- The 16 golden hours for conservative treatment in children with postoperative small bowel obstructionElad Feigin
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva 49 202, Israel
J Pediatr Surg 45:966-8. 2010..Conservative treatment of postoperative small bowel obstruction in children is widely accepted, provided that there are no clinical signs of bowel strangulation. However, the length of time surgery can be safely deferred remains unclear...
- Conservative approach to the treatment of injured liver and spleen in children: association with reduced mortalityElad Feigin
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa 49202, Israel
Pediatr Surg Int 25:583-6. 2009..To eliminate this potential bias, the present study examined changes in the rate of surgery and their impact on outcome within the same medical centers over time...
- Laparoscopic ovarian tissue preservation in young patients at risk for ovarian failure as a result of chemotherapy/irradiation for primary malignancyElad Feigin
Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Surg 42:862-4. 2007..This report presents our early experience with ovarian tissue preservation in young patients...
- Two year experience with minimal access surgery at Schneider Children's Medical Center of IsraelDragan Kravarusic
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:564-7. 2005..The minimal access surgery revolution has only just begun to impact on pediatric surgery, thanks mainly to technologic advances and evidence of the benefits of minimally invasive procedures in this population...
- Colorectal carcinoma in childhood: a retrospective multicenter studyDragan Kravarusic
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:209-11. 2007..The aim of this multicenter study was to document the clinical profile, treatment and prognosis of colorectal carcinoma in children in Israel...
- A case study of virilizing adrenal tumor in an adolescent female elite tennis player--insight into the use of anabolic steroids in young athletesAlon Eliakim
Child Health and Sports Center, Pediatric Endocrine Clinic, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
J Strength Cond Res 25:46-50. 2011..The lack of beneficial effect on performance in adolescents, combined with the potentially hazardous side effects of anabolic steroids, suggests that teenage athletes should avoid their use...
- Anorectal injuries in children: a 20-year experience in two centersInbal Samuk
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center, Sackler Medical School, University of Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Pediatr Surg Int 31:815-9. 2015..Anorectal injuries in children are not frequently reported and their management is challenging. This report reviews the experience in managing this type of injuries in two medical centers over 20 years...
- Compliance with surgical antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines in pediatric surgeryGil Klinger
Department of Neonatology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva, Israel
Eur J Pediatr Surg 25:199-202. 2015..Surgical antibiotic prophylaxis (AP) guidelines balance the need to prevent infection with the risks of adverse drug effects. Our aim was to assess compliance with AP guidelines...
- Unique case of intramural colonic splenosisDragan Kravarusic
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah KW, Israel
J Pediatr Surg 41:e15-7. 2006....
- Androgen insensitivity syndrome: risk of malignancy and timing of surgery in a paediatric and adolescent populationDragan Kravarusic
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Sackler Medical School, University of Tel Aviv, Israel
Afr J Paediatr Surg 8:194-8. 2011..There is a generally accepted opinion among physicians that the risk of malignancy in androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) is considerably lower than with other intersex disorders and occurs at a later age...