- Ibuprofen-induced papillary necrosis causing bilateral ureteric obstruction
Department of Urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
J Pediatr Urol 3:60-2. 2007
..In most children, ibuprofen is well tolerated and does not produce significant adverse effects. We report a case of acute papillary necrosis causing bilateral ureteric obstruction induced by ibuprofen...
- Salvage cryotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer after radiation failure: a prospective case series of the first 100 patients
The Royal Surrey County Hospital and St Luke s Cancer Centre, Guildford, Surrey, UK
BJU Int 100:760-4. 2007
..To report the short- to intermediate-term experience of using salvage targeted cryoablation of the prostate (TCAP) for the recurrence of localized prostate cancer after radiotherapy...
- Inhibition of the aquaporin 3 water channel increases the sensitivity of prostate cancer cells to cryotherapy
Department of Oncology, Postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7WG, UK
Br J Cancer 100:1889-95. 2009
..Inhibition of AQP3 increases the sensitivity of prostate cancer cells to freezing. This strategy may be exploited in the clinic to improve the efficacy of prostate cryotherapy...
- Enhancing prostate cancer cryotherapy using tumour necrosis factor related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) sensitisation in an in vitro cryotherapy model
Postgraduate Medical School, Guildford, UK
Cryobiology 59:207-13. 2009
..Our finding demonstrates that combined treatment of TRAIL and cryotherapy represent a novel approach to increase the sensitivity to cryotherapy. This combined approach may be feasible for locally advanced prostate cancer...
- Immunoregulatory effects of freeze injured whole tumour cells on human dendritic cells using an in vitro cryotherapy model
Postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU27WG, UK
Cryobiology 61:268-74. 2010
..Therefore, the combination of cryotherapy and DC vaccine may represent a novel method to increase the efficacy of cryotherapy especially at the peripheral zones of the prostate where cells are exposed to sub-lethal temperature...
- Epithelioid hemangioma of the penis: case report and review of literature
The Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Med Case Rep 5:260. 2011
..Epithelioid hemangioma is a rare vascular tumor found in the penis. It is essential to avoid misdiagnosis with Peyronie's disease and penile cancer, as management differs significantly...
- Inguinal lymph node metastases from a testicular seminoma: a case report and a review of the literature
Department of Urology, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, E9 6SR, UK
J Med Case Rep 4:378. 2010
..This is an unusual presentation of testicular cancer and, to the best of our knowledge, the first report of this kind in the literature...
- Transpubic radical prostatectomy: a novel approach for rhabdomyosarcoma of the prostate in children
Department of Urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 22:453-5. 2006
..In the child, the transpubic approach allows direct access to the prostate and proximal urethra whilst obviating problems noted in adults. We describe this approach to the prostate in a 3-year-old boy...