- Endometrial clear cell carcinoma metastatic to the paranasal sinuses: a case report and review of the literature
Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul 34303, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 94:232-4. 2004
..Paranasal sinus metastasis following endometrial carcinoma is extremely rare and a reflection of disseminated disease...
- Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the breast: is it a distinct entity? Clinicopathological evaluation of two cases and review of the literature
Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast 13:522-6. 2004
..In situ hybridization for Epstein-Barr viral genome was negative in both cases. We discuss the differential diagnosis of LELC of the breast and review the reports of this entity that have appeared in the literature...
- The accuracy of frozen section (intraoperative consultation) in the diagnosis of ovarian masses
Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 97:395-9. 2005
..This retrospective study was undertaken to determine the accuracy of frozen section diagnosis of ovarian masses and the reasons of discordance...
- The Combination of Preoperative Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography and Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping in the Surgical Management of Endometrioid Endometrial Cancer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine Department of Nuclear Medicine, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okmeydani Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:1228-38. 2016
- Evaluation of Local CYP17A1 and CYP19A1 Expression Levels as Prognostic Factors in Postmenopausal Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer Cases
Mete Bora Tuzuner
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
Biochem Genet 54:784-802. 2016
..Considering the key role of these CYPs in estrogen synthesis, determining their expression levels may be useful as a postdiagnostic marker and for choosing the right treatment method in addition to the conventional approach...
- Female genital system tuberculosis: a retrospective clinicopathological study of 1,548 cases in Turkish women
Ilknur Cetinaslan Türkmen
Pathology Department, Medical Faculty, Istanbul Bilim University, Acibadem Street Hukukçular ve Idareciler Sitesi 142I 23 Kadiköy, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 286:379-84. 2012
..The incidence of tuberculosis (TB) has increased worldwide in the past decade and it still remains an important global public health problem...
- Mammary pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia composed of predominantly giant cells: an unusual variant
Department of Pathology, Yeditepe University Medical Faculty, Kayisdagi, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast J 13:568-70. 2007
..To the best of our knowledge, this is the second case in the English literature and PASH with predominance of multinucleated giant cells has never been described previously in a female patient...
- The role of amifostine on late normal tissue damage induced by pelvic radiotherapy with concomitant gemcitabine: an in vivo study
Fazilet Oner Dincbas
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Fatih, 34303 Istanbul, Turkey
Med Oncol 26:402-8. 2009
..This study demonstrated that amifostine may have a beneficial effect in limiting rectal colitis from the radiosensitizing effect of gemcitabine...
- Synchronous Primary Cancers of the Endometrium and Ovary With the Same Histopathologic Type Versus Endometrial Cancer With Ovarian Metastasis: A Single Institution Review of 72 Cases
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Department of Pathology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:394-406. 2016
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinicopathological characteristics and survival outcomes of women with simultaneous endometrial and ovarian carcinomas having the same histopathologic type...
- Reproducibility of endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia diagnosis is good, but influenced by the diagnostic style of pathologists
Department of Pathology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Mod Pathol 25:877-84. 2012
- Secretory carcinoma of the breast. Case report and review of the literature
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Medical Oncology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oncology 68:263-8. 2005
..She is disease free with a follow-up period of 24 months. Preoperative chemotherapy should be primarily replaced by curative surgery in such indolent cancers, despite locally advanced disease...
- Gray scale and power Doppler US in the preoperative evaluation of axillary metastases in breast cancer patients with no palpable lymph nodes
Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Turkey
Eur Radiol 15:1215-23. 2005
..Inclusion of axillary US in the preoperative diagnostic evaluation would be complimentary to sentinel node biopsy, and also could eliminate the need for it in patients with positive US results, after confirmation with biopsy...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2, c-kit, progesterone and estrogen receptors in uterine smooth muscle tumors: differential diagnosis
Nil Ustündagğ Comunoğlu
Department of Pathology, Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Kayisdagi, Turkey
APMIS 115:726-35. 2007
..LMSs usually do not express COX-2. COX-2 expression in smooth muscle tumors is not a prominent feature. Therefore, COX-2 inhibitors may not be useful in LMS therapy. C-kit was significantly expressed in uterine LMSs...
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor (inflammatory pseudotumor) of the breast
Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
APMIS 113:66-9. 2005
..Here we describe a case of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the breast in a 60-year-old woman. This is only the eleventh case reported in the English language literature. The patient was free of disease 85 months after surgery...
- Receptor expression discrepancy between primary and metastatic breast cancer lesions
Düriye S Karagöz Özen
Department of Internal Medicine, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oncol Res Treat 37:622-6. 2014
..The aim of this study was to determine and compare the estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR), and HER2 expression status in primary breast cancer and metastatic lesions...
- Epidermoid cyst of the cecum: a case report
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:406-9. 2012
..Acquired epidermoid cysts are believed to be traumatic or iatrogenic. The cesarean delivery may have been a cause of this condition in the present case. On ultrasonographic examination, these cysts can be misdiagnosed as ovarian cysts...
- Epidermal inclusion cyst of the breast: clinical, radiologic, and pathologic correlation
Department of Surgery, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast J 10:57. 2004
- Combined effect of CYP1B1 codon 432 polymorphism and N-acetyltransferase 2 slow acetylator phenotypes in relation to breast cancer in the Turkish population
Yasemin K Ozbek
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Experimental Medicine DETAE, Istanbul University, Vakif Gureba Cad Sehremini, Istanbul, Turkey
Anticancer Res 30:2885-9. 2010
..CYP1B1*3 polymorphism and seven missense and four silent polymorphisms of NAT2 were investigated...
- Do 18F-FDG PET/CT findings have a relationship with histopathological and immunohistochemical factors of breast cancer in men?
Department of aNuclear Medicine bSurgery cPathology, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine dNuclear Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 37:1273-1281. 2016
..We aimed to investigate the relationship between histopathological and immunohistochemical features of male breast cancer (MBC) and comprehensive fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose (F-FDG) PET/computed tomography (CT) parameters...
- Preliminary Study: Prominent miRNAs of Breast Malignant Tissues Compared to Normal Tissues in Turkish Patients with Breast Cancer
Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa Medical School, The Institute of Experimental Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Anticancer Res 35:5425-32. 2015
..047 (FE)]. Based on this preliminary study, we suggest that these miRNAs, especially let7a and miRNA21, might be useful markers in follow-up of breast cancer and in prognosis...
- Case report: gastric carcinoma diagnosed at the second trimester of pregnancy
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, 34303 Istanbul, Turkey
Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2011:532854. 2011
..Diagnosis may be further delayed because of overlapping symptoms occurring during normal pregnancy (nausea, vomiting, and fatigue). All these factors may contribute to a very high mortality of this malignancy during pregnancy...
- Non-pustular palmoplantar psoriasis: is histologic differentiation from eczematous dermatitis possible?
Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasxa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 35:169-73. 2008
..However, detection of multiple parakeratotic foci, placed vertically, alternating with orthohyperkeratosis, could be considered in favor of palmoplantar psoriasis...
- The effects of tamoxifen on radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis in Wistar albino rats: results of an experimental study
Nuran Senel Bese
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, and Department of Pathology, GATA Haydarpasa Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast 15:456-60. 2006
..001) and between Group B and Group C (P<0.001). Concomitant use of tamoxifen appears to increase radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis and it seems more convenient to delay tamoxifen until the completion of irradiation...
- Oxidative stress in breast cancer
Institute of Oncology, Istanbul University, Turkey
Med Oncol 22:11-5. 2005
..The results of our study have shown higher oxygen-free-radical production and decreased CAT activity support the oxidative stress hypothesis in breast carcinogenesis...
- Prevalence of endometriosis in malignant epithelial ovary tumours
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 109:97-101. 2003
..To determine the prevalence of ovarian endometriosis in malignant epithelial ovarian tumours...
- Adult type granulosa cell tumor causing precocious pseudopuberty in a 6 year-old girl
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, SSK Goztepe Educational Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:571-3. 2003
..We report a 6 year-old girl presenting with early breast development and vaginal bleeding due to a well encapsulated ovarian tumor. Microscopic features of the resected tumor were characteristic of AGCT...