Affiliation: Christian Medical College
- Pre-admission antibiotics for suspected cases of meningococcal diseaseT Sudarsanam
Christian Medical College, Medicine Unit 2, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India, 632 004
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2008..Meningococcal disease begins suddenly and death can follow within hours. Pre-admission antibiotic therapy aims to prevent delay in starting therapy that occurs if bacterial confirmation is sought before instituting therapy...
- Detecting mycobacteraemia for diagnosing tuberculosisS Thambu David
Department of Medicine Unit 2, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India
Indian J Med Res 119:259-66. 2004..This study evaluated whether blood culture for Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteraemia (mycobacteraemia) help in diagnosing TB in such cases...
- Predictors of mortality in mechanically ventilated patientsT D Sudarsanam
Department of Medicine 2, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632004, Tamilnadu, India
Postgrad Med J 81:780-3. 2005....
- Leflunomide: a possible alternative for gangciclovir sensitive and resistant cytomegalovirus infectionsT D Sudarsanam
Department of Medicine, CMC, Vellore, India
Postgrad Med J 82:313-4. 2006..However, hepatotoxicity and teratogenicity are known side effects. The exact dose and duration of treatment for CMV infection, for secondary prophylaxis, and in situations of gangciclovir resistance need further study...
- Postmortem trucut transnasal brain biopsy in the diagnosis of encephalitisThambu David Sudarsanam
Department of Medicine, The Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Trop Doct 38:163-5. 2008..This could also prove to be of immense benefit in an epidemic of encephalitis, especially in remote areas...
- Pilot randomized trial of nutritional supplementation in patients with tuberculosis and HIV-tuberculosis coinfection receiving directly observed short-course chemotherapy for tuberculosisT D Sudarsanam
Department of Medicine, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Trop Med Int Health 16:699-706. 2011..To investigate the effects of nutritional supplementation on the outcome and nutritional status of south Indian patients with tuberculosis (TB) with and without human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) coinfection on anti-tuberculous therapy...
- Nasopharyngeal swabs of school children, useful in rapid assessment of community antimicrobial resistance patterns in Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzaeM K Lalitha
J Clin Epidemiol 66:44-51. 2013..No one has done such surveillance since our study so we decided to publish and more clearly demonstrate the feasibility of the methodology we did...