F E Lithander
Affiliation: Trinity College
- Relationships of low serum vitamin D3 with anthropometry and markers of the metabolic syndrome and diabetes in overweight and obesityAnne Thea McGill
University of Auckland Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutr J 7:4. 2008..In the current study, serum vitamin D3 was inversely related to weight, BMI and markers of TIIDM (large waist, raised HbA1c) but not to adipose mass nor to MetSyn per se...
- No evidence of an effect of alterations in dietary fatty acids on fasting adiponectin over 3 weeksFiona E Lithander
Human Nutrition and Metabolic Unit, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:592-9. 2008..We investigated the effects of alterations in dietary fatty acid saturation on fasting serum adiponectin and associated peptides...
- No effect of an oleoylethanolamide-related phospholipid on satiety and energy intake: a randomised controlled trial of phosphatidylethanolamineF E Lithander
Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Lipids Health Dis 7:41. 2008..Visual analogue scales (VAS) were used to assess post-ingestive hunger and satiety, and energy intake (EI) was measured at an ad libitum lunch meal after 3.5 hours...
- Overweight and obesity among older adults on admission to hospitalF E Lithander
Department of Clinical Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Trinity Centre for Health Science, St lames s Hospital, Dublin
Ir Med J 104:87-8. 2011..6 (4.7) kg/m2, participated. More patients were overweight (n = 12) or obese (n = 9) than underweight (n= 1) or healthy weight (n = 8) which indicates that this age-group may be part of the Irish obesity epidemic...
- Postprandial response of adiponectin, interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and C-reactive protein to a high-fat dietary loadSally D Poppitt
Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutrition 24:322-9. 2008....
- No evidence of differential effects of SFA, MUFA or PUFA on post-ingestive satiety and energy intake: a randomised trial of fatty acid saturationCaroline M Strik
Human Nutrition Unit, School of Biological Sciences and Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutr J 9:24. 2010..This study investigated the effects of changes in fatty acid saturation on post-ingestive satiety and energy intake...
- Effects of moderate-dose omega-3 fish oil on cardiovascular risk factors and mood after ischemic stroke: a randomized, controlled trialSally D Poppitt
Human Nutrition Unit, School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Stroke 40:3485-92. 2009..In this trial, we assessed whether treatment with a guideline-recommended moderate-dose fish oil supplement could improve cardiovascular biomarkers, mood- and health-related quality of life in patients with ischemic stroke...