- The relationship between mitral papillary muscles positions and characteristics of the QRS complex
Division of Cardiology, Children s Cardiac Centre, Bratislavia, Slovak Republic
J Electrocardiol 41:487-90. 2008
..These structures could therefore serve as anatomical landmarks to indicate the borders of this fanlike distribution of primary "start points" of left ventricular activation...
- The ability of mitral papillary muscle positions to explain QRS complex characteristics in humans
Children s Heart Centre, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden Electronic address
J Electrocardiol 49:680-5. 2016
..This review aims to discuss how knowledge of the electro-anatomical developmental relationships helps in understanding the known variability to be observed in the human electrocardiograms. ..
- First therapeutic use of Artesunate in treatment of human herpesvirus 6B myocarditis in a child
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Heart Centre, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Clin Virol 57:157-60. 2013
..Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) is an important cause of fulminant or acute viral myocarditis. However, insufficiency of standard antiviral treatment against HHV-6 is an emerging problem...
- Arrhythmias after Fontan operation: comparison of lateral tunnel and extracardiac conduit
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Children s Cardiac Center, Slovakia
J Electrocardiol 41:173-7. 2008
..The aim of this study was to evaluate which type of Fontan procedure--lateral tunnel (LT) or extracardiac conduit (EC)--provides superior outcomes related to the problem of early postoperative and 1-year follow-up arrhythmias...
- Disturbances of coagulation in neonates with functionally univentricular physiology prior to the first stage of surgical reconstruction
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiac Centre, Bratislava, Slovakia
Cardiol Young 18:397-401. 2008
..The aims of our study were to determine if such abnormalities are also present in newborns with this physiology prior to the first stage of surgical treatment...
- Simulation of the QRS complex using papillary muscle positions as the site of early activation in human subjects
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Cardiac Centre, Slovakia
J Electrocardiol 42:158-64. 2009
- Determination of the mitral papillary muscle positions by the septal-to-free wall arc ratio method
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:181-6. 2009
..The reproducibility of the SFAR method between echocardiographic (ECHO) and magnetic resonance (MRI) modalities and between observers is tested...
- Transition from acenocoumarol to warfarin in a 12-year-old child
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Heart Center, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Congenit Heart Dis 6:661-4. 2011
..There are no studies that address this issue in children. We present the case report of transition treatment between acenocoumarol and warfarin in a 12-year-old child with prosthetic mitral valve...
- Modeling vectorcardiograms based on left ventricle papillary muscle position
Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27705 3976, USA
J Electrocardiol 44:584-9. 2011
..Computer models of LV activation using papillary muscle as the initial electrical activation points accurately predict QRS duration and frontal plane axis...
- Electroanatomic relationships in patients with primum atrioventricular septal defect
Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:1357-65. 2009
- Relationships between cardiac magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities in the inter-ventricular septum and Selvester QRS scoring criteria for anterior-septal myocardial infarction in patients with right ventricular volume overload
Adeel M Siddiqui
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC, USA
J Electrocardiol 46:256-62. 2013
- Amiodarone as a first-line therapy for postoperative junctional ectopic tachycardia
Intensive Care Unit, Children s Cardiac Center, Bratislava, Slovakia
Ann Thorac Surg 88:616-22. 2009
..This study evaluated the efficacy of amiodarone in the first-line treatment of postoperative junctional ectopic tachycardia and assessed factors associated with failure of amiodarone therapy...
- The utility of modified Butler-Leggett criteria for right ventricular hypertrophy in detection of clinically significant shunt ratio in ostium secundum-type atrial septal defect in adults
Adeel M Siddiqui
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Electrocardiol 43:161-6. 2010
- Computer-based rhythm diagnosis and its possible influence on nonexpert electrocardiogram readers
Department of Clinical Physiology, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Electrocardiol 45:18-22. 2012
..The accuracy of these diagnoses, however, remains questionable...
- Electrophysiologic and anatomical relationships studied in primum atrioventricular septal defect
Children s Heart Centrum, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Electrocardiol 43:155-60. 2010
..This article presents a review of the anatomical and electrophysiologic characteristics of patients with primum AVSD and provides recent knowledge of electroanatomical relationships of the heart...
- Importance of standardized assessment of late gadolinium enhancement for quantification of infarct size by cardiac magnetic resonance: implications for comparison with electrocardiogram
Department of Clinical Physiology, Lund University and Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Electrocardiol 44:538-43. 2011
- Septal atrial pacing for the prevention of atrial fibrillation
Children s Cardiac Centre, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Europace 9:1124-8. 2007
..The current method of permanent pacing of the right atrium (RA) may cause delayed interatrial conduction and predispose to AF. We hypothesized that atrial septal pacing would reduce AF compared with high RA pacing...