Affiliation: Shaare Zedek Medical Center
- Is routine chest radiography after transbronchial biopsy necessary?: A prospective study of 350 casesGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Chest 129:1561-4. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine if routine CXR after bronchoscopy and TBB is necessary...
- Ectopic pancreatic pseudocyst and cyst presenting as a cervical and mediastinal mass: case report and review of the literatureAriel Rokach
The Institute of Pulmonology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Diagn Pathol 8:176. 2013..In those cases surgery is not recommended. Our third conclusion is that pancreatic tissue should be actively sought, if a structure resembling a pseudocyst is found in an unexpected location...
- National asthma observational survey of severe asthmatics in Israel: the no-air studyGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, affiliated with the Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Jerusalem, 91031, Israel
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 8:8. 2012..Asthma is considered a global public health issue requiring a significant medical expenditure as a result of its high prevalence and the low rate of disease control...
- The prevalence of coronary artery disease in end-stage pulmonary disease: is pulmonary fibrosis a risk factor?Gabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem and the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Respir Med 103:1346-9. 2009..It has been suggested that coronary artery disease (CAD) is a common complicating condition in pulmonary fibrosis...
- Late postoperative pleural effusion following lung transplantation: characteristics and clinical implicationsDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:494-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to describe the characteristics and the clinical implications of late postoperative pleural effusion after LTX...
- Recurrence of pulmonary veno-occlusive disease after heart-lung transplantationGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:635-7. 2005..With this 1st report of early recurrence of pulmonary veno-occlusive disease after heart-lung transplantation, we believe that extrapulmonary factors may play a role in the pathogenesis of this rare disease...
- Lung function and cardiopulmonary exercise capacity in patients with corrected tetralogy of FallotGabriel Izbicki
Institute of Pulmonology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center and Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:564-7. 2008..Since surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot was introduced, follow-up studies have shown that the majority of patients lead active lives and have no subjective exercise limitation...
- Seasonal effect on exercise challenge tests for the diagnosis of exercise-induced bronchoconstrictionShmuel Goldberg
Pediatric Pulmonology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:416-20. 2012..We suggest performing ECTs during personal asthma season and not in the summer if there is no asthma season known...
- Sequential pulmonary function measurements in an infant treated with idiopathic pulmonary hemosiderosisElie Picard
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:590-2. 2008
- Sensitivity of exercise testing for asthma in adolescents is halved in the summerShmuel Goldberg
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem 91301, Israel
Chest 128:2408-11. 2005..Since asthma activity is season dependent, with lower activity in the summer, we sought to determine if the percentage of positive exercise test results for asthma is lower in the summer as well...
- Lupus-associated pancreatitisGideon Nesher
Department of Internal Medicine A, Rheumatology Service, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:260-7. 2006..Involvement of the pancreas in systemic lupus erythematosus is rare. The purpose of this article is to provide a detailed review of lupus-associated pancreatitis...
- Differential inducible nitric oxide synthase activity in circulating neutrophils vs. mononuclears of septic shock patientsMoshe Hersch
Intensive Care Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Centre, 91301 Jerusalem, Israel
Intensive Care Med 31:1132-5. 2005..To compare nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity in circulating neutrophils and mononuclear cells of patients with septic shock to healthy subjects...
- Mechanical ventilation of patients hospitalized in medical wards vs the intensive care unit--an observational, comparative studyMoshe Hersch
Intensive Care Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
J Crit Care 22:13-7. 2007..In some hospitals, patients are mechanically ventilated on the wards in addition to the intensive care unit (ICU) because of the shortage of ICU beds...
- Accuracy and ease of use of a novel electronic urine output monitoring device compared with standard manual urinometer in the intensive care unitMoshe Hersch
Intensive Care Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, POB 3235, IL Jerusalem, Israel
J Crit Care 24:629.e13-7. 2009..This study tested the accuracy and ease of use of a new electronic continuous UO monitoring device (Urinfo 2000; Medynamix, Jerusalem, Israel)...
- Avoiding Routine Chest Radiography after Transbronchial Biopsy Is SafeGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Respiration 92:176-81. 2016..It has previously been suggested that routine post-TBB CXR could be avoided in asymptomatic patients...
