Affiliation: Veer Savarkar Marg
- Evaluation of the bactec MGIT 960 TB system for recovery and identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in a high through put tertiary care centreC Rodrigues
Microbiology Section, Department of Lab Medicine, PD Hinduja National Hospital and MRC, Mumbai, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 27:217-21. 2009..To evaluate the performance of an automated BACTEC MGIT 960, a non-radioactive, non-invasive liquid culture system for cultivation of M. tuberculosis complex in terms of recovery rate and time...
- Time to identify and define non-tuberculous mycobacteria in a tuberculosis-endemic regionS Shenai
Department of Microbiology, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mahim West, Mumbai, India
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14:1001-8. 2010..To identify and characterise disease caused by non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) in a tuberculosis-endemic region...
- High incidence of the Beijing genotype among multidrug-resistant isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a tertiary care center in Mumbai, IndiaDeepak Almeida
Research Labs, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai, India
Clin Infect Dis 40:881-6. 2005..We also report a high frequency of the Delhi genotype (31% of isolates). Our data indicate considerable ongoing transmission of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains of the Beijing genotype in Mumbai...
- Needlestick injuries in a tertiary care centre in Mumbai, IndiaA Mehta
P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim West, Mumbai 400 016, India
J Hosp Infect 60:368-73. 2005..All staff who sustained injury with HIV were given immediate antiretroviral therapy (AZT 600 mg/day) for six weeks. Subsequent six-month follow-up showed zero seroconversion...
- Interventions to reduce needle stick injuries at a tertiary care centreA Mehta
Department of Microbiology, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim West, Mumbai 400 016, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 28:17-20. 2010..Occupational exposure to blood/body fluids is associated with risk of infection with blood borne pathogens like human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis against second-line drugs using the Bactec MGIT 960 SystemC Rodrigues
Department of Microbiology, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre Tertiary Care Hospital, Mumbai, India
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 12:1449-55. 2008..To establish the critical test concentrations for seven second-line anti-tuberculosis drugs in the Bactec Mycobacterial Growth Indicator Tube (MGIT) 960 TB system and to evaluate its efficacy compared to the Bactec 460 TB system...
- Increasing incidence of fluoroquinolone-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Mumbai, IndiaD Agrawal
Department of Respiratory Medicine, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai, India
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:79-83. 2009..Tertiary referral centre, private hospital, Mumbai, India...
- Standardization of fungal polymerase chain reaction for the early diagnosis of invasive fungal infectionP Deshpande
Department of Research, PD Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai 400 016, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 29:406-10. 2011..However, these tests either lack sensitivity or specificity. There is thus the need for a rapid, specific and accurate diagnostic method...
- Dedicated decontamination: A necessity to prevent cross contamination in high throughput mycobacteriology laboratoriesC Rodrigues
Hinduja Hospital and MRC, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:4-6. 2007..In March 2001, we investigated a pseudo-outbreak of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in three smear negative clinical specimens and would like to present our experience in this communication...
- Enteric fever in Mumbai--clinical profile, sensitivity patterns and response to antimicrobialsS Jog
Dept of Infectious Diseases, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai 400016, India
J Assoc Physicians India 56:237-40. 2008..Our main aim was to study the clinical profile, haematological features of culture proven typhoid cases, the antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of the isolates and the time to defervescence with the treatment received...
- Device-associated nosocomial infection rates in intensive care units of seven Indian cities. Findings of the International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC)A Mehta
PD Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai, India
J Hosp Infect 67:168-74. 2007..HCAI rates, LOS, mortality and bacterial resistance were high. Infection control programmes including surveillance and antibiotic policies are a priority in India...
- Assessment of the genetic diversity of Xylella fastidiosa isolated from citrus in Brazil by PCR-RFLP of the 16S rDNA and 16S-23S intergenic spacer and rep-PCR fingerprintingA Mehta
, Universidade Estadual de Campinas--UNICAMP, SP Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 79:53-9. 2001..Distinct origins of X. fastidiosa in the Southern and Southeastern States is postulated. The pear isolate was distantly related to all of the other X. fastidiosa strains...
- Ciprofloxacin breakpoints in enteric fever--time to revise our susceptibility criteriaC Rodrigues
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:91. 2008
- Genotype and phenotype in Fabry disease: analysis of the Fabry Outcome SurveyE Schaefer
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:87-92; discussion 79. 2005..The FOS database contains detailed medical information on a large cohort of patients and thus has the potential to provide important information to address this question...
- Fabry disease defined: baseline clinical manifestations of 366 patients in the Fabry Outcome SurveyA Mehta
University College London, London, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 34:236-42. 2004..This paper presents the first analysis of the FOS database and provides essential baseline data against which the effects of enzyme replacement can be measured...
- Trends in caesarean section rates at a maternity hospital in Mumbai, IndiaA Mehta
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Bombay, India
J Health Popul Nutr 19:306-12. 2001....
- Phylogenetic relationships of Xylella fastidiosa strains from different hosts, based on 16S rDNA and 16S-23S intergenic spacer sequencesA Mehta
, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, , SP, Brazil
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:311-8. 2001..These results show that this strain does not belong to the Xylella fastidiosa genomic species...