Affiliation: National University of Ireland
- Patterns in weight reduction behaviour by weight status in schoolchildrenColette Kelly
Health Promotion Research Centre, 12 Distillery Road, School of Health Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Galway, Republic of Ireland
Public Health Nutr 13:1229-36. 2010..To investigate the relationships between weight reduction behaviour among non-overweight schoolchildren and dietary habits, perception of health, well-being and health complaints...
- Psychosomatic symptoms among schoolchildrenColette Kelly
Health Promotion Research Centre, National University of Ireland Galway, 12 Distillery Road, Galway, Ireland
Int J Adolesc Med Health 22:229-35. 2010..Research from several countries indicates that psychosomatic symptoms tend to co-exist rather than occur singularly and could impose limitations on daily living and participation in school life...
- Weight concerns among adolescent boysColette Kelly
1Health Promotion Research Centre, School of Health Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Republic of Ireland
Public Health Nutr 19:456-62. 2016..To investigate weight concerns among adolescent boys and relationships with health indicators and family factors...
- Food poverty and health among schoolchildren in Ireland: findings from the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) studyMichal Molcho
Department of Health Promotion, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Public Health Nutr 10:364-70. 2007..To investigate the relationships between food poverty and food consumption, health and life satisfaction among schoolchildren...
- Exploring traditional and cyberbullying among Irish adolescentsMary Callaghan
Health Promotion Research Centre, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland
Int J Public Health 60:199-206. 2015..This study aimed to explore the associations of traditional and cyberbullying victimisation with self-reported health and life satisfaction, and to examine whether involvement in risk behaviours contributes to these health outcomes...
- Factors influencing the food choices of Irish children and adolescents: a qualitative investigationAmanda Fitzgerald
School of Psychology, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Health Promot Int 25:289-98. 2010..To develop effective nutrition interventions, it is important to gather child and adolescent input regarding factors perceived as influencing their food choices...