Affiliation: Trinity College
- Resistance to paclitaxel in a cisplatin-resistant ovarian cancer cell line is mediated by P-glycoproteinBritta Stordal
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 7:e40717. 2012..Mechanisms characterised in IGROVCDDP cells may be applicable to relapsed ovarian cancer patients treated with frontline platinum/taxane chemotherapy...
- BRCA1/2 mutation analysis in 41 ovarian cell lines reveals only one functionally deleterious BRCA1 mutationBritta Stordal
Department of Histopathology, St James Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
Mol Oncol 7:567-79. 2013..PARP inhibitors may be useful in patients with BRCA1 deleterious mutations or gene methylation...
- Collateral sensitivity to cisplatin in KB-8-5-11 drug-resistant cancer cellsBen Doherty
Department of Histopathology, Trinity College Dublin, 1 18 Sir Patrick Dun Research Laboratory, Central Pathology Building, St James Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Anticancer Res 34:503-7. 2014..KB-8-5-11 has become sensitive to non-ABCB1 substrate cisplatin. Understanding the mechanism of collateral sensitivity to cisplatin may lead to biomarker discovery for platinum sensitivity in patients with cancer...
- PARP Inhibitors as P-glyoprotein SubstratesDenise Lawlor
Department of Histopathology, St James Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Pharm Sci 103:1913-20. 2014..Veliparib and CEP-8983 do not appear to be substrates. Veliparib and CEP-8983 may therefore be more useful in combined chemotherapy regimens with P-gp substrates and may be active in platinum and taxane-resistant ovarian cancer...
- A systematic review of genes involved in the inverse resistance relationship between cisplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy: role of BRCA1Britta Stordal
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 9:354-65. 2009..We propose that BRCA1 should be the first of a panel of cellular markers to predict the inverse cisplatin/paclitaxel resistance phenotype...
- Erlotinib or gefitinib for the treatment of relapsed platinum pretreated non-small cell lung cancer and ovarian cancer: a systematic reviewMark Murphy
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Ireland
Drug Resist Updat 14:177-90. 2011....
- Carboplatin and taxol resistance develops more rapidly in functional BRCA1 compared to dysfunctional BRCA1 ovarian cancer cellsSteven Busschots
Department of Histopathology, Trinity College Dublin, Central Pathology Laboratory, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Trinity College Dublin, Trinity Centre, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland Electronic address
Exp Cell Res 336:1-14. 2015..The UPN251 sublines remain sensitive to parp inhibitors veliparib and CEP8983 suggesting that these agents are candidates for the treatment of platinum/taxane resistant ovarian cancer patients...
- Identifying novel hypoxia-associated markers of chemoresistance in ovarian cancerLynda M McEvoy
Department of Histopathology TCD, Sir Patrick Dun s Laboratory, Central Pathology Laboratory, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
BMC Cancer 15:547. 2015....
- OvMark: a user-friendly system for the identification of prognostic biomarkers in publically available ovarian cancer gene expression datasetsStephen F Madden
Molecular Therapeutics for Cancer Ireland, National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Mol Cancer 13:241. 2014..There is a paucity of robust molecular markers that are independent of and complementary to clinical parameters such as disease stage and tumour grade...