Affiliation: National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Temporal coupling of parahippocampal ripples, sleep spindles and slow oscillations in humansZsófia Clemens
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Budapest, Hungary
Brain 130:2868-78. 2007....
- Twenty-four hours retention of visuospatial memory correlates with the number of parietal sleep spindlesZsófia Clemens
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, H 1021 Budapest, Huvosvolgyi ut 116, Hungary
Neurosci Lett 403:52-6. 2006....
- Factors affecting spiking related to sleep and wake states in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE)Zsófia Clemens
Orszagos Pszichiatriai es Neurologiai Intezet, I Neurológia, H 1021 Budapest, Huvosvolgyi ut 116, Hungary
Seizure 14:52-7. 2005..Our data provide evidence that different aspects of spiking are associated with different aspects of TLE. We suggest that spike behaviour analysis offer new aspects both for diagnosis and research...
- Overnight verbal memory retention correlates with the number of sleep spindlesZ Clemens
National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Department of Neurology, H 1021 Budapest, Huvosvolgyi ut 116, Hungary
Neuroscience 132:529-35. 2005..The data strongly support theories suggesting a link between sleep spindle activity and verbal memory consolidation...
- Interictal epileptic spiking during sleep and wakefulness in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: a comparative study of scalp and foramen ovale electrodesZsófia Clemens
Department of Neurology, Epilepsy Center, National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Budapest, Hungary
Epilepsia 44:186-92. 2003..To assess distribution of temporal lobe spikes across different states of sleep and wakefulness in simultaneous scalp and foramen ovale (Fo) recordings...
- Fine-tuned coupling between human parahippocampal ripples and sleep spindlesZsófia Clemens
National Institute of Neurosurgery, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Neurosci 33:511-20. 2011..The demonstration of spindle phase-locked ripple activity in humans is consistent with the idea of a temporally fine-tuned hippocampus-to-neocortex transfer of information taking place during SWS...
- Spatio-temporal analysis of monofractal and multifractal properties of the human sleep EEGBéla Weiss
Faculty of Information Technology, Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Budapest, Hungary
J Neurosci Methods 185:116-24. 2009..Our results contribute to a deeper understanding of the fractal nature of brain electrical activities and may have implications for automatic classification of sleep stages...
- Comparison of fractal and power spectral EEG features: effects of topography and sleep stagesBéla Weiss
Faculty of Information Technology, Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Práter u 50 a, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 84:359-75. 2011....
- Interhemispheric propagation of seizures in mesial temporal lobe epilepsyLoránd Eross
National Neuroscience Institute, Budapest, Hungary
Ideggyogy Sz 62:319-25. 2009..To investigate interhemispheric propagation of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy seizures in patients undergoing long-term video-EEG monitoring with combined scalp and foramen ovale electrodes...
- Postoperative interictal spikes during sleep contralateral to the operated side is associated with unfavourable surgical outcome in patients with preoperative bitemporal spikesP Halasz
Epilepsy Center, National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Huvösvölgyi 116, Budapest 1021, Hungary
Seizure 13:460-6. 2004....
- The risk of paradoxical levetiracetam effect is increased in mentally retarded patientsAnna Szucs
Epilepsy Center, National Institute of Neurosurgery, Budapest, Hungary
Epilepsia 49:1174-9. 2008..Incidental paradoxical antiepileptic effect of levetiracetam has been described. The aim of the present study was to identify the epilepsy patients at risk...
- Prediction of general mental ability based on neural oscillation measures of sleepRobert Bodizs
Institute of Behavioural Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Sleep Res 14:285-92. 2005..Results suggest that individual differences in general mental ability are reflected in fast sleep spindle-related oscillatory activity measured over the frontal cortex...
- Phase coupling between rhythmic slow activity and gamma characterizes mesiotemporal rapid-eye-movement sleep in humansZ Clemens
National Institute of Neuroscience, Amerikai ut 57, H 1145, Budapest, Hungary
Neuroscience 163:388-96. 2009..Such a phase coupling closely resembles that seen between theta and gamma in rodents. We consider this commonality to be an additional reason for regarding delta rather than theta as the human analogue of RSA in animals...
- Epilepsy and vitamin DAndrás Holló
1National Institute for Medical Rehabilitation, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Neurosci 124:387-93. 2014..We also assess the literature on the interaction between antiepileptic drugs and vitamin D. Converging evidence indicates a role for vitamin D deficiency in the pathophysiology of epilepsy. ..
- Clinical differences in patients with unilateral hippocampal sclerosis and unitemporal or bitemporal epileptiform dischargesJ Janszky
Epilepsy Center, National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Budapest, Hungary
Seizure 12:550-4. 2003..To investigate factors determining the presence of bilateral interictal epileptiform discharges (IEDs) in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) with unilateral hippocampal sclerosis (HS)...