- Retraumatization of Israeli civilians during a reactivation of the Gulf War threatPaz Toren
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:43-5. 2002
- A trauma-like model of political extremism: psycho-political fault lines in IsraelNathaniel Laor
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1208:24-31. 2010..When fear conjures up extremely skewed sociopolitical identifications across political boundaries, morbid transcendence may manifest itself in destructive political activity...
- Image vividness as a psychophysiological regulator in Posttraumatic Stress DisorderN Laor
Tel Aviv Brull Community Mental Health Center and Department of Psychiatry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 21:39-48. 1999..The results are discussed in the context of Lang' s theoretical model, emphasizing the role of image vividness in the mediation and regulation of psychophysiology...
- Attitudes toward Arabs of Israeli children exposed to missile attacks: the role of personality functionsNathaniel Laor
Donald J Cohen and Irving B Harris Center for Trauma and Disaster Intervention, Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 41:23-32. 2004..This study examines the attitudes toward Arabs of Israeli children who were exposed to missile attacks during the Gulf War as related to exposure, early and present functioning, and appraisal of chances for peace...
- Image control and posttraumatic symptoms in children following SCUD missile attacksN Laor
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Yale Child Study Center, Israel
Percept Mot Skills 90:1295-8. 2000..Analysis confirmed the hypothesis that low scores on the Test of Visual Image Control were associated with specific posttraumatic symptoms but not with general ones...
- Mothers' functioning and children's symptoms 5 years after a SCUD missile attackN Laor
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Psychiatry 158:1020-6. 2001..The authors assessed the long-term consequences of the SCUD missile attack in Israel on children as a function of their mothers' psychological functioning, family cohesion, and the event itself...
- Facing war, terrorism, and disaster: toward a child-oriented comprehensive emergency care systemNathaniel Laor
Department of Psychiatry and Philosophy, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of the Humanities, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:343-61. 2003..By working together we can lessen the devastating impact of these events, save countless lives, prevent untold suffering, and maintain hope for a better world for children...
- Risk and protective factors mediating psychological symptoms and ideological commitment of adolescents facing continuous terrorismNathaniel Laor
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:279-86. 2006..Facing terrorism, political ideology may serve a double edge sword: protecting against symptom development as well as contributing to the toxic cycle of violence...
- Image control from childhood to adolescenceL Wolmer
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler School of Medicine
Percept Mot Skills 89:471-85. 1999..The implications of these results were discussed in relation to normal and abnormal development as well as suggestions for research...
- Visual search in schizophrenia: latent inhibition and novel pop-out effectsR E Lubow
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, 69978, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Schizophr Res 45:145-56. 2000..Past inconsistencies in the LI-schizophrenia literature may be the result of disproportionate gender compositions in patient and control groups...
- Use of atypical neuroleptics in child and adolescent psychiatryP Toren
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Clin Psychiatry 59:644-56. 1998..This article reviews the published clinical experience with atypical neuroleptics in children and adolescents...
- Neurocognitive correlates of anxiety disorders in children: a preliminary reportP Toren
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Anxiety Disord 14:239-47. 2000..Anxiety does not appear to be associated with nonverbal processes...
- School reactivation programs after disaster: could teachers serve as clinical mediators?Leo Wolmer
Psychology Research Unit, Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, 9 Hatzvi Street, Tel Aviv, Israel 67197
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:363-81. 2003....
- Teacher-mediated intervention after disaster: a controlled three-year follow-up of children's functioningLeo Wolmer
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Israel
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 46:1161-8. 2005..The goal of this follow-up study was to determine the long-term effectiveness of the original intervention...
- The effects of target and distractor familiarity on visual search in anxious children: latent inhibition and novel pop-outR E Lubow
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Anxiety Disord 14:41-56. 2000..In general, the results suggest that children with diagnosed anxiety disorder do not differ from controls on basic information processing as assessed by this visual search task...
- Psychiatric morbidity and quality of life in children with malignancies and their parentsOsnat Magal-Vardi
Tel Aviv Brull Community Mental Health Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:872-5. 2004..Mothers' symptoms did not change, but fathers' symptoms decreased with those of their children. Several procedures and experiences were identified as causes of traumatic stress responses...
- Posttraumatic, dissociative and grief symptoms in Turkish children exposed to the 1999 earthquakesNathaniel Laor
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 9 Hatzvi St, Tel Aviv 67197, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:824-32. 2002..The results suggest that the assessment of psychopathology in children following a disaster requires the complementary evaluation of symptoms of posttrauma, dissociation, and grief...
- A possible antienuretic effect of reboxetine in children and adolescents with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: case seriesPaz Toren
Tel Aviv Brull Community Mental Health Center, 1 Geiger Street, Basement Floor, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69341, Israel
Neuropsychobiology 51:239-42. 2005..Reboxetine is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor...