Geza I Groma
Affiliation: Biological Research Center
- Terahertz radiation from bacteriorhodopsin reveals correlated primary electron and proton transfer processesG I Groma
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 6726, Szeged, Hungary
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6888-93. 2008..The correlated electron and proton translocation supports the concept, assigning a functional role to the light-induced sudden polarization in retinal proteins...
- Vibrational motions associated with primary processes in bacteriorhodopsin studied by coherent infrared emission spectroscopyGeza I Groma
Laboratory for Optical Biosciences, Ecole Polytechnique, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Palaiseau, France
Biophys J 100:1578-86. 2011..In particular, the direction sensitivity provides experimental evidence for large intermediate distortions of the retinal plane during the excited-state isomerization process...
- Resonant optical rectification in bacteriorhodopsinGeza I Groma
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, H 6726, Hungary
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:7971-5. 2004..The simultaneous and phase-sensitive observation of both the electronic and vibrational signals opens the way to study the transduction of the initial polarization into structural dynamics...
- Characterization of the azide-dependent bacteriorhodopsin-like photocycle of salinarum halorhodopsinMelinda Lakatos
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, H 6701, Hungary
Biophys J 82:1687-95. 2002..The differences between the azide-dependent photocycle of salinarum halorhodopsin and pharaonis halorhodopsin are discussed...
- Quantification of sudden light-induced polarization in bacteriorhodopsin by optical rectificationAnne Colonna
Laboratory for Optical Biosciences, Ecole Polytechnique, INSERM, CNRS, 91128 Palaiseau, France
J Phys Chem B 111:2707-10. 2007..This result may help to evaluate models describing the interplay between the initial polarization change and the subsequent isomerization of the retinal...
- The photocycle of bacteriorhodopsin at high pH and ionic strength. II. Time-dependent anisotropy studied by partially saturating photoselectionG I Groma
Institute of Biophysics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary
Biochim Biophys Acta 1319:69-85. 1997..An analysis of the fitted amplitudes of the exponentials favors the models involving parallel processes rather than those invoking chromophore reorientation...
- Photocycle of dried acid purple form of bacteriorhodopsinG I Groma
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged H-6701, Hungary
Biophys J 81:3432-41. 2001..The study of the dried acid purple samples could help in understanding the fast primary processes of the protein function. It may also have importance in technical applications...