Affiliation: Semmelweis University
- Altered cytokine expression of peripheral blood lymphocytes in polymyositis and dermatomyositisM Aleksza
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Centre, Debrecen, Hungary
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1485-9. 2005..To investigate the intracellular and soluble cytokine levels and T cell subsets in peripheral blood of patients with active and inactive polymyositis and dermatomyositis...
- Decreased arachidonic acid release in peripheral blood monocytes of patients with systemic lupus erythematosusS Sipka
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, Hungary
J Rheumatol 28:2012-7. 2001..To investigate the release of arachidonic acid (AA) in unfractionated peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC), separated monocytes and T lymphocytes of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Ultraviolet-A1 phototherapy modulates Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 balance in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusA Szegedi
Department of Dermatology, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, 98 Nagyerdei Street, Debrecen H 4012, Hungary
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:925-31. 2005..We examined the effectiveness and reliability of low-dose UVA1 phototherapy (60 kJ/m2/treatment) in patients suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). We studied the changes in immunological parameters...
- Immunological alterations in newly diagnosed primary Sjögren's syndrome characterized by skewed peripheral T-cell subsets and inflammatory cytokinesP Szodoray
Division of Clinical Immunology, 3rd Department of Medicine, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, Debrecen
Scand J Rheumatol 37:205-12. 2008..We determined lymphocyte subpopulations and their state of activation from peripheral blood, evaluating both soluble serum T-helper (Th)1/Th2-type cytokines and intracytoplasmic cytokines...
- Measurement of intracellular interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 in whole blood T lymphocytes from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusG Nagy
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Immunol Lett 74:207-10. 2000..Furthermore, corticosteroid and cytostatic therapy might normalize this altered IFN-gamma/IL-4 ratio...
- Measurement of natural (CD4+CD25high) and inducible (CD4+IL-10+) regulatory T cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusS Barath
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Lupus 16:489-96. 2007..There are small but appreciable difference in the number of regulatory T cells between inactive patients and healthy controls. It suggests that immunoregulatory deficiencies are present in the inactive stage of the disease also...
- TH1/TH2 imbalance, measured by circulating and intracytoplasmic inflammatory cytokines--immunological alterations in acute coronary syndrome and stable coronary artery diseaseP Szodoray
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, University of Debrecen, Moricz Zs Str 22, 4004 Debrecen, Hungary
Scand J Immunol 64:336-44. 2006..Th1 to Th2 ratio shifted towards a Th1 dominance in both diseases. Both general proinflammatory markers and activated T cells signify CAD. The orchestrated proinflammatory cascade eventually leads to the development of the disease...
- The severity of systemic lupus erythematosus negatively correlates with the increasing number of CD4+CD25(high)FoxP3+ regulatory T cells during repeated plasmapheresis treatments of patientsS Barath
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Autoimmunity 40:521-8. 2007..This phenomenon is, among others, possibly due to the elimination of interpheron-alpha and lymphocytotoxic antibodies during plasmapheresis...
- Regulatory T cells in peripheral blood of patients with mixed connective tissue diseaseS Barath
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, Moritz Zs Str 22, 4004 Debrecen, Hungary
Scand J Rheumatol 35:300-4. 2006..To determine the percentage and absolute number of CD4+ regulatory T-cells (Treg) in 48 patients with mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)...
- Abnormal cell-specific expressions of certain protein kinase C isoenzymes in peripheral mononuclear cells of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: effect of corticosteroid applicationT Biro
Department of Physiology and Cell Physiology Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Debrecen, Hungary
Scand J Immunol 60:421-8. 2004..Furthermore, the clinically efficient glucocorticoid application in SLE can increase the expression of some members of PKC system...
- Increased frequency of intracellular interleukin (IL)-13 and IL-10, but not IL-4, expressing CD4+ and CD8+ peripheral T cells of patients with atopic dermatitisM Aleksza
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Dermatology, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Sciences Center, 98 Nagyerdei Str, Debrecen 4012, Hungary
Br J Dermatol 147:1135-41. 2002..A number of studies exist demonstrating the increased expression of type 2 cytokines and decreased capacity to produce interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) of patients with atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Clinical and immunoserological characteristics of mixed connective tissue disease associated with pulmonary arterial hypertensionJ Vegh
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Centre, Debrecen, Hungary
Scand J Immunol 64:69-76. 2006..550). In conclusion, our results suggest that in MCTD the presence of AECA and endothelial cell activation may play a role in the development of PAH and in the maintenance of obliterative vascular processes...
- Opposite roles of protein kinase C isoforms in proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and tumorigenicity of human HaCaT keratinocytesH Papp
Department of Physiology, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, 4012 Debrecen, Hungary
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:1095-105. 2004..Our data present clear evidence for the specific, antagonistic roles of certain cPKC and nPKC isoforms in regulating the above processes in human HaCaT keratinocytes...