- Changes in hospital utilization and management of Hirschsprung disease: analysis using the kids' inpatient database
Eunice Y Huang
Department of Surgery and Pediatrics, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Ann Surg 257:371-5. 2013
..This study investigates how the epidemiology, hospital utilization, and surgical management of Hirschsprung disease (HD) have changed over the last decade in the United States, using a statistically valid national sample...
- Strategies for the prevention of central venous catheter infections: an American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee systematic review
Eunice Y Huang
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:2000-11. 2011
..The aim of this study is to review the current evidence-based data regarding strategies for prevention of central venous catheter (CVC) infections at the time of catheter insertion and as a part of routine care...
- Impact of a randomized clinical trial on children with perforated appendicitis
Regan F Williams
LeBonheur Children s Hospital, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN Electronic address
Surgery 156:462-6. 2014
..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effect this clinical trial had on subsequent practice patterns and outcomes for patients with perforated appendicitis at the free-standing children's hospital conducting the trial...
- Hospital cost analysis of a prospective, randomized trial of early vs interval appendectomy for perforated appendicitis in children
Adrianne L Myers
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:427-34; discussion 434-5. 2012
..Some surgeons prefer early appendectomy; others prefer initial nonoperative management followed by interval appendectomy. Determining which of these two therapies is most cost-effective was the goal of this study...
- Enteral fish oil for treatment of parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease in six infants with short-bowel syndrome
Emma M Tillman
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Le Bonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
Pharmacotherapy 31:503-9. 2011
..To evaluate the use of enteral fish oil for the treatment of parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease (PNALD)...
- Cost-effectiveness of diagnostic approaches to suspected appendicitis in children
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
J Am Coll Surg 220:738-46. 2015
..The objective of this study was to model the cost-effectiveness of implementing the LeB-P compared with usual care...
- Improving gastroschisis outcomes: does birth place matter?
Kate B Savoie
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 49:1771-5. 2014
..Whether these differences result in meaningful improvement in outcomes has been debated. A multi-institutional retrospective study was performed comparing outcomes based on birthplace...
- Early vs interval appendectomy for children with perforated appendicitis
Martin L Blakely
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38111, USA
Arch Surg 146:660-5. 2011
..To compare the effectiveness and adverse event rates of early vs interval appendectomy in children with perforated appendicitis...