G S Breuer
Affiliation: Shaare Zedek Medical Center
- Late-onset neutropenia following rituximab treatment for rheumatologic conditionsGabriel S Breuer
Hebrew University School of Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, P O Box 3235, 91031, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Rheumatol 33:1337-40. 2014..However, vigilance is recommended with routine periodic blood counts, especially 5 months following rituximab administration when the risk is expected to be the highest...
- Association between histological features in temporal artery biopsies and clinical features of patients with giant cell arteritisGabriel S Breuer
Departments of lnternal Medicine Rheumatology, affiliated with Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 15:271-4. 2013..In most cases of giant cell arteritis (GCA) the diagnosis is confirmed by temporal artery biopsy. Aside from the diagnostic purpose, histological parameters may serve as prognostic markers...
- Effect of biopsy length on the rate of positive temporal artery biopsiesG S Breuer
Department of Internal Medicine and the Rheumatology Service Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:S10-3. 2009..To investigate the relationship between temporal artery biopsy (TAB) length and the diagnostic sensitivity for giant cell arteritis (GCA)...
- Rate of discordant findings in bilateral temporal artery biopsy to diagnose giant cell arteritisGabriel S Breuer
Department of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Service, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hebrew University Medical School, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem, Israel 91031
J Rheumatol 36:794-6. 2009..To determine to what extent performing simultaneous bilateral temporal artery biopsies might increase the diagnostic sensitivity in giant cell arteritis (GCA)...
- Lupus-associated pancreatitisGabriel S Breuer
Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, P O Box 3235, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Autoimmun Rev 5:314-8. 2006..Treatment with steroids lowered the mortality by 67% compared to non-treated patients...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine among patients attending rheumatology clinics in IsraelGabriel S Breuer
Rheumatology Service, Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:184-7. 2006..Complementary and alternative medicine has recently attracted attention due to its widespread use. In a recent study in Israel, almost a half of CAM users in the general population used it for joint diseases or back pain...
- Remember the blood smear: a clinical laboratory vignetteGabriel S Breuer
Department of Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:1089-90. 2002
- A pregnant woman with hepatitis A and Guillain-BarréG S Breuer
Department of Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:179-80. 2001..She gave birth in term to a healthy baby. This is the first reported case in the English literature of a triple condition of hepatitis A, GBS, and pregnancy...
- Giant cell arteritis: intensity of the initial systemic inflammatory response and the course of the diseaseG Nesher
Shaare Zedek Medical Center and the Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:S30-4. 2008..Giant cell arteritis (GCA) has a variable course. We assessed whether intensity of initial systemic inflammatory response (ISIR) can predict the course of GCA...
- Negative temporal artery biopsies: eventual diagnoses and features of patients with biopsy-negative giant cell arteritis compared to patients without arteritisG S Breuer
Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:1103-6. 2008..Characterize patients with negative temporal artery biopsies in regard to their eventual diagnoses, and to find features that would differentiate biopsy-negative GCA from non-GCA patients...
- The incidence of giant cell arteritis in Jerusalem over a 25-year period: annual and seasonal fluctuationsM Bas-Lando
The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, and Safra Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 25:S15-7. 2007..However, such fluctuations were not observed by others. We examined both annual and seasonal rates of GCA over a period of 25 years in Jerusalem...
- Perceived efficacy among patients of various methods of complementary alternative medicine for rheumatologic diseasesG S Breuer
Rheumatology Service, Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center and the Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:693-6. 2005..The purpose of this cross-sectional survey was to obtain and analyze data on self-perceived efficacy of different types of complementary alternative medicine (CAM) by patients with various rheumatologic conditions...
- Desensitization to hydroxychloroquine--experience of 4 patientsMichal Mates
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology Clinic, Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Rheumatol 33:814-6. 2006..All 4 patients who were recruited completed the procedure successfully without significant difficulty. Our results suggest that HCQ slow oral desensitization is safe, effective, and easy to perform...
- Lupus-associated pancreatitisGideon Nesher
Department of Internal Medicine A, Rheumatology Service, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:260-7. 2006..Involvement of the pancreas in systemic lupus erythematosus is rare. The purpose of this article is to provide a detailed review of lupus-associated pancreatitis...
- Therapeutic options for refractory massive pleural effusion in systemic lupus erythematosus: a case study and review of the literatureGabriel S Breuer
Department of Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:744-9. 2005..Massive refractory pleural effusions are uncommon in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Describing such a patient, the literature was reviewed to report the various therapeutic options in such cases...