Gregory D Leonard
Affiliation: Waterford Regional Hospital
- Current strategies using hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for the treatment of colorectal cancerRonan J Kelly
Waterford Regional Hospital, Ardkeen, Waterford, Ireland
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:166-74. 2005..Continued progress in the field of HAI therapy may reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with CRC, so continued research in this area should be encouraged...
- ABC transporters and inhibitors: new targets, new agentsGregory D Leonard
Medical Oncology Clinical Research Unit, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bldg 10 Rm 12N226, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 3:1652-9. 2002..This review focuses on attempts aimed at overcoming resistancemediated by ABC transporters and evaluates the prospects for addition of new inhibitors to the anticancer armamentarium...
- Survey of oxaliplatin-associated neurotoxicity using an interview-based questionnaire in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerGregory D Leonard
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
BMC Cancer 5:116. 2005..Oxaliplatin, an agent used in first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer, causes acute and chronic neurotoxicity. This study was performed to carefully assess the incidence, type and duration of oxaliplatin neurotoxicity...
- Severe disabling sensory-motor polyneuropathy during oxaliplatin-based chemotherapyGregory D Leonard
National Cancer Institute Navy Medical Oncology, Bethesda, MD, USA
Anticancer Drugs 15:733-5. 2004..Heightened clinical suspicion for possible oxaliplatin-induced motor neuropathies may be warranted...
- A phase I pharmacologic and pharmacogenetic trial of sequential 24-hour infusion of irinotecan followed by leucovorin and a 48-hour infusion of fluorouracil in adult patients with solid tumorsMaurice A Wright
Medical Oncology Clinical Research Unit, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4144-50. 2005..In preclinical studies, sequential exposure to irinotecan (CPT-11) then fluorouracil (5-FU) is superior to concurrent exposure or the reverse sequence; a 24-hour infusion of CPT-11 may be better tolerated than shorter infusions...
- The role of ABC transporters in clinical practiceGregory D Leonard
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Oncologist 8:411-24. 2003..Further optimism is warranted with the advent of potent, nontoxic inhibitors and new treatment strategies, including the combination of new targeted therapies with therapies aimed at the prevention of drug resistance...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ, complexities and challengesGregory D Leonard
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:906-20. 2004..Ongoing and recently completed studies should provide information on outcomes in patients treated with lumpectomy alone and on the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors as an alternative to tamoxifen...
- Cutaneous reactions to chemotherapy and their managementAngela J Wyatt
Department of Dermatology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 7:45-63. 2006..Early recognition and treatment of the toxicity facilitates good symptom control, prevents treatment-related morbidity, and allows continuation of anti-cancer therapy...
- Continued survival of more than ten years, without resection of metastatic disease, in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with biomodulated fluorouracil: report of two casesGregory D Leonard
Old School of Nursing, Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, Ireland
Dis Colon Rectum 49:407-10. 2006..These patients also confirm the importance of continued investigation of fluorouracil modulating agents, which may further enhance the recent progress made with fluorouracil-based combination chemotherapy for colorectal cancer...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy before liver resection for patients with unresectable liver metastases from colorectal carcinomaGregory D Leonard
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2038-48. 2005..This review summarizes the current data on neoadjuvant chemotherapy, the rationale for this approach, potential complications, and future prospects...
- Biliary tract cancers: current concepts and controversiesGregory D Leonard
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, 1275 York Avenue, Box 324, New York, New York 10021, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:211-23. 2005..Further progress in the management of biliary tract cancer is anticipated using biological therapies and continued research is essential to discover the optimal treatment for this challenging disease...
- Persistent CEA elevation in a patient with psoriasis and a history of metastatic colorectal cancer with no evidence of residual tumorGregory D Leonard
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1652-3. 2004
- Hepatic arterial infusion: a treatment at the "end of an era"?Derek G Power
J Clin Oncol 26:2597-8; author reply 2598-9. 2008