- Familial mediterranean fever and Behçet's disease--are they associated?Eldad Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Rheumatol 29:530-4. 2002..To test whether the coexistence of familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) and Behçet's disease (BD) is more frequent than expected and whether each disease affects the severity of the other...
- Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) and renal AA amyloidosis--phenotype-genotype correlation, treatment and prognosisEldad Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, FMF Clinic, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Nephrol 16:431-4. 2003..The risk of amyloidosis is increased in male FMF patients and in patients bearing polymorphism a/a in the SAA1 gene. Colchicine is the chosen drug for the treatment of FMF and can prevent amyloidosis...
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with familial Mediterranean fever receiving colchicine: is amniocentesis justified?Eli Ben-Chetrit
Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:143-8. 2010..To evaluate the outcome of pregnancies in women with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) who are taking colchicine, and to reconsider the justification for amniocentesis in these women...
- Familial Mediterranean fever: a critical digest of the 2012-2013 literatureEli M Eisenstein
Department of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:103-7. 2013..In this review, we summarise these and other salient findings from the recent FMF literature, and discuss their significance for the clinician. ..
- The spectrum of MEFV clinical presentations--is it familial Mediterranean fever only?Eldad Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Israel
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1455-9. 2009..This gene is considered to be responsible only for FMF. In the present study, we tried to find out whether the MEFV gene is associated with or responsible for clinical conditions other than FMF...
- Kimura's disease and Behcet's syndrome in the same family--are they associated?Eldad Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center Head, POB 12000, Jerusalem, Israel
Joint Bone Spine 80:44-7. 2013..Recently, we encountered a family whose three siblings suffer from BD and an additional brother suffers from KD. This observation raised the question as to whether both diseases have a common underlying genetic basis...
- Vasculitis in the autoinflammatory diseasesHagit Peleg
Rheumatology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Curr Opin Rheumatol 29:4-11. 2017..This article addresses the prevalence and relationship between autoinflammatory diseases and vasculitis...
- Refractory macrophage activation syndrome in a patient with SLE and APLA syndrome - Successful use of PET- CT and Anakinra in its diagnosis and treatmentOshrat E Tayer-Shifman
a Rheumatology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Mod Rheumatol 25:954-7. 2015..It emphasizes the significance of PET-CT in the diagnosis and evaluation of treatment of MAS. Finally, it describes the important role of Anakinra in treating refractory cases of MAS. ..
- Laryngeal involvement in Behcet's disease--a challenge for treatmentMenachem Gross
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Rheumatol 32:S75-7. 2013..Although some cases may still require surgical intervention, the therapeutic option of anti-TNF agents, specifically anti-TNF antibodies such as infliximab, may decrease the need for the surgical option...
- Major vessel thrombosis in Behçet's disease: the dilemma of anticoagulant therapy - the approach of rheumatologists from different countriesOshrat E Tayer-Shifman
Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:735-40. 2012..Our objective was to raise this therapeutic dilemma and to call for controlled studies to help establish guidelines to address this problem...
- Pulmonary hemorrhage in antiphospholipid antibody syndromeAnat Scheiman Elazary
Department of Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Rheumatol 39:1628-31. 2012..To characterize the clinical manifestations of patients with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS) and pulmonary hemorrhage (PH)...
- Serum levels of anti-streptolysin O antibodies: their role in evaluating rheumatic diseasesEli Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Rheum Dis 15:78-85. 2012..Family physicians measure serum levels of anti-streptolysin O antibodies (ASO) in the routine evaluation of patients with rheumatic conditions...
- Fatal nephrotic syndrome complicating allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a case reportIddo Z Ben-Dov
Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2946-9. 2009..Physicians should be aware of the possibility that infections and inflammation accompanying the post-transplantation period may rarely promote the development of systemic amyloidosis or exacerbate silent pre-existing disease...
- The outcome of pregnancy in the wives of men with familial mediterranean fever treated with colchicineEldad Ben-Chetrit
Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, POB 12000, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:549-52. 2004..To evaluate the outcome of pregnancies of normal women married to men with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF), some of whom took colchicine during the conception with their wives...
- The distribution of MEFV common mutations among Israeli patients with familial Mediterranean feverEldad Ben-Chetrit
Isr Med Assoc J 5:592-4. 2003
- Country as the primary risk factor for renal amyloidosis in familial Mediterranean feverIsabelle Touitou
Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Rheum 56:1706-12. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the controversial issue of amyloidosis susceptibility in FMF by determining the relative contributions of MEFV and numerous epidemiologic factors to the risk of renal amyloidosis...
- Peritoneal adhesions and intestinal obstructions in patients with familial Mediterranean fever--are they more frequent?Yackov Berkun
Department of Pediatrics, Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 36:316-21. 2007..The aim of the study was to estimate the rate of spontaneous or postsurgical small-bowel obstruction (SBO) in FMF patients...
- The rise and fall of FMF research--fifty years of publicationsEli Ben-Chetrit
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:S3-7. 2005
- Periodic fever in infants: familial Mediterranean fever only?Eldad Ben-Chetrit
Isr Med Assoc J 5:739-40. 2003
- Allogenic bone marrow transplantation: not a treatment yet for familial Mediterranean feverIsabelle Touitou
Blood 102:409. 2003
- Effect of colchicine and cytokines on MEFV expression and C5a inhibitor activity in human primary fibroblast culturesSuzan Abedat
Hematology Unit, Hadassah Hospitals, Mount Scopus, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:7-12. 2002..A C5a inhibitor, previously detected in normal serosal fluids, was recently identified in serosal cultures as well, and was found to be deficient in serosal fluids and cultures obtained from FMF patients...