- Absence of leukocytosis in bacteraemic pneumococcal pneumoniaVictoria Furer
Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Prim Care Respir J 20:276-81. 2011..A normal WBC count may result in a limited investigation, often omitting chest radiography...
- Does sweat volume influence the sweat test result?Shmuel Goldberg
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Arch Dis Child 95:377-81. 2010..We aimed to re-evaluate the relationship between sweat volume and test results...
- Late-onset chylothorax after heart-lung transplantationDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute, Cardiothoracic Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Ann Thorac Surg 75:285-6. 2003..We concluded that chylothorax can presents late after lung transplantation and that conservative treatment should be considered in patients with good nutritional status...
- Increased thromboembolic events after lung transplantationGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Chest 129:412-6. 2006..Lung transplantation is a good therapeutic option for end-stage lung disease. Data on thromboembolic complications following lung transplantation are scarce...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in a lung transplant recipientDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tivka, Israel
J Heart Lung Transplant 22:946-50. 2003..Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy may become more prevalent as the population of heart and lung transplantation recipients increases...
- Radiological findings in sarcoidosisMichael Avital
Department of Radiology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:572-4. 2008..Sarcoidosis is a multisystemic disorder of unknown cause that primarily affects the lungs. The diagnosis is based on the clinical manifestations, radiological findings and histological examination...
- Predictors of mortality of mechanically ventilated patients in internal medicine wardsMoshe Hersch
Intensive Care Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center affiliated with the Hebrew University Medical School Hadassah Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
J Crit Care 27:694-701. 2012..Consequently, ventilated patients are often kept on the wards. This study examined survival likelihood among patients ventilated on the wards and the predictive value of commonly used severity-of-illness scores...
- Persistent chylothorax in Behcet's disease treated with a blood patchHannah Maayan
Department of Ocology Hematology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:588-9. 2008
- Asthma prevalence, family size, and birth orderShmuel Goldberg
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem 91301, Israel
Chest 131:1747-52. 2007..If the hygiene hypothesis is correct, asthma prevalence should be inversely related to birth order. The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between asthma prevalence, and family size and birth order...
- The effect of donor age on survival after lung transplantationGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:415-7. 2002..Historically, donor age above 55 years has been considered to be a relative contraindication for organ transplantation. The shortage of organs for transplantation has led to the expansion of the donor pool by accepling older donors...
- Spontaneous pneumomediastinum: is a chest X-ray enough? A single-center case seriesYaacov Esayag
Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center and Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:575-8. 2008..Several case series have been published focusing on clinical features, workup and prognosis. Due to the rarity of this entity, there is no consensus on the most appropriate treatment...
- Role of soluble interleukin-2 receptor levels in patients with latent tuberculosisDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute, Beilinson Campus, Rabin Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Petah Tiqwa, 49100, Israel
Lung 184:21-4. 2006..04, and 605 +/- 235 U/ml for >20 mm, p < 0.0001. sIL-2R assay may serve as an additional tool to estimate the extent of the immune response in patients with latent TB...
- World Trade Center "sarcoid-like" granulomatous pulmonary disease in New York City Fire Department rescue workersGabriel Izbicki
Pulmonary Division, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Chest 131:1414-23. 2007....
- Prognostic value of a new quantitative D-dimer test in critically ill patients 24 and 48 h following admission to the intensive care unitDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tiqwa, Israel
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 15:15-9. 2004..We conclude that this simple and new laboratory test may serve as an additional tool to predict the clinical severity of patients admitted to the ICU...
- Trial of prophylactic inhaled steroids to prevent or reduce pulmonary function decline, pulmonary symptoms, and airway hyperreactivity in firefighters at the world trade center siteGisela I Banauch
Pulmonary Division, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2:33-9. 2008..Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) are the most effective anti-inflammatory treatment for asthmatics. This trial evaluated the effects of prophylactic ICS in firefighters exposed to the World Trade Center disaster...
- Mechanics of respiratory muscles in single-lung transplant recipientsAnat Ratnovsky
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Respiration 73:642-50. 2006..After single-lung transplantation, muscle function is restored on the side of the transplant but it may be asymmetric to that on the side of the native diseased lung...