Affiliation: INAIL Sovrintendenza Medica Generale
- Occupational exposure to styrene in the fibreglass reinforced plastic industry: comparison between two different manufacturing processesGiovanna Tranfo
INAIL Settore Ricerca Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Monteporzio Catone RM, Italy
Med Lav 103:402-12. 2012..There are two main molding processes, open and closed, the last more effective at controlling worker's styrene exposure...
- Urinary metabolite concentrations of phthalate metabolites in Central Italy healthy volunteers determined by a validated HPLC/MS/MS analytical methodGiovanna Tranfo
INAIL Research, Certification, Verification Area, Department of Occupational Medicine, Research Center of Monteporzio Catone, Via di Fontana Candida 1, 00040 Rome, Italy
Int J Hyg Environ Health 216:481-5. 2013..Information from different geographical areas are important to understand the real different background concentrations...
- [Methodological aspects in environmental and biological monitoring of exposure to low doses of benzene: problems and possible solutions]Giovanna Tranfo
INAIL Ricerca, Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Monteporzio Catone RM, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 35:256-8. 2013..The urinary benzene is an index not officially included in the list of the ACGIH BEIs, but it is useful to assess exposure and benzene at low concentrations, that most frequently are found today in the occupational and life environments...
- Low occupational exposure to benzene in a petrochemical plant: modulating effect of genetic polymorphisms and smoking habit on the urinary t,t-MA/SPMA ratioAntonella Mansi
INAIL Research, Department of Occupational Hygiene, Via di Fontana Candida 1, 00040 Monteporzio Catone, Rome, Italy
Toxicol Lett 213:57-62. 2012..We suggest that this ratio could be used as a marker of individual susceptibility for subjects with benzene exposure...
- Urinary phthalate monoesters concentration in couples with infertility problemsGiovanna Tranfo
INAIL Research, Department of Occupational Medicine, Via di Fontana Candida 1, 00040 Monteporzio Catone, Rome, Italy
Toxicol Lett 213:15-20. 2012..A further step will be the correlation of these results with information on the life styles and working conditions collected through a specifically designed questionnaire...
- Comparison of hydrolysis and HPLC/MS/MS procedure with ELISA assay for the determination of S-phenylmercapturic acid as a biomarker of benzene exposure in human urineGiovanna Tranfo
Department of Occupational Medicine, Institute for Occupational Prevention and Safety ISPESL, Via di Fontana Candida 1, 00040 Monteporzio Catone, Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:2529-33. 2010..The BEI for S-PMA in end of shift urine samples could be reconsidered when sufficient data are available from studies where the analyses are carried out in comparable conditions of hydrolysis and monitoring only non-smoking subjects...
- Influence of genetic polymorphism on t,t-MA/S-PMA ratio in 301 benzene exposed subjectsDamiano Carbonari
INAIL Research, Department of Occupational Hygiene, Via di Fontana Candida 1, 00040 Monteporzio Catone, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Toxicol Lett 231:205-12. 2014..R showed to be a more sensitive marker for these effects than the metabolite levels. ..
- Validation of a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for β-hydroxy fatty acids as environmental markers of lipopolysaccharideAlessandra Chiominto
INAIL Research, Department of Occupational Hygiene, Via Fontana Candida, 1 00040 Monteporzio Catone RM, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1353:65-70. 2014..The method showed a significant correlation of results with those of LAL-test on four bacterial strains...
- Indoor exposure to airborne endotoxin: a review of the literature on sampling and analysis methodsEmilia Paba
Occupational Hygiene Department, INAIL Research, Italy
Ind Health 51:237-55. 2013..If substantial differences in the proportions of this fraction in different environments are confirmed in the future, the contribution of insoluble endotoxins cannot be neglected. ..
- Biomonitoring for Exposure Assessment to Styrene in the Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic Industry: Determinants and InterferentsRossana Claudia Bonanni
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Epidemiology and Hygiene, INAIL Research, Monte Porzio Catone 00040, Rome, Italy
Ann Occup Hyg 59:1000-11. 2015..A significant linear log-correlation was found between salivary levels of styrene and blood concentration (r = 0.746) sampled at the same t x time...