- Cardiac arrest calls in a general hospitalJ Gallagher
Dept of Medicine, St Luke s Hospital, Kilkenny
Ir Med J 99:177-9. 2006..45% of patients demonstrated a physiological deterioration over this time. Recommendations are made regarding the management of in-hospital cardiac arrests...
- Transient global amnesia after sexual intercourseJ Gallagher
Dept of Geriatric Medicine, St Luke s Hospital, Kilkenny
Ir J Med Sci 174:86-7. 2005..Transient global amnesia presents as paroxysmal, transient loss of memory function and has been shown to have a number of inciting factors...
- A study to compare chest X-ray reports on overseas nursing recruitsS Power
Occupational Health Department, Cork University Hospital, Cork
Ir Med J 103:140-1. 2010..The data collected in this study has demonstrated that there was a significant difference in the CXR report from overseas and the CXR report in Ireland...
- Conflicting perspectives compromising discussions on cardiopulmonary resuscitationJ Groarke
Department of Cardiology, St Luke s General Hospital, Kilkenny
Ir Med J 103:233-5. 2010..Parties involved in discussion on resuscitation do not share the same knowledge base reducing the likelihood of meaningful discussion. Public misapprehensions surrounding resuscitation must be identified and corrected during discussion...
- Use of an admission early warning score to predict patient morbidity and mortality and treatment successJ D Groarke
Department of Medicine, St Luke s Hospital, Kilkenny, Ireland
Emerg Med J 25:803-6. 2008..This study examined the predictive value of an EWS calculated immediately on presentation to hospital for acute medical patients...
- Adverse childhood experiences and lifetime suicide ideation: a cross-sectional study in a non-psychiatric hospital settingP Corcoran
National Suicide Research Foundation, 1 Perrott Avenue, College Road, Cork, Ireland
Ir Med J 99:42-5. 2006..3-13.3) and suicide ideation (OR = 3.5, 95% CI = 1.5-8.3). The findings emphasise the need to set suicide prevention within the broader context of society's obligation to protect children from physical, emotional and sexual abuse...
- TB policy and the ISG's findingsJ Gallagher
Vet Rec 161:495-6. 2007