- Effect of Valsalva maneuver on pulse wave velocityK Singh
Department of Physiology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Health Sciences Rohtak, Rohtak
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 54:164-8. 2010..001) in phase II rather than phase IV from baseline with insignificant variation in aorta to radial (AO-Rad) arterial segment, demonstrate different response of arterial segments to VM...
- Self-inflicted macro urethro-cutaneous fistulaR B Singh
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, PtBD Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Asian J Surg 32:177-9. 2009....
- Chronic jejuno-uterine fistula: an unusual cause for recurrent second trimester abortionsRaghubir B Singh
Department of Plastic Surgery, Pt B D Sharma PGMIS, Haryana, India
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45:533-4. 2005
- Taenia-induced ileal perforationR B Singh
Department of Surgery, 9J 15 Medical Campus, PGIMS, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Trop Doct 35:243. 2005..An unusual case of taenia-induced ileal perforation is reported and the management is discussed...
- Adipo-fascio-cutaneous flaps in the treatment of pilonidal sinus: experience with 50 casesRaghubir Singh
Department of General Surgery, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Asian J Surg 28:198-201. 2005..To retrospectively analyse the results of pilonidal sinus managed using wide excision with primary eccentric closure with various adipo-fascio-cutaneous flaps...
- Technical aspects in the management of complex vesicovaginal fistulaeR B Singh
Department of General Surgery, Pt B D Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Trop Doct 35:40-1. 2005..Thirteen complex vesicovaginal fistulae were successfully closed by a technique of wide separation and water-tight closure of vagina from the urinary bladder and augmentation of the repair with a pedicled omental interposition flap...
- Elastic and Velcro dressing for penisR B Singh
9 J 15 Medical Campus, PGIMS, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:389-90. 2004..A simple, quick, painless, and versatile dressing that fulfills most of the criteria of an ideal hypospadias dressing is described...
- Tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the closure of massive disruption of the neourethral tube (macro urethrocutaneous fistulae)R B Singh
9 J 15, Medical Campus, PGIMS, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:464-6. 2004..The use of a tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the successful closure of 14 macro urethrocutaneous fistulae (2-4 cm long) is described...
- A new technique for correction of disproportionate preputial growth with phimosisR B Singh
Department of General Surgery, Pt B D Sharma PGIMS, Medical Campus, 9 J 15, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:799-800. 2004..A new surgical solution to correct the rare anomaly of asymmetric phimosis is described, with a note on its symptomatology and etiopathogenesis...
- Lessons learnt from Snodgrass tip urethroplasty: a study of 75 casesR B Singh
Department of General Surgery, 9 J 15 Medical campus Pt B D Sharma PGIMS, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:204-6. 2004..Snodgrass tubularized incised plate urethroplasty and 2 modifications were evaluated in 75 hypospadiacs (distal and midpenile)...
- Drainage of deep-seated amoebic liver abscess by Supra cathR B Singh
Department of Surgery, Pt BD Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Trop Doct 33:247-8. 2003..Supra cath is an effective alternative to trocar for drainage of deep-seated liver abscess especially in obese or muscular patients with a thick parietal wall...
- Leucocyte counts in anaemiaK Singh
Department of Physiology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences PGIMS, University of Health Sciences Rohtak UHSR, Rohtak 124 001
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 54:85-8. 2010..Increased N/L ratio (P < 0.001) and decreased platelet counts (P < 0.05) was observed in cases of anaemia compared to controls. Leucocytes are altered in cases of anaemia...
- Partially de-epithelialized preputial flap (triangular soft tissue flap): an aid to prevent coronal urethrocutaneous fistulaeR B Singh
Department of Surgery, Pt B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 19:551-3. 2003..None had complications at 1-year of follow-up...
- Morphological, pathological and molecular variability in Botryodiplodia theobromae (Botryosphaeriaceae) isolates associated with die-back and bark canker of pear trees in Punjab, IndiaM D Shah
Division of Plant Pathology, Sher e Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir, Shalimar, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Genet Mol Res 9:1217-28. 2010..The isolates from cultivars Punjab Beauty, LeConte and Kieffer also had a high degree of similarity. Isolates from cultivar Smith were different from other pear isolates but showed more similarity with mango isolates...
