- Tumor necrosis factor system in insulin resistance in gestational diabetesGábor Winkler
Second Department of Internal Medicine, St John s Hospital, H 1125, Diós Arok 1, Budapest, Hungary
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 56:93-9. 2002..The aim of the study was to investigate the pathophysiological role of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) system in insulin resistance in patients with gestational diabetes (GDM) and during the course of normal pregnancy...
- [Therapy of adult type-2 diabetes mellitus]Gábor Winkler
Fóvárosi Onkormányzat Szent János Kórház, II Belgyógyászati Osztály
Orv Hetil 144:2179-83. 2003
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha protein in the subcutaneous and visceral adipose tissue in correlation with adipocyte cell volume, serum TNF-alpha, soluble serum TNF-receptor-2 concentrations and C-peptide levelGábor Winkler
Department of Internal Medicine II, St John s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Endocrinol 149:129-35. 2003....
- Elevated serum acylated (biologically active) ghrelin and resistin levels associate with pregnancy-induced weight gain and insulin resistanceEva Palik
3rd Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, H 1125 Kútvölgyi u 4, Budapest, Hungary
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:351-7. 2007....
- Influence of leptin and the TNF system on insulin resistance in pregnancy and their effect on anthropometric parameters of newbornsZsolt Melczer
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine of Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:432-8. 2003..We studied the contribution of the tumor necrosis factor system and leptin to insulin resistance during the course of normal pregnancy...
- Correlation of maternal serum fetuin/alpha2-HS-glycoprotein concentration with maternal insulin resistance and anthropometric parameters of neonates in normal pregnancy and gestational diabetesLaszlo Kalabay
Third Department of Internal Medicine Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Endocrinol 147:243-8. 2002..We investigated serum AHSG levels during pregnancy and whether the protein is involved in insulin resistance observed in healthy pregnant women and patients with gestational diabetes...
- [Primary combined oral antidiabetic therapy in type-2 diabetes mellitus]Gábor Winkler
II Belgyógyászati Osztály, Fovárosi Szent János Kórház, Budapest
Orv Hetil 143:2441-7. 2002..Practical guidelines are given to the introduction of oral antidiabetic therapy, and the importance of the early, aggressive, combined treatment with a complex mechanism of action is emphasized...
- [Incretin enhancers, incretin mimetics: from therapeutic concept to clinical application]Gábor Winkler
Fovárosi Szent János Kórház, II Belgyógyászat, Budapest, Hungary
Orv Hetil 148:579-87. 2007..Though there are arguments underlining their early use in the glucose lowering drug treatment of type 2 diabetes, their application as part of a combination therapy seems to be a real indication...
- Orlistat increases serum paraoxonase activity in obese patientsMaria Audikovszky
Department of Metabolic Medicine, St Imre Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 17:268-73. 2007..Our objective was to assess the effects of orlistat therapy combined with diet on body mass index (BMI), waist circumference, lipid parameters, blood pressure, serum glucose level and PON1 activity...
- Cost-effectiveness of a risk-based secondary screening programme of type 2 diabetesBalázs Nagy
Syreon Research Institute, Budapest, Hungary
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 32:710-729. 2016..The model evaluates a public health, risk-based screening programme in a country specific setting...
- Prevalence of undiagnosed abnormal glucose tolerance in adult patients cared for by general practitioners in Hungary. Results of a risk-stratified screening based on FINDRISC questionnaireGábor Winkler
Department of Medicine and Diabetology, Saint John s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Med Sci Monit 19:67-72. 2013..Timely diagnosis and early treatment could be aided by targeted screening. Recognizing this, the Hungarian Diabetes Association initiated a risk-stratified screening with the involvement of primary care physicians...
- The investigation of galectin-3 in diseases of the thyroid glandRita Beáta Kovács
Department of Pathology, St John s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Endocrinol 149:449-53. 2003..Immune markers are gaining more and more importance in diagnostic pathology, especially in the differential diagnostics and in the grading of thyroid gland tumors...