- Comparison of central and intraesophageal factors between gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) patients and those with GERD-related noncardiac chest painM Shapiro
Institute of Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases and Nutrition, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Dis Esophagus 25:702-8. 2012..Proximal extension of acid during the reflux episodes in patients with GERD presenting with NCCP may play a role in symptom generation...
- Functional chest pain responds to biofeedback treatment but functional heartburn does not: what is the difference?Michael Shapiro
Institute of Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:708-14. 2012..Patients with functional esophageal disorders represent a challenging treatment group. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of biofeedback in the treatment of patients with functional esophageal disorders...
- The immunohistochemistry profile of lymphocytic gastritis in celiac disease and helicobacter pylori infection: interplay between infection and inflammationEfrat Broide
Institute of Gastroenterology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, University of Tel Aviv, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Mediators Inflamm 2007:81838. 2007..Hp did not contribute to the number of CD8 IELs. In complicated cases with Hp and suspicious for CD, the number of CD8+ IELs hints toward a CD rather than Hp infection...
- Intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery is not significantly higher in Crohn's disease patients compared to healthy populationEfrat Broide
Institute of Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases and Nutrition, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, 70300, Zerifin, Israel
Dig Dis Sci 56:197-202. 2011..Patients with Crohn's disease might have accelerated atherosclerosis due to: chronic systemic inflammation, metabolic changes or prolonged steroid treatment...
- Salmonellosis: an epidemiologic studyEfrat Broide
Institute of Gastroenterology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:91-4. 2005..Salmonella species commonly produce acute gastroenteritis. The clinical course may be affected by factors such as age, immunosuppression, and underlying disorders...
- Gastric plasmacytoma and Helicobacter pylori infectionMichael Shapiro
Department of Gastroenterology, Liver Disease and Nutrition, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:56-7. 2005..Healing of the gastric lesion followed the treatment. Multiple biopsies from the scar and the entire stomach showed complete regression of the plasmacytoma. The association between gastric plasmacytoma and H. pylori is discussed...
- Non-traumatic perforation of the small intestine. Report of 13 cases and review of the literatureNimrod A Kimchi
Institute of Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases and Nutrition, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, 70300, Israel
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1017-22. 2002..It is possible that nowadays, the etiology of NTPSI has changed and that mortality might be lower. The aim of this study was to compare a recent series with previous series published in the literature...