Affiliation: Trinity College
- Getting a handle on the general practice workforce in IrelandC Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, AMNCH, Dublin 24, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 183:207-13. 2014..General practice makes a critical contribution to healthcare in Ireland. However, there is a weak understanding of the general practice workforce in Ireland...
- Predicting streptococcal pharyngitis in adults in primary care: a systematic review of the diagnostic accuracy of symptoms and signs and validation of the Centor scoreJolien Aalbers
HRB Centre for Primary Care Research, Department of General Practice, RCSI Medical School, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
BMC Med 9:67. 2011....
- General practitioner workforce planning: assessment of four policy directionsConor Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College Centre for Health Sciences, AMiNCH, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Health Serv Res 10:148. 2010..This study uses Ireland as a case study to determine the future demand and supply of GPs and to assess the potential impact of several possible interventions to address future shortages...
- The distribution of GPs in Ireland in relation to deprivationConor Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College Centre for Health Sciences, AMiNCH, Tallaght, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Health Place 16:1077-83. 2010..Incentives may be required to increase service provision in these highly deprived areas...
- Impact of a GP cooperative on lower acuity emergency department attendancesFergus D O'Kelly
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Emerg Med J 27:770-3. 2010..Dubdoc was established with the aim of providing an easy access out-of-hours service for ambulatory patients of those doctors supplying the service...
- A systematic review of intermittent pneumatic compression for critical limb ischaemiaPatrick S Moran
Health Information and Quality Authority, Dublin, Ireland
Vasc Med 20:41-50. 2015..However, in the absence of additional well-designed analytical studies examining the effect of IPC in critical limb ischaemia, this treatment remains unproven. ..
- Multimorbidity in a cohort of patients with type 2 diabetesConor Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Eur J Gen Pract 19:17-22. 2013..People with type 2 diabetes frequently have a variety of related and unrelated chronic conditions. These additional conditions have implications for patient education, treatment burden and disease management...
- Using scan statistics for congenital anomalies surveillance: the EUROCAT methodologyConor Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Epidemiol 30:1165-73. 2015..Numerous adaptations have improved the utility of the original methodology in the context of temporal cluster detection in congenital anomalies. ..
- Effectiveness of systematic screening for the detection of atrial fibrillationPatrick S Moran
Health Technology Assessment, Health Information and Quality Authority, Dublin, Ireland
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 4:CD009586. 2013..However, for screening to be an effective intervention it must improve the detection of AF and provide benefit for those who are detected earlier as a result of screening...
- Spatial variation in general medical services income in dublin general practitionersConor Teljeur
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Int J Family Med 2011:971231. 2011..The capitation rate for over-70-year olds provides an incentive for GPs to locate in affluent areas and potentially directs resources away from those in greater need...