- A study on intranatal care practices in a district of West BengalS DasGupta
Department of Community Medicine, N R S Medical College, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 50:15-8. 2006..High proportion of deliveries assisted by untrained persons and high magnitude of faulty intranatal care practices observed in the study require urgent and appropriate intervention...
- Routine primary immunization: status in two district of West BengalS DasGupta
N R S Medical College, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 49:223-6. 2005..Urgent intervention should be undertaken to address the large number of non-immunized children as well as high proportion of drop-outs...
- Evaluation of water productivity and fish yield in sewage-fed vis-à-vis fertilized based carp cultureS DasGupta
Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Kausalyganga, Bhubaneswar 751 002, India
Bioresour Technol 99:3499-506. 2008..3 x 10(5)lha(-1) yielded similar gross fish production as recorded from fertilizer based system, whereas net water productivity using sewage as nutrient source was found 64% higher than that of a fertilizer based system...
- Coverage of Maternal Care Services in the state of West BengalR N Sinha
Department of Community Medicine, NRS Medical College, Kolkata, 700014
Indian J Public Health 45:116-21. 2001..Deliveries conducted by untrained personnel were 60.8% in high risk areas, 38.1% in State clusters and between 14.2% to 29.4% in the three urban areas. Vast majority of mothers (78.8% to 88.4%) received no post-natal check-up...
- Nutritional profiles of adolescents in a rural community of Hooghly district in West BengalP Das
Department of Community Medicine, N R S Medical College, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 51:120-1. 2007..25%), conjunctival xerosis (9.30%), Vitamin B complex deficiency (1.47%), goitre (0.98%) and dental caries (11.76%). An indication of chronic energy deficiency in the study area was observed...
- An epidemiological study of injury in mines: implications for safety promotionP S Paul
Department of Mining and Geology, B E College DU, Howrah 711103, West Bengal, India
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 12:157-65. 2005..Identification and elimination/reduction of negative attitudes are of utmost importance...
- Performance of TX-100 and TX-114 for the separation of chrysoidine dye using cloud point extractionM K Purkait
Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, India
J Hazard Mater 137:827-35. 2006..A method is presented to calculate the feed surfactant concentration required for the removal of dyes up to a level of 3.82x10(-6) M. The developed correlations may be useful to design a cloud point extractor of a desired efficiency...
- Removal of dye from aqueous solution using a combination of advanced oxidation process and nanofiltrationP Banerjee
Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, India
J Hazard Mater 140:95-103. 2007..91m/s. In Scheme-3, the suitable operating conditions for NF in both the steps are 828kPa transmembrane pressure and 0.91m/s crossflow velocity. Scheme-2 is found to be unsuitable...
- Intrapartum transcervical amnioinfusion for meconium-stained amniotic fluidA K Das
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, B S Medical College, Bankura, West Bengal, India
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 97:182-6. 2007....
- Levels of common antigens in determining pathogenicity of Curvularia eragrostidis in different tea varietiesS DasGupta
Mycology and Plant Pathology Laboratory, Department of Botany, University of North Bengal, Siliguri, India
J Appl Microbiol 98:1084-92. 2005..Pathogenicity of Curvularia eragrostidis, a foliar fungal pathogen of tea was studied in 24 commercially cultivated tea varieties by analysing the antigenic patterns of host and pathogen with the help of immunoserological techniques...
- Missed opportunities for immunization: study in three medical teaching institutionsS DasGupta
NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 48:96-8. 2004
- An evaluation of routine immunization coverage in some districts of West Bengal and AssamS K Ray
Indian J Public Health 48:82-7. 2004..Vaccination was given mainly through government hospitals in Kolkata while it was administered mainly through subcentres in the other rural districts...
- Association of deletion in the chromosomal 8p21.3-23 region with the development of invasive head & neck squamous cell carcinoma in Indian patientsN Bhattacharya
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India
Indian J Med Res 118:77-85. 2003..8 associated with the development of HNSCC in Indian patients and to study the association of clinicopathological features with the progression of the disease...
- Sequential deletions in both arms of chromosome 9 are associated with the development of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in Indian patientsA Tripathi
Dept of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Calcutta, India
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:289-97. 2003..There is a correlation between HPV infection with TNM stages, histopathological grades and LOHs at D1 and D4 regions. Whereas tobacco habit is associated with the occurrence of LOHs at D1 and LOHs / MAs at D2 region...
- An overview of multicentric training workshops for public health professionals on reproductive and child health programme in IndiaR Biswas
Dept of Preventive and Social Medicine, AIIH and PH, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 46:78-85. 2002..The group variants of pre and post score of results was considered to be due to heterogeneous groups of participants. Review of objectivity and quality of the questionnaire were felt as necessary...
- Declining trend in routine UIP coverageS DasGupta
Department of Community Medicine, NRS Medical College, Calcutta
Indian J Public Health 45:20-3. 2001..There is urgent need for further probing to identify the reasons for such poor state of affairs, keeping PPI angle in mind and to initiate remedial measure urgently...
- Mapping of the candidate tumor suppressor genes' loci on human chromosome 3 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of an Indian patient populationS DasGupta
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Calcutta 700026, India
Oral Oncol 38:6-15. 2002..Also, we propose from our data that the high LOHs regions (3p12-13 and 3p21.2-22) could harbour putative TSG(s), responsible for the development of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Insulin alone can lead to a withdrawal of meiotic arrest in the carp oocyteS DasGupta
Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar 751 002, India
J Biosci 26:341-7. 2001..This information will be important in hormonal manipulation during induced breeding of carp...
- Microsatellite instability in squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck from the Indian patient populationS Chakrabarti
Department of Human Genetics, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta, India
Int J Cancer 92:555-61. 2001..These results suggest that the underlying mechanism generating this type of instability is different from those reported for colorectal tumors...