- Work, household, and leisure-time physical activity and risk of mortality in the EPIC-Spain cohort
José Ma Huerta
Department of Epidemiology, Murcia Regional Health Council, IMIB Arrixaca, Ronda de Levante, 11, 30008, Murcia, Spain CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Melchor Fernandez Almagro, 3 5, 28029, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Prev Med 85:106-12. 2016
..Our objective was to evaluate the association of work, household (HPA), and leisure time PA (LTPA) with overall and cause-specific mortality in the EPIC-Spain study...
- Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Med 11:63. 2013
..The aim of this study was to examine the association of red meat, processed meat, and poultry consumption with the risk of early death in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)...
- Accuracy of self-reported diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia in the adult Spanish population. DINO study findings
Jose M Huerta
CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:143-52. 2009
..The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of self-reported diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia in a representative sample of adults (719 men and 837 women) from the south of Spain...
- Prospective study of physical activity and risk of primary adenocarcinomas of the oesophagus and stomach in the EPIC (European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and nutrition) cohort
Jose Maria Huerta
CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Causes Control 21:657-69. 2010
..To analyse the association between types of physical activity (occupational, recreational and household, vigorous and overall) and risk of primary oesophageal (OAC) or gastric adenocarcinoma (GAC)...
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Murcia Region, a southern European Mediterranean area with low cardiovascular risk and high obesity
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Authority for Health and Consumer Affairs Consejería de Sanidad y Consumo, Murcia, Spain
BMC Public Health 11:562. 2011
..The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of MS and its components, awareness of obesity as a health risk and associated lifestyles...
- Polymorphisms of Helicobacter pylori signaling pathway genes and gastric cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer-Eurgast cohort
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Program, Catalan Institute of Oncology IDIBELL, Barcelona, 08908, Spain
Int J Cancer 134:92-101. 2014
..01). Haplotype analysis was in agreement with single SNP results for NOD2 and CD14 genes. From these results, we conclude that genetic variation in NOD2 associates with noncardia GC while variation in CD14 is associated with cardia GC...
- Cardiovascular risk estimated after 13 years of follow-up in a low-incidence Mediterranean region with high-prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors
Jose M Huerta
Department of Epidemiology, Murcia Regional Health Authority, Ronda de Levante 11, 30008 Murcia, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:640. 2010
..Murcia (south-east Spain) shows increased cardiovascular (CV) morbimortality as compared to other Spanish regions. Our objective was to assess the CV risk associated with major risk factors (RF) among adult population of Murcia...
- Accuracy of Self-Reported Diabetes, Hypertension, and Hyperlipidemia in the Adult Spanish Population. DINO Study Findings
Jose M Huerta
CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain Servicio de Epidemiología, Consejeria de Sanidad, Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 62:143-52. 2009
..The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of self-reported diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia in a representative sample of adults (719 men and 837 women) from the south of Spain...
- Association of alcohol dehydrogenase polymorphisms and life-style factors with excessive alcohol intake within the Spanish population (EPIC-Spain)
Molecular Epidemiology Group, Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Addiction 107:2117-27. 2012
..To analyse associations between alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) polymorphisms and alcohol intake in Spanish men and women...
- Menstrual and reproductive factors in women, genetic variation in CYP17A1, and pancreatic cancer risk in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC) cohort
Eric J Duell
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 132:2164-75. 2013