- CSF Glucose Concentrations in Infants with Febrile Convulsions and the Possible Effect of AcetaminophenMahmoud Mohammadi
Children s Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Indian Pediatr 40:1183-6. 2003..076) in those who had taken acetaminophen than those who had not taken. Type of febrile seizure, fever, convulsion duration and multiplicity were not significantly correlated with CSF glucose concentration...
- Association of Interleukin-1 Gene Cluster and Interleukin-1 Receptor Polymorphisms With Febrile SeizuresSamaneh Soltani
Molecular Immunology Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Child Neurol 31:673-7. 2016..001). Certain alleles and genotypes in the IL-1 gene were overrepresented in patients with febrile seizures, which possibly could predispose individuals to this disease. ..
- The quality of life in boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophyGholamreza Zamani
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Pediatrics Center of Excellence, Children s Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Neuromuscul Disord 26:423-7. 2016..A happier and more hopeful life can be promoted through increasing social support and improving the parental knowledge regarding their child's more positive life perspective. ..
- The efficacy of the ketogenic diet in infants and young children with refractory epilepsies using a formula-based powderMahmoud Reza Ashrafi
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Growth and Development Research Center, Children s Medical Centre, Paediatrics Centre of Excellence, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Acta Neurol Belg . 2016....
- The effects of classic ketogenic diet on serum lipid profile in children with refractory seizuresGholam Reza Zamani
Paediatrics Centre of Excellence, Department of Paediatric Neurology, Children s Medical Centre, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Acta Neurol Belg 116:529-534. 2016..001). Results of this study indicate that a classic ketogenic diet in children with refractory seizures is effective in seizure reduction, but leads to development of hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia...
- Association of IL4 single-nucleotide polymorphisms with febrile seizuresAmeneh Zare-Shahabadi
Research Center for Immunodeficiencies, Pediatrics Center of Excellence, Children s Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Child Neurol 30:423-8. 2015..Certain alleles, genotypes, and haplotypes in the IL4 gene were overrepresented in Iranian patients with febrile seizure, which could predispose individuals to this disease, and further investigations in other ethnicities are required. ..
- Pelizaeus-merzbacher disease: the first genetically approved case report from iranMahmoud Reza Ashrafi
Department of Pediatrics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Division of Pediatric Neurology, Pediatrics Center of Excellence, Children s Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Pediatr 21:395-8. 2011..This disease is characterized by abnormal eye movements, very slow motor development and involuntary movements. The causative gene is PLP1...
- Intragenic DNA polymorphism analysis of DMD/BMD dystrophy gene for carrier and prenatal diagnosis in 60 Iranian healthy individualsMahdi Zamani
Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Neurosci 121:551-6. 2011..17%. We also found that STR49 had the highest heterozygosity among four polymorphic microsatellites. These findings are useful in linkage analysis of Iranian DMD families in both carrier detection and prenatal diagnosis...
- Severe cutaneous reactions caused by barbiturates in seven Iranian childrenSetareh Mamishi
Department of Infectious Diseases, Immunology, Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Children Medical Center, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Int J Dermatol 48:1254-61. 2009..In this article, we present seven children with severe adverse cutaneous reactions caused by barbiturates...
- Melatonin versus chloral hydrate for recording sleep EEGMahmoud Reza Ashrafi
Center of Excellence for Pediatrics, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Children s Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 14:235-8. 2010..Furthermore higher yield of seizure activity detection in melatonin sedated patients was in favor of its prescription for sleep EEG recording in the pediatric population...
- Peripheral leukocytosis in children with febrile seizuresMohammad R Mohebbi
Students Scientific Research Center, Bahrami Children s Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Child Neurol 19:47-50. 2004..By all indications, changes in leukocyte counts appear more likely to be related to the length and underlying etiology of the fever than to the seizure itself...