- Genetic screening in couples experiencing recurrent assisted procreation failureRima Dada
Laboratory of Molecular Reproduction and Genetics, Department of Anatomy, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 110029, India
Indian J Biochem Biophys 45:116-20. 2008..Since a large number (18.2%) cases harboured genetic abnormalities, it is important for all couples opting for ART to undergo a thorough genetic analysis to prevent recurrent emotional, physical and financial stress...
- Hepatoprotective activity of Woodfordia fruticosa Kurz flowers against carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicityB K Chandan
Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu Tawi 180016, J and K, India
J Ethnopharmacol 119:218-24. 2008..Dried flowers of Woodfordia fruticosa Kurz. Family Lythraceae are used in variety of diseases in traditional Indian system of medicine including hepatic ailments...
- Efficacy of application of vegetable seed oils as grain protectant against infestation by Callosobruchus chinensis and its effect on milling fractions and apparent degree of dehusking of legume-pulsesDheeraj Mishra
Department of Biochemical Engineering and Food Technology, Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur, India
J Oleo Sci 56:1-7. 2006..0 to 72.59, 59.88 to 92.44, 63.39 to 87.50 and 57.0 to 79.43 for Pigeonpea (Canjanus cajan), Chickpea (Cicer arietinum), Urdbean (Phaseolus mungo) and Mungbean (Phaseolus radiatus), respectively...
- First case of cryptococcosis in a new species of bandicoot (Bandicota indica) caused by Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubiiS M Singh
Medical Mycology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, India
Med Mycol 45:89-93. 2007..neoformans var. grubii. We hypothesize that the bandicoots may potentially act as sentinel animals for environmental human pathogenic Cryptococcus species...
- Chordoma: 6 years' experience at a tertiary centreP P Agrawal
Department of Radiation Oncology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Australas Radiol 50:201-5. 2006..In this report, these cases are discussed and the published works have been reviewed for the optimal management of patients with chordoma...
- Comparison of some trace elements concentration in blood, tumor free breast and tumor tissues of women with benign and malignant breast lesions: an Indian studyM K J Siddiqui
Analytical Toxicology, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre P O Box 80, M G Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Environ Int 32:630-7. 2006..Further, modulation of trace elements level in both benign and malignant breast diseases patients may be of potential to be used as diagnostic marker of the disease process and its possible relationship etiologically...
- Plastic reconstruction of a mega vesicovaginal fistula using broad ligament flaps--a new techniqueR B Singh
9J 15, Medical Campus, PGIMS, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:62-3. 2003..Anew technique is described where medially based flaps raised from anterior folds of broad ligament were used to close a mega vesicovaginal fistula in a 35-year-old woman, with a successful outcome...
- Glove-finger dressing in paediatric hypospadiasR B Singh
Department of General Surgery, Pt B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 18:218-9. 2002..Dressing post-operative hypospadias using a glove finger is technically easy to apply, inspect, and remove; gives uniform compression; is cheap and easily available; prevents contamination; and does not slip like ordinary dressings...
- Effect of treatment on myocardial performance index (MPI) in chronic severe anaemiaK Singh
Department of Physiology, Pt B D Sharma, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Science, Rohtak
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 51:86-90. 2007..001), ICT increases (P<0.01) without any change in IVRT. Our findings indicate that performance of myocardium is improved after treatment. So treatment should be instituted as early as possible...
- Intraperitoneal rupture of cysticercosal cyst mimicking appendicular perforationR B Singh
Department of General Surgery Pt BD Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Trop Doct 36:180-1. 2006..A case of pelvic cysicercosis presenting with signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and peritonitis is reported, with plausible explanations for this unusual presentation...
- Extra-hepatic biliary-ductal necrosis following acute pancreatitis: 10 years of follow-upSanjay Marwah
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 25:301-3. 2009..This rare case highlights that extra-hepatic biliary-ductal necrosis is very unusual complication of acute pancreatitis; and it can be successfully managed by Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy as evident from long-term follow-up...
- Recurrent tubercular gluteal sinuses: 12 casesR B Singh
Department of General Surgery, Pt B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences PGIMS, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Trop Doct 33:241-2. 2003