- A Novel Tetraenoic Fatty Acid Isolated from Amaranthus spinosus Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis of Human Liver Cancer CellsArijit Mondal
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Durgapur 713 212, West Bengal, India
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..These encouraging results may facilitate the development of A. spinosus fatty acid for the prevention and intervention of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Evaluation of Hepatoprotective Effect of Leaves of Cassia sophera LinnArijit Mondal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Jadavpur, West Bengal, Kolkata 700 032, India
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:436139. 2012..This study suggests that possible activity may be due to the presence of flavonoids in the extracts...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of O-methylated flavonol 2-(3,4-dihydroxy-phenyl)-3,5-dihydroxy-7-methoxy-chromen-4-one obtained from Cassia sophera Linn in ratsArijit Mondal
Drug Development Diagnostics and Biotechnology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata 700 032, India
J Ethnopharmacol 147:525-9. 2013..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the scientific basis of anti-inflammatory activity of Cassia sophera ethanol extracts and of an isolated constituent of Cassia sophera...
- Hypoglycaemic effect of Melothria heterophylla in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsArijit Mondal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Pharm Biol 50:1151-6. 2012..In the Indian traditional system of medicine, Melothria heterophylla (Lour.) Cogn., (Cucurbitaceae) is prescribed for the treatment of diabetes mellitus...
- Isolation and in vivo hepatoprotective activity of Melothria heterophylla (Lour.) Cogn. against chemically induced liver injuries in ratsArijit Mondal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Asian Pac J Trop Med 4:619-23. 2011..To investigate hepatoprotective activity of ethanol extract of Melothria heterophylla Lour Cogn. (EEMH) against CCl(4)-induced hepatic damage in rats...
- Antidiabetic effect of Streblus asper in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsSanjay Kumar Karan
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jharpokharia, Odisha, India
Pharm Biol 51:369-75. 2013..In the Indian traditional system of medicine, Streblus asper Lour (Moraceae) is prescribed for the treatment of diabetes mellitus...
- Flavonoids of Enhydra fluctuans exhibit anticancer activity against Ehrlich's ascites carcinoma in miceSantanu Sannigrahi
NSHM College of Pharmaceutical Technology, 124 B L Saha Road, Kolkata 700053, West Bengal, India
Nat Prod Commun 5:1239-42. 2010..All the hematological parameters, malonaldehyde content and antioxidant enzyme activity were restored towards the normal level. FEF was found to be cytotoxic in the in-vitro model...
- A new ester of fatty acid from a methanol extract of the whole plant of Amaranthus spinosus and its α-glucosidase inhibitory activityArijit Mondal
Drug Development Diagnostics and Biotechnology Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, West Bengal, India and
Pharm Biol 53:600-4. 2015..Amaranthus spinosus Linn. (Amaranthaceae), commonly known as "spiny pigweed", is used both in the Indian traditional system and in folk medicine to treat diabetes...
- Antibacterial activity of a novel fatty acid (14E, 18E, 22E, 26E)-methyl nonacosa-14, 18, 22, 26 tetraenoate isolated from Amaranthus spinosusArijit Mondal
a Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Durgapur, West Bengal, India
Pharm Biol 54:2364-7. 2016..A novel fatty acid [(14E, 18E, 22E, 26E)-methyl nonacosa-14, 18, 22, 26 tetraenoate] is the major metabolite present...
- Evaluation of in vitro antioxidant, anticancer and in vivo antitumour activity of Termitomyces clypeatus MTCC 5091Arijit Mondal
a CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Drug Development Diagnostics and Biotechnology Division, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Pharm Biol 54:2536-2546. 2016..Termitomyces clypeatus (Lyophyllaceae) is a filamentous edible mushroom, having ethnomedicinal uses. However, information about the antioxidant, anticancer and antitumour properties of this mushroom remains to be elucidated...