Affiliation: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Computational survey of peptides derived from disulphide-bonded protein loops that may serve as mediators of protein-protein interactionsFergal J Duffy
School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
BMC Bioinformatics 15:305. 2014..Ribosomally synthesised bioactive disulphide-bonded loops represent a large, naturally enriched library of potential bioactive compounds, worthy of systematic investigation...
- In vitro activities of synthetic host defense propeptides processed by neutrophil elastase against cystic fibrosis pathogensStephane Desgranges
Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 123, St Stephen s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:2487-9. 2011....
- Increased intracellular targeting to airway cells using octaarginine-coated liposomes: in vitro assessment of their suitability for inhalationSally Ann Cryan
Advanced Drug Delivery Research Centre, School of Pharmacy, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland
Mol Pharm 3:104-12. 2006..These systems, particularly octaarginine-coated liposomes, offer many advantages for drug delivery to airway epithelial cells including increased stability, improved cell binding, and cell uptake with an improved toxicity profile...
- A peptide affinity column for the identification of integrin alpha IIb-binding proteinsHeide Daxecker
Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Anal Biochem 374:203-12. 2008..This methodology may enable the sensitive and specific identification of proteins that interact with linear, membrane-proximal peptide motifs such as the integrin regulatory motif LAMWKVGFFKR...
- Bioinformatic discovery of novel bioactive peptidesRichard J Edwards
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 123 St Stephen s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Nat Chem Biol 3:108-12. 2007..Systematic screens of this nature are highly efficient tools for discovering short signaling motifs in molecular signaling pathways...
- Ligand switching in cell-permeable peptides: manipulation of the alpha-integrin signature motifElise Bernard
Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland
ACS Chem Biol 4:457-71. 2009..Agents derived from the inhibitory peptides described in this study may represent a new therapeutic strategy for anti-platelet or anti-integrin drug development...