Genomes and Genes
David O Arnar
Affiliation: Landspitali University Hospital
- [Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and use of warfarin among patients with ischemic stroke.]Petur Petursson
Department of Emergency Medicine, Iceland University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 90:561-5. 2004....
- [Pulmonary vein ablation as a therapy for atrial fibrillation.]Davíð O Arnar
Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 88:401-4. 2002..Recently, this was utilised for the first time on Icelandic patients. These two case reports and a description of the procedure are the focus of this paper...
- [Use of warfarin anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation in Iceland.]Ingibjœrg J Guðmundsdóttir
Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 88:299-303. 2002..Additionally, decreased left ventricular function and an enlarged left atrium increase the risk of emboli...
- [Atrial fibrillation: therapeutic options at the turn of the century.]I J Guðmundsdóttir
Division of Internal Medicine, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 86:841-7. 2000..This paper focuses on advances in the therapy of atrial fibrillation, including new pharmacological agents, radiofrequency ablation and electrical cardioversion...
- [Attitude of the Icelandic population towards performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on strangers in the pre-hospital setting.]D O Arnar
Department of Emergency and Intensive Care, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 87:777-80. 2001..The status of this in Iceland is unknown. The objective of this study was to assess the attitude of Icelanders towards bystander CPR...
- Syncope in patients with structural heart diseaseDavid O Arnar
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Landspitali The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Intern Med 273:336-44. 2013....
- [Cryoablation for cardiac arrhythmias]Davíeth O Arnar
Iceland University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 91:665-8. 2005..This technique is therefore especially beneficial if ablation is planned in the vicinity of the atrioventricular node. This paper describes this new procedure along with the experience with the first cases of cryoablation in Iceland...
- The use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in Iceland: a retrospective population based studyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Malmö University Hospital UMAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 6:22. 2006..The aim of this study was to review the overall experience with ICDs in Iceland...
- A frameshift deletion in the sarcomere gene MYL4 causes early-onset familial atrial fibrillationDaniel F Gudbjartsson
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland School of Engineering and Natural Sciences, University of Iceland, Hjardarhaga 4, 107 Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur Heart J . 2016..It is increasingly recognized as a highly heritable condition. This study aimed to determine genetic risk factors for early-onset AF...
- Do high levels of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes increase the risk of postoperative atrial fibrillation?Lara Bjorgvinsdottir
School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Cardiology 126:107-14. 2013..We investigated the relationship between the plasma concentration of inflammatory mediators, levels of n-3 LC-PUFA in red blood cell (RBC) membrane lipids, and the risk of POAF after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- A rare variant in MYH6 is associated with high risk of sick sinus syndromeHilma Holm
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 43:316-20. 2011..53 and P = 1.5 × 10⁻²⁹. We show that the lifetime risk of being diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome is around 6% for non-carriers of c.2161C>T but is approximately 50% for carriers of the c.2161C>T variant...
- Atrial fibrillation is associated with reduced brain volume and cognitive function independent of cerebral infarctsHrafnhildur Stefansdottir
Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Stroke 44:1020-5. 2013..We aimed to assess the association between AF and brain function and structure in a general elderly population...
- Atrial fibrillation following cardiac surgery: risk analysis and long-term survivalSolveig Helgadottir
Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Cardiothorac Surg 7:87. 2012..We studied potential risk factors for postoperative atrial fibrillation (POAF) in a large cohort of patients who underwent open-heart surgery, evaluating short- and long-term outcome, and we developed a risk-assessment model of POAF...
- Plasma n-3 and n-6 fatty acids and the incidence of atrial fibrillation following coronary artery bypass graft surgeryGudrun V Skuladottir
Department of Physiology, School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur J Clin Invest 41:995-1003. 2011..We examined the association between n-3 LC-PUFA and n-6 LC-PUFA in plasma phospholipids (PL) and POAF in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- Large-scale whole-genome sequencing of the Icelandic populationDaniel F Gudbjartsson
1 deCODE Genetics Amgen, Inc, Reykjavik, Iceland 2 School of Engineering and Natural Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 47:435-44. 2015..These data provide a study design that can be used to determine how variation in the sequence of the human genome gives rise to human diversity. ..
- Trends in the incidence and prevalence of atrial fibrillation in Iceland and future projectionsHrafnhildur Stefansdottir
1Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Centre, Landspitali The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Europace 13:1110-7. 2011..Data are scarce on the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation (AF) in Europe. The aim of this study was to examine recent trends in the incidence and prevalence of AF and project the prevalence to the year 2050...
- Genetics of cardiovascular diseases: lessons learned from a decade of genomics research in IcelandDavid O Arnar
a Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Landspitali The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Scand Cardiovasc J 50:260-265. 2016..The next important step is to begin to transform these findings into practical clinical knowledge with the aim of improving the delivery of cardiovascular health care...
- Fiix-prothrombin time versus standard prothrombin time for monitoring of warfarin anticoagulation: a single centre, double-blind, randomised, non-inferiority trialPall T Onundarson
The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland University of Iceland School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Reykjavik, Iceland Electronic address
Lancet Haematol 2:e231-40. 2015....
- Several common variants modulate heart rate, PR interval and QRS durationHilma Holm
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 42:117-22. 2010..00032, respectively), between TBX5 and advanced atrioventricular block (P = 0.0067), and between SCN10A and pacemaker implantation (P = 0.0029). We also replicated previously described associations with the QT interval...