnosed with chronic schizophreniaDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 42:191-7. 2005..Data about the association between disordered eating and schizophrenia is limited and inconclusive. The aim of the present study was to evaluate disordered eating in elderly female patients diagnosed with chronic schizophrenia...
- Electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation: can they be considered valid modalities in the treatment of pediatric mood disorders?Daniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 15:1035-56, xi. 2006..This awareness substantiates the need to define the place of electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of pediatric depression...
- CAG repeat polymorphism within the KCNN3 gene is a significant contributor to susceptibility to anorexia nervosa: a case-control study of female patients and several ethnic groups in the Israeli Jewish populationMaya Koronyo-Hamaoui
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 131:76-80. 2004..These findings further implicate KCNN3 as a significant contributor to predisposition to AN...
- Predictors of short-term outcome variables in hospitalised female adolescents with eating disordersEhud Mekori
a Safra Children s Hospital, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract . 2016..We sought to assess the factors potentially predicting these different outcome variables...
- Computerized assessment of body image in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: comparison with standardized body image assessment toolAsaf Caspi
Department of Psychiatry, The Chaim Sheba, Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Arch Womens Ment Health . 2016..Our findings support the use of the CABI in the comparison of body image disturbances in patients with EDs vs...
- High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency in adolescent inpatients diagnosed with eating disordersDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endcrinology Unit, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, 52621, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 48:607-14. 2015..The aim of the current study was to assess vitamin D status in a large cohort of adolescent inpatients with eating disorders and its relation to bone mineral density (BMD) and depression...
- Changes in patient measures as predictors of therapists' ratings of treatment collaboration and change in eating disorder subgroupsLily Rothschild-Yakar
Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Assessment 20:752-63. 2013..These data point that in addition to addressing behavioral/symptomatic aspects, personality variables should be addressed in the psychological treatment of EDs. ..
- Sociodemographic factors associated with attempted suicide in two Israeli cities between 1990 and 1998Daniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:115-8. 2002
- Mentalization and relationships with parents as predictors of eating disordered behaviorLily Rothschild-Yakar
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:501-7. 2010..Findings supported the role of low mentalization as a risk factor, and of high mentalization as a protective factor, in the formation of ED...
- Electroconvulsive therapy in adolescent and adult psychiatric inpatients--a retrospective chart designDaniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Affect Disord 82:335-42. 2004..The knowledge available on electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in adolescents is largely anecdotal, or based on findings from adults. The aim of the present study is to compare the use of ECT in adolescent and adult inpatients...
- Group cognitive behavioral treatment in female soldiers diagnosed with binge/purge eating disordersRinat Carter
a Israel Defense Force, Medical Corps, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eat Disord 24:338-53. 2016..Participants not completing treatment were also improved at follow-up but to a lesser extent. The findings of the present study suggest that group CBT may be effective for the treatment of female soldiers with BN and EDNOS-B/P. ..
- Sensory modulation disorder symptoms in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: A pilot studyAyelet Brand-Gothelf
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 49:59-68. 2016..The aim of the present study is to assess sensory modulation disorder (SMD) symptoms in patients with AN and BN...
- Changes in defensiveness and in affective distress following inpatient treatment of eating disorders: Rorschach comprehensive system and self-report measuresLily Rothschild
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Pers Assess 90:356-67. 2008..Subgroups' different Rorschach change trends indicated different dynamic processes in defensive style and contact with inner/external reality...
- Negative bodily self in suicide attemptersIsrael Orbach
Psychology Department of Bar Ilan University, Israel
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:136-53. 2006..These hypotheses were confirmed. The role of a negative bodily self in suicidal behavior is proposed and discussed...
- Pain perception in recovered bulimia nervosa patientsDaniel Stein
Sheba Medical Center, 21Tel Hashomer, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 34:331-6. 2003..Decreased pain sensitivity is found in individuals who are ill with bulimia nervosa (BN). The purpose of this study is to determine whether altered pain perception persists after recovery from bulimia nervosa (RBN)...
- Dream content of schizophrenic, nonschizophrenic mentally ill, and community control adolescentsJack Hadjez
Shaar Menashe Mental Health Center, Shaar Menashe, Israel
Adolescence 38:331-42. 2003....
- Serum creatine kinase levels in untreated hospitalized adolescents during acute psychosisHaggai Hermesh
Geha Psychiatric Hospital and Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1045-53. 2002..Adult PACK is a relatively consistent individual trait. The authors investigated whether psychotic adolescents also present with such PACK characteristics...
- Dual contribution of NR2B subunit of NMDA receptor and SK3 Ca(2+)-activated K+ channel to genetic predisposition to anorexia nervosaMaya Koronyo-Hamaoui
The Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Psychiatr Res 41:160-7. 2007..8 for the combined NR2B/SK3 genotypes including high-risk alleles). These findings point to the contribution of genes associated with the NMDA-R signaling pathway to predisposition and development of AN...
- Editorial: eating disorders: update, controversies, and the Israeli perspectiveYael Latzer
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 42:141-5. 2005
- Predictors of embryo fragmentation and outcome after fragment removal in in vitro fertilizationMartin D Keltz
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10019, USA
Fertil Steril 86:321-4. 2006..To assess predictors of embryo fragmentation in IVF as well as to compare cycle outcomes between low-grade embryos subjected to defragmentation and high-grade embryos not undergoing defragmentation...
- Plasma homocysteine levels in female patients with eating disordersJoseph Levine
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 40:277-84. 2007..To examine plasma homocysteine, vitamin B(12), and folate levels in females with restricting and bingeing/purging eating disorders (EDs)...
- Eating disorders and disordered eating in Israel: an updated reviewYael Latzer
Eating Disorders Clinic, Psychiatry Division, Rambam Medical Center, Affiliated With the School of Social Work, Haifa University, Haifa, Israel
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:361-74. 2008....
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of depression in adolescents: an open-label studyYuval Bloch
Shalvata Mental Health Center, Hod Hasharon, Israel
J ECT 24:156-9. 2008..This open-label pilot study examined repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation as a possible treatment of adolescent resistant depression...
- Alterations in QT dispersion in the surface electrocardiogram of female adolescents diagnosed with restricting-type anorexia nervosaEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Psychosom Res 62:469-72. 2007..We assessed QTd in malnourished anorexia nervosa (AN) inpatients and following weight restoration...