- Pharmacokinetics prediction and drugability assessment of diphenylheptanoids from turmeric (Curcuma longa L)S Balaji
Indian Institute of Spices Research, Calicut 673 012, Kerala, India
Med Chem 5:130-8. 2009..The results of these studies indicate that, in contrast to curcumin, few other compounds in turmeric such as compounds (8) and (9) [refer text], exhibit better activities and are drugable and do not have any side-effects...
- Toxicity prediction of compounds from turmeric (Curcuma longa L)S Balaji
Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Manipal 576 104, India
Food Chem Toxicol 48:2951-9. 2010..Hence, the cost-effective approach presented in this paper could be used to filter toxic compounds from the drug discovery lifecycle...
- PIR pairwise alignment - a slip up for signal peptidesSeetharaaman Balaji
Bioinformatics Centre, Indian Institute of Spices Research
Bioinformation 1:188-93. 2006..This communication discusses the shortcomings in the PIR pairwise alignment tool and calls for a cautious approach while using it for signal peptides...
- Paradigm development: comparative and predictive 3D modeling of HIV-1 Virion Infectivity Factor (Vif)Seetharaaman Balaji
Bioinformatics, School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, India
Bioinformation 1:290-309. 2006..Here, we present the results of the comparative modeling strategy we used to predict the 3D structure of Vif...
- JUZBOX: A web server for extracting biomedical words from the protein sequencePaul Bobby
Indian Institute of Spices Research, Calicut, Kerala, India
Bioinformation 4:179-81. 2009..Undoubtedly, the generation of biomedical words from protein sequence using JUZBOX have applications specific for functional annotation. AVAILABILITY: JUZBOX is available freely at http://www.spices.res.in/juzbox...