Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Job structure and burnout among primary care pediatriciansTalma Kushnir
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Professions, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Work 27:67-74. 2006..It is associated with emotional distress, absenteeism, reduction in personal effectiveness, and increased risk for health problems. Burnout has rarely been investigated among pediatricians...
- Attitudes of Jewish and Bedouin responders toward family physicians' use of electronic medical records during the medical encounterTalma Kushnir
Department of Public Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 93:373-80. 2013..We compared the attitudes of Jewish and Bedouin responders toward EMR's use by family physicians during the medical encounter, and examined the contribution of background variables to these attitudes...
- Are burnout levels increasing? The experience of Israeli primary care physiciansTalma Kushnir
National Institute of Occupational and Environmental Health, Ra anana, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 6:451-5. 2004....
- Dysfunctional thinking patterns and immigration status as predictors of hearing protection device usageTalma Kushnir
Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev and School of Health Professions, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Ann Behav Med 32:162-7. 2006..There is limited research on the role of dysfunctional/irrational thinking processes and immigration status on hearing protection device (HPD) usage...
- Exploring physician perceptions of the impact of emotions on behaviour during interactions with patientsTalma Kushnir
Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Fam Pract 28:75-81. 2011..There is relatively little research on affective influences on physician behaviour, especially on prescribing and referrals. Affects include transitory moods and lasting emotions...
- Pediatricians' communication styles as correlates of global trust among Jewish and Bedouin parents of disabled childrenTalma Kushnir
Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:18-25. 2008....
- Positive and negative work characteristics associated with burnout among primary care pediatriciansTalma Kushnir
Sociology of Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Pediatr Int 50:546-51. 2008....
- Factors affecting nurses' attitudes in Israel toward patients who present them with Internet medical informationSivia Barnoy
Tel Aviv University, Nursing Department, Ramat Aviv, 69978 Tel Aviv, Israel
Nurs Outlook 56:314-21. 2008..Since the number of patients presenting Internet information can only multiply, there is a need to prepare and train nurses for encounters with such patients...
- Self-epistemic authority and nurses' reactions to medical information that is retrieved from Internet sites of different credibilitySivia Barnoy
Nursing Department, School of Health Professions, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Nurs Health Sci 13:366-70. 2011..Such skills will help to reduce any negative feeling that might arise when they encounter patients who present medical information from the Internet...
- Can achievement goal theory provide a useful motivational perspective for explaining psychosocial attributes of medical students?Nir Madjar
Department of Education, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
BMC Med Educ 12:4. 2012..The hypothesis was that the mastery goal would be positively associated with psychosocial abilities while performance goals would be positively associated with LFT...
- Evaluation of the psychometric properties of the psychological medicine inventory--nurses versionYaacov G Bachner
Department of Sociology of Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Nurs Meas 19:67-75. 2011..48-.69), as were the inter-item correlations (.41-.65). Given these results, the PMI-N can be used with confidence among nurses. Further examination of the scale with larger and more representative samples is warranted...
- Meaning in life: does it play a role in smoking?Barna Konkolÿ Thege
Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva, Israel
Subst Use Misuse 44:1566-77. 2009..occasional smoker relationship, level of life meaning was not a significant predictor. The gender-meaning in life interaction was insignificant in all three relations. Limitations of this explorative investigation are noted...
- The vagina dialogues: genital self-image and communication with physicians about sexual dysfunction and dissatisfaction among Jewish patients in a women's health clinic in southern IsraelAviva Yulevitch
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Sex Med 10:3059-68. 2013..The health-care system offers a variety of solutions for problems related to sexual dysfunction. To gain access to treatment options, women must be willing to discuss these issues with their physicians...
- Nurses attitudes towards the informed patientSivia Barnoy
Nursing Department, School of Health Professions, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:396-9. 2009..Many patients bring the information they downloaded from the Internet to the appointments with the health care workers...
- Quality of life of adult daughters of women with schizophrenia: Associations with psychological resource losses and gainsOra Alkan
Department of Public Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 68:11-7. 2016..This study examined the relationship between perceived losses and gains of psychological resources and quality of life of adult daughters of women with schizophrenia...
- Reporting misconduct of a coworker to protect a patient: a comparison between experienced nurses and nursing studentsAbraham Mansbach
Department of Philosophy, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, 84105 Beer Sheva, Israel
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:413926. 2014..The current study compares experienced nurses to nursing students regarding their willingness to blow the whistle to protect a patient's interests...
- Relationship between meaning in life and smoking status: results of a national representative surveyBarna Konkolÿ Thege
Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, POB 653, 84105 Be er Sheva, Israel
Addict Behav 34:117-20. 2009..Further research is needed to clarify the nature and mediators of the observed relationship between life meaning and smoking in order to better understand the role of existential concerns in cigarette use...
- Examination of a modified version of the Psychological Medical Inventory among medical studentsYaacov G Bachner
Department of Sociology of Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel email
Med Teach 30:94-6. 2008..The scale has been used solely among physicians and other healthcare professionals...
- The effects of a coaching project in nursing on the coaches' training motivation, training outcomes, and job performance: an experimental studyTalma Kushnir
Department of Nursing, Tel Aviv University, Isreal
Int J Nurs Stud 45:837-45. 2008..Coaching is known to benefit both the trainees and the coaches, yet research in nursing has mainly focused on the benefits to the trainees. There is little knowledge regarding the psycho-educational effects of being a coach...