- Primary testicular Burkitt lymphoma in a child
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Hacettepe University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 22:705-9. 2005
..Primary testicular lymphoma is quite rare in children and experience is limited. Changes in testicular size and parenchyma by US should not necessarily indicate involvement by lymphoma in pubertal boys...
- Clinical value of cell counts and indices in testicular fine needle aspiration cytology in primary infertility: diagnostic performance compared with histology
Department of Pathology and Cytology, S B Ankara Diskapi Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 28:331-6. 2006
- Expressions of p53, VEGF C, p21: could they be used in preoperative evaluation of lymph node metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma?
Department of Pathology and Cytology, SB Ankara Dýpkapý Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Dis Esophagus 20:379-85. 2007
..When preoperative staging has been insufficient in esophageal carcinoma cases, immunohistochemical analysis of p53 and VEGF C staining in tissues could be an aid to clinicians regarding lymph node metastasis...
- Prognostic significance of MUC1, MUC2 and MUC5AC expressions in gastric carcinoma
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Education and Research Hospital, Ankara
Turk J Gastroenterol 21:345-52. 2010
- Effect of fibroblast growth factor-2 on pannus formation in replacement prosthetic heart valves
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ankara Teaching and Research Hospital, Social Security Organization, Ankara, Turkey
J Heart Valve Dis 13:676-80. 2004
..FGF-2 is also released by mechanically wounded cells. Herein, the importance of FGF-2 release from periannular tissue in the mechanism of pannus formation in obstructed mechanical prostheses was investigated...
- A hystopathological study of thyroarytenoid muscle invasion in early (T1) glottic carcinoma
Department of II Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Social Security Organization, Ankara Education Hospital, Sivas, Turkey
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:581-3. 2005
..Surgical specimens belonging to 16 patients who underwent partial laryngectomy for T1 glottic cancer were subjected to detailed histopathologic examination; 11 of the patients were staged as T1a while 5 were staged as T1b...
- Laryngeal chondroma: a rare neck tumor in pediatric age
Department of Otolaryngology, Numune Education and Research Hospital, 110 Sokak, No 8 9, Birlik Mahallesi, Cankaya, 06400 Ankara, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:1551-5. 2004
..Relevant English literature presents only two pediatric laryngeal chondroma cases. In this paper, a novel pediatric case of laryngeal chondroma presenting as an external laryngeal mass is reported...
- Consequences of PTFE membrane used for prevention of re-entry injuries in rheumatic valve disease
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, S S K Ankara Training Hospital, Turkey
Cardiovasc Surg 10:489-93. 2002
..The value of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) surgical membrane as a pericardium substitute in patients who undergo reoperation for rheumatic valve disease is reported in this observational study...
- Skip metastase on the left neck lymph nodes of the prostatic adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation and accompanying thyroid micropapillary carcinoma
Yildirim Beyazit Training Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 14:493-5. 2008
- The use of urinary nuclear matrix protein 22 (NMP22) as a diagnostic adjunct to urine cytology for monitoring of recurrent bladder cancer--institutional experience and review
Department of Pathology and Cytology, MOH, Ankara Diskapi Teaching and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Diagn Cytopathol 43:307-14. 2015
..We aimed refining the use of NMP22 test in the management of UC at our institution...
- Oropharyngeal chordoma diagnosed by fine needle aspiration: a case report
Cytology Unit, Department of Pathology, Social Security Foundation Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Cytol 49:173-6. 2005
..This appears to be 1 of the few reported applications of FNA in the diagnosis of chordoma of the oropharynx in the English-language literature...
- The expression of EGFR, cerbB2, p16, and p53 and their relationship with conventional parameters in squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx
Department of Pathology, Ministry of Health Ankara Keçioren Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Med Sci 44:411-6. 2014
- The efficacy of montelukast as a protective agent against 131I-induced salivary gland damage in rats: scintigraphic and histopathological findings
Department of aNuclear Medicine, Ministry of Health, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 34:507-17. 2013
..This study was designed to evaluate the efficiency of montelukast as a novel radioprotective agent against sodium [131I]iodide or potassium [131I]iodide (131I)-induced salivary gland damage in a rat model...
- The value of cord blood interleukin-6 levels for predicting chorioamnionitis, funisitis and neonatal infection in term premature rupture of membranes
Department of Obstetrics, Ministry of Health Ankara, Etlik Maternity and Women s Health Research Training Hospital, Guvenlik Cad, 21 5, 06190 Kavaklidere, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:34-9. 2006
..The objective was to determine whether the interleukin-6 (IL-6) level in umbilical cord blood can be used for the prediction of histologic chorioamnionitis, funisitis, fetal membrane cultures and neonatal infection...
- Breast carcinoma metastasis and meningioma. A case report
Neurosurgery Department, Ministry of Health, Diskapi Educational and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Surg Neurol 66:324-7; discussion 327. 2006
..However, contiguous occurrence of meningioma and brain cancer metastasis is a less rare evidence and we are aware of only one previously published case in the literature...
- Gelatinase B expression as a prognostic factor in patients with stage II/III rectal carcinoma treated by postoperative adjuvant therapy
Radiation Oncology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Clin Oncol 31:55-63. 2008
..This retrospective study was aimed both to examine the gelatinase expression status in patients with rectal cancer and to investigate their prognostic value on survival...
- A comparative study of tissue glue and vicryl suture for closing limbal-conjunctival autografts and histologic evaluation after pterygium excision
Ankara Ulucanlar Eye Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Cornea 27:552-8. 2008
..To compare clinical and histopathologic outcomes of tissue glue and vicryl suture to attach limbal conjunctival autografts in pterygium surgery...
- PTEN and p27 expression in mature T-cell and NK-cell neoplasms
Aysegul H Uner
Department of Pathology, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1463-70. 2005
..Our findings provide further evidence for the importance of the deregulation of the PI3K-AKT pathway in ALCL...
- A comparison of the vascular density of VEGF expression with microvascular density determined with CD34 and CD31 staining and conventional prognostic markers in renal cell carcinoma
Department of Pathology and Cytology ISO 17025 accreditated, S B Ankara Diskapi Training and Research Hospital, Meits Doruk Sitesi D Blok No 8, 06100, Dikmen Ankara, Turkiye
Int Urol Nephrol 39:691-8. 2007
..The aim of this study was to compare the vascular density of Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression with microvascular density determined by CD34 and CD31 with conventional prognostic parameters...
- Pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis in an infant: can passive smoking accelerate the disease progress?
G Burca Aydin
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:565-7. 2007
- Diffuse gastroduodenal metastasis of conjunctival malignant melanoma
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1321-3. 2008