- Behavioral interventions may reduce dental anxiety and increase acceptance of dental treatment in dentally fearful adults
Lisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washington, School of Dentistry, Box 357475, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA, Tel 1 206 221 6293 Electronic address
J Evid Based Dent Pract 13:160-2. 2013
..Psychological treatment of dental anxiety among adults: a systematic review. Wide Bowman U, Carlsson V, Westin M, Hakeberg M. Eur J Oral Sci 2013; 121(3 Pt 2):225-34...
- Development of labeled magnitude scales for the assessment of pain of dentin hypersensitivity
Lisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washinghton, Seattle, WA, USA
J Orofac Pain 27:72-81. 2013
..To develop and test labeled magnitude (LM) scales that are sensitive to variations in pain associated with dentin hypersensitivity (DH)...
- Unmet dental need in community-dwelling adults with mental illness: results from the 2007 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey
Lisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific St, Box 357475, Seattle, Wash 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 144:e16-23. 2013
..Mental illness (MI) affects approximately one in five U.S. adults, and it is associated with oral disease and poor dental treatment outcomes. Little is known about dental care utilization or unmet dental need in this population...
- The prevalence of dentin hypersensitivity in general dental practices in the northwest United States
Department of Oral Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific St, Seattle, Wash 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 144:288-96. 2013
..The authors conducted a study to estimate the prevalence of dentin hypersensitivity in general dental practices and to investigate associated risk factors...
- The effects of dental anxiety and irregular attendance on referral for dental treatment under sedation within the National Health Service in London
Dental Fears Research Clinic, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 38:453-9. 2010
..To investigate whether the relationship between dental anxiety and referral for treatment under sedation is explained by attendance patterns and oral health...
- Psychometric properties of Spanish-language adult dental fear measures
Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Oral Health 8:15. 2008
- Predictors of unmet dental need in children with autism spectrum disorder: results from a national sample
Christy M McKinney
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 14:624-31. 2014
..We tested hypotheses that lacking a medical home or having characteristics of more severe ASD is positively associated with having unmet dental need among children with ASD...