S K Singh
- A profile of HIV infection / AIDS related knowledge among female students of Kanpur district, IndiaS K Singh
Department of Community Medicine, COMS, Bharatpur, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 5:27-31. 2007..In the absence of effective cure to this disease, it can be very easily prevented by IEC activities regarding behavioural changes...
- Measurement of perfusion pressure of perforators and its correlation with their internal diameterV Bhattacharya
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, U P, India
Br J Plast Surg 58:759-64. 2005
- Piscicidal activity of leaf and bark extract of Thevetia peruviana plant and their biochemical stress response on fish metabolismS K Singh
Department of Zoology, D D U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 14:915-23. 2010..The leaf and bark of Thevetia peruviana (Family: Apocynaceae) plant was administered for 24 h to the freshwater fish Catla catla (Hamilton) to evaluate their piscicidal activity in laboratory and cemented pond condition...
- Prevalence and determinants of hypertension in the urban and rural population of a north Indian districtTanu Midha
Department of Community Medicine, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India
East Afr J Public Health 6:268-73. 2009..In this study we have tried to study the prevalence of hypertension in a north Indian population based on the recently formulated criteria of the JNC-7 and to identify the determinants of hypertension...
- Bilateral renal and jejunal metastasis of choriocarcinoma presenting as spontaneous renal hemorrhageA Lal
Department of Radio Diagnosis, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, 160012 Chandigarh, India
Cancer Imaging 9:56-8. 2009..However, the patient acquired nosocomial pneumonia and succumbed to sepsis in the postoperative period...
- Development of an algorithm for evaluating personal doses due to photon fields in terms of operational quantities for TLD badge system in IndiaS M Pradhan
Radiological Physics and Advisory Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre BARC, Mumbai 400 085, India
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 136:176-84. 2009..The paper concludes with the results of test of algorithm by evaluation of badges used in the IAEA/RCA intercomparison studies and discussion on inherent limitations...
- Identification of PDC-109-like protein(s) in buffalo seminal plasmaHiron M Harshan
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Uttar Pradesh 243122, India
Anim Reprod Sci 115:306-11. 2009..A distinct immunoreactive band well below the 20-kDa regions indicated the presence of PDC-109-like protein(s) in buffalo seminal plasma...
- Reversible antifertility effect of aqueous leaf extract of Allamanda cathartica L. in male laboratory miceA Singh
Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Andrologia 40:337-45. 2008..Our results thus suggest that A. cathartica treatment causes reversible suppression of fertility in male mice, without causing detectable toxic effects...
- Disseminated cryptococcosis in an AIDS patient with unusual clinical presentationSomansu Basu
Department of Microbiology, Sur Hospital, Ministry of Health, Oman
Rev Iberoam Micol 25:179-81. 2008..This is the first case report of disseminated cryptococcosis in an AIDS patient suffering from cryptoccoccal vaginitis...
- Novel bioactive constituents from Enhydra fluctuans LOURR N Yadava
Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Dr HS Gour University, Sagar MP, India
Nat Prod Res 21:481-6. 2007..Its structure A was elucidated by various spectral analysis and chemical degradations. This compound exhibited microbial activity against various bacteria and fungi...
- Biotechnological advances in mango (Mangifera indica L.) and their future implication in crop improvement: a reviewHare Krishna
Division of Fruits and Horticultural Technology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India
Biotechnol Adv 25:223-43. 2007..The purpose of this review is to focus upon contemporary information on biotechnological advances made in mango. It also describes some ways of overcoming the problems encountered during in vitro propagation of mango...
- Synthesis and characterization of guar gum templated hybrid nano silicaV Singh
Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
Int J Biol Macromol 49:233-40. 2011..Being thermally very stable and photoluminescent, the material can be potentially used for many biological, medical and environmental applications...