- Folic acid knowledge and use among expectant mothers in 1997: a comparison with 1996R McDonnell
Health Information Unit Eastern Health Board, Dr Steeven s Hospital, Dublin
Ir Med J 92:296-9. 1999..However, less than a fifth of women were taking folic acid peri-conceptionally in 1997 and there is still scope for much improvement...
- Prevalence of risk factors for ischaemic stroke and their treatment among a cohort of stroke patients in DublinR McDonnell
Health Information Unit, Dr Steeven s Hospital, Dublin
Ir J Med Sci 169:253-7. 2000..The incidence can be reduced by addressing these risk factors. This study examines the prevalence of risk factors and their treatment in a cohort of patients with ischaemic stroke registered on a Dublin stroke database...
- Epidemiology of MRSA: the North/South study of MRSA in Ireland 1999P McDonald
Health Information Unit, Department of Public Health, Eastern Regional Health Authority, Dr Steeven s Hospital, 8, Dublin, Ireland
J Hosp Infect 54:130-4. 2003..Invasive infection was associated with intravascular lines and invasive procedures/surgery. Continuous surveillance is recommended to monitor the epidemiology of MRSA and the effectiveness of control measures...
- Congenital anomalies and proximity to landfill sitesE Boyle
Health Information Unit, Department of Public Health, Eastern Regional Health Authority, Dublin
Ir Med J 97:16-8. 2004..The kernel and K methods showed no tendency of cases to cluster in relationship to landfills. In conclusion, congenital anomalies were not found to occur more commonly in proximity to municipal landfills...
- Helicobacter Pylori eradication therapy: getting research into practiceR McDonnell
Eastern Regional Health Authority, Health Information Unit, Department of Public Health, Dr Steeven s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Ir Med J 96:13-6. 2003..Best practice guidelines on HPET treatment of DU can be successfully applied using CME networks. This model could be repeated in another therapeutic area where established research is not yet current practice...
- Changing trend in congenital abdominal wall defects in eastern region of IrelandR McDonnell
Dublin EUROCAT Registry, Department of Public Health, Health Information Unit, Eastern Regional Health Authority, Dr Steeven s Hospital, Republic of Ireland
Ir Med J 95:236, 238. 2002..This study showed that there has been an unexpected rise in the birth prevalence of gastroschisis in the region, similar to that experienced in other countries in the same time period and likely to have common aetiological features...