- Low dose palliative radiotherapy for splenomegaly in hematologic disordersKonstantin Lavrenkov
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 53:430-4. 2012..17; p = 0.03; 95% confidence interval 0.035-0.84). In our hands, low dose PSI provided effective palliation for patients with hematologic disorders with SM. Splenic re-irradiation was feasible without excessive toxicity...
- Recurrent pleural effusion as the presenting symptom of autoimmune endocrinopathy type IIItai Levi
Department of Internal Medicine E, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:967-8. 2002
- [Iron-deficiency anemia related to ancylostoma duodenale infection among Ethiopian immigrants to Israel]Itai Levi
Department of Internal Medicine E, Hematology Institute, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Health Science, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheba, Israel
Harefuah 142:606-8, 646. 2003..Hookworm infections, caused by the nematodes Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, involve the gastrointestinal tract, causing iron-deficiency anemia...
- Moderate to severe thrombocytopenia during pregnancyMichal Parnas
Faculty of Health Science, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:163-8. 2006..The objective was to investigate obstetric risk factors, complications, and outcomes of pregnancies complicated by moderate to severe thrombocytopenia...
- Pregnancy outcome in congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type IHanna Shalev
Department of Hematology, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Ben Gurion University of Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Haematol 81:317-21. 2008..Moderate to severe maternal anemia is a recognized independent risk factor for low birth weight (LBW) and complicated delivery. The aim of the study was to review the outcome of pregnancies in women with CDA I...
- Meta-analysis of autologous bone marrow transplantation versus chemotherapy in adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia in first remissionItai Levi
Institute of Hematology, Soroka University Medical Center, PO Box 151, Be er Sheva 84101, Israel
Leuk Res 28:605-12. 2004..82, 95% CI, 0.71-0.94). In conclusion, ABMT did not improve survival but it improved event-free survival (EFS) when compared with chemotherapy or no further treatment in patients with AML in first complete remission...
- Debulking surgery for patients with diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaMargarita Tokar
Department of Oncology, Soroka University Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1853-6. 2004..Based on our experience with 2 patients we believe that in specific cases of residual chemo-resistant lymphomatous mass, surgery should be considered as a part of a multimodal approach...
- High levels of soluble serum hemojuvelin in patients with congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type IHanna Shalev
Hematology Department, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Haematol 90:31-6. 2013..Hemojuvelin (HJV) is an important regulator of serum hepcidin, while soluble form of HJV (s-HJV) competitively down-regulates hepcidin...
- Rituximab in a patient with acute renal failure due to B-cell lymphomatous infiltration of the kidneysMargarita Tokar
Department of Oncology, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 45:819-20. 2004..The patients renal function improved on therapy, with no need for hemodialysis and there were no significant toxicities. Rituximab may be used as a treatment option for NHL patients with impaired renal function...
- Morbidity and mortality of adult patients with congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type IHanna Shalev
Pediatric Division, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Haematol . 2016..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Mechanism of the antitumoral activity of deferasirox, an iron chelation agent, on mantle cell lymphomaLiat Vazana-Barad
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 54:851-9. 2013..The present data indicate that deferasirox, by down-regulating cyclin D1 and inhibiting its related signals, may constitute a promising adjuvant therapeutic molecule in the strategy for MCL treatment...
- Expression of CD24 on CD19- CD79a+ early B-cell progenitors in human bone marrowElena Israel
Flow Cytometry Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, Israel
Cell Immunol 236:171-8. 2005..e., displayed antigenic properties of early B-cell progenitors. Our data indicate that CD19- early B-cell progenitors in human BM express CD24, and that the expression of CD24 in human B-cell development precedes the expression of CD19...
- The Nrf2 transcription factor is a positive regulator of myeloid differentiation of acute myeloid leukemia cellsIrene Bobilev
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Petakh Tikva, Israel
Cancer Biol Ther 11:317-29. 2011..Our findings suggest that the Nrf2/ARE pathway plays an important part in the cooperative induction of myeloid leukemia cell differentiation by 1,25D and a plant polyphenol...
- Re: Consolidation therapy with autologous bone marrow transplantation in adults with acute myeloid leukemia: a meta-analysisItai Levi
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1038-9; author reply 1039-40. 2004
- Platelets but not monocytes contribute to the plasma levels of factor XIII subunit A in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationAida Inbal
Institute of Thrombosis and Hemostasis and Bone Marrow Transplantation Department, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 15:249-53. 2004..In addition, extra-haematopoietic sources of FXIII synthesis may also contribute to FXIII levels in plasma...