M K Sudarshan
- A community survey of dog bites, anti-rabies treatment, rabies and dog population management in Bangalore cityM K Sudarshan
Deptt. of Community Medicine and Anti-Rabies Clinic, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore-560 004, India
J Commun Dis 33:245-51. 2001..4% coverage) and is recommended for acceleration and improvement. Similarly modern anti-rabies immunization, including anti-rabic serum, shall replace the outdated sample (sheep brain) vaccine...
- Assessing the burden of human rabies in India: results of a national multi-center epidemiological surveyM K Sudarshan
Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore 560004, India
Int J Infect Dis 11:29-35. 2007..The main objectives of the present study were to estimate the annual incidence of human rabies in India based on a community survey and to describe its salient epidemiological features...
- Assessing the safety of post-exposure rabies immunization in pregnancyM K Sudarshan
Anti rabies Clinic and Rabies Epidemiology Unit, Department of Community Medicine, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India
Hum Vaccin 3:87-9. 2007..None of the pregnant women reported any adverse events to either vaccine or equine rabies immunoglobulin. All had safe vaginal deliveries and in all cases both the mother and the child were found to be healthy and normal...
- Evaluation of a new premedication protocol for administration of equine rabies immunoglobulin in patients with hypersensitivityM K Sudarshan
Principal and Professor of Community Medicine, Community Medicine, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
Indian J Public Health 51:91-6. 2007..The present study was undertaken to standardize skin testing and to develop a safe and effective premedication protocol for administration of ERIG in those with skin test positivity/hypersensitivity...
- Assessing the relationship between antigenicity and immunogenicity of human rabies vaccines. Results of a meta-analysisM K Sudarshan
Department of Community Medicine and Rabies Epidemiology Unit, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India
Hum Vaccin 1:187-90. 2005..80, p > 0.43, GMR = 1.15, 95% CI of GMR = 0.74, 1.14). However, as there are no reports of meta-analysis of cell culture human rabies vaccine trials, to confirm this observation the authors recommend further studies in this regard...
- Boosting effect of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine using the intradermal route in persons previously immunized by the intramuscular route or vice versaM K Sudarshan
Department of Community Medicine, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, K R Road, V V Puram, Bangalore 560004, Karnataka, India
Natl Med J India 19:192-4. 2006..As the intradermal route of vaccination is likely to be introduced in the future, we investigated the immune response to a cell culture rabies vaccine after crossing over from the intramuscular to the intradermal route and vice versa...
- An assessment of rabies free status of the Island of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep: results of the WHO sponsored national multicentric rabies surveyM K Sudarshan
WHO APCRI, National Multicentric Rabies Survey
Indian J Public Health 50:11-4. 2006..The Lakshadweep islands, which are free of dogs, however, faced a threat from the lack of vigil on the entry and presence of cats and poor surveillance for rabies in them...
- An immunogenicity, safety and post-marketing surveillance of a novel adsorbed human diploid cell rabies vaccine (Rabivax) in Indian subjectsM K Sudarshan
Department of Community Medicine and Rabies, Epidemiology Unit, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India
Hum Vaccin 4:275-9. 2008..4%), swelling with induration (2.8%), fever and headache (1.4%). No serious adverse event was reported from the studies. In conclusion, Rabivax (adsorbed) is an immunogenic, safe and efficacious vaccine for rabies prophylaxis in humans...
- Introducing intradermal rabies vaccination in India: paradigm shift for the betterM K Sudarshan
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India
Indian J Public Health 50:209-12. 2006
- The changing scenario of rabies in India: are we moving towards its prevention and control?M K Sudarshan
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore 560 004
Indian J Public Health 51:145-7. 2007
- Is the skin sensitivity test required for administering equine rabies immunoglobulin?M K Sudarshan
Anti Rabies Clinic, Department of Community Medicine, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital and Research Centre, V V Puram, Bengaluru 560004, Karnataka, India
Natl Med J India 24:80-2. 2011..In this conflicting situation, we assessed the use of the skin sensitivity test in predicting adverse events to ERIG...
- A survey of hospitals managing human rabies cases in IndiaM K Sudarshan
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Rabies in Asia Foundation, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Indian J Public Health 54:40-1. 2010..It is recommended to encourage hospitalization of human rabies cases to ensure a 'painless and dignified death' and this must be considered as a 'human rights' issue...
- An epidemiological study of animal bites in India: results of a WHO sponsored national multi-centric rabies surveyM K Sudarshan
Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India APCRI
J Commun Dis 38:32-9. 2006..The people also reported the presence (83%) and menace (22.8%) of stray dogs. It is recommended to initiate appropriate community awareness and dog vaccination campaigns and effective stray dog control measures...