U M O'Connor
Affiliation: St James's Hospital
- Occupational radiation dose to eyes from endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography procedures in light of the revised eye lens dose limit from the International Commission on Radiological ProtectionU O'Connor
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Br J Radiol 86:20120289. 2013..The aim of this study was to measure occupational eye doses obtained from ERCP procedures...
- Practical application of suspension criteria scenarios in general radiography, computed radiography,digital radiography and fluoroscopyU O'Connor
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 153:236-40. 2013..The proposed RP 162 report improves on its predecessor and provides a robust set of criteria for ensuring that patient safety within the EU medical exposures framework is optimised...
- Environmental risk analysis of ultraviolet phototherapy centres in IrelandU M O'Connor
Dept of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, St James s Hospital, Dublin
Ir J Med Sci 175:63-7. 2006..The use of environmental controls such as warning signs, good ventilation and UV-opaque curtains will significantly reduce the risks to staff, patients and members of the public...
- Acceptance testing of fluoroscopy systems used for interventional purposesU O'Connor
St James s Hospital The Haughton Institute, Dublin, Ireland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 129:56-8. 2008..A number of recurrent problems have been identified and are presented...
- Development of training syllabi for radiation protection and quality assurance of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) systemsU O'Connor
St James s Hospital, The Haughton Institute, Dublin, Ireland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 129:211-3. 2008..Following the training course, a PC-based training CD was developed and will be made available. A harmonised approach to training will promote consistent approaches to radiation safety across the EU...