Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Daily stress interacts with trait dissociation to predict sleep-related experiences in young adultsNirit Soffer-Dudek
Stress and Personality Lab, Department of Psychology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Abnorm Psychol 120:719-29. 2011..Flawed sleep-wake transitions, previously linked to dissociation and sleep-related experiences, might account for this effect...
- Evidence-based psychiatric practice? Long live the (individual) differenceNirit Soffer
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 44:301-8. 2007..Clinical and policy implications of this conclusion are discussed...
- Dissociative absorption: An empirically unique, clinically relevant, dissociative factorNirit Soffer-Dudek
Consciousness and Psychopathology Lab, Department of Psychology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 8410501, Israel Electronic address
Conscious Cogn 36:338-51. 2015..We conclude that absorption is a unique and clinically relevant dissociative tendency that is particularly meaningful to obsessive-compulsive symptoms. ..
- What are sleep-related experiences? Associations with transliminality, psychological distress, and life stressNirit Soffer-Dudek
The Risk Resilience Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Conscious Cogn 18:891-904. 2009....
- Effect of exposure to terrorism on sleep-related experiences in Israeli young adultsNirit Soffer-Dudek
Stress and Personality StreP Lab, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Psychiatry 73:264-76. 2010..Surprisingly, GSEs were negatively correlated with physical exposure variables. We suggest that GSEs may be related to a ruminative coping style (i.e., not "letting go," both by day and by night)...
- Lucid dreaming and resilience in the face of exposure to terrorismNirit Soffer-Dudek
Department of Psychology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Trauma Stress 24:125-8. 2011..Both indirect exposure through media and perceived stress predicted an increase in distress during the 3-year interval under low, but not high, levels of lucid dreams. Possible mechanisms are discussed...