- The role of cognitive attributions for smoking in subsequent smoking progression and regression among adolescents in China
Department of Public Health, County of Los Angeles, USA
Addict Behav 38:1493-8. 2013
..This study demonstrates that different cognitive attributions influence smoking at different stages in different ways. These findings could inform smoking prevention and cessation programs targeting Chinese adolescents...
- Do cognitive attributions for smoking predict subsequent smoking development?
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, 5555 Ferguson Drive, Suite 210 02, Commerce, CA 90022, USA
Addict Behav 37:273-9. 2012
..3% to 30.8%. This study identifies the roles that cognitive attributions for smoking play in subsequent smoking development. These attributions could be addressed in smoking prevention programs...
- Cognitive attributions for smoking among adolescents in China
Alcohol and Drug Program Administration, Department of Public Health, County of Los Angeles, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Addict Behav 35:95-101. 2010
..More attributions were associated with smoking among males than among females. This information could be useful for the development of evidence-based anti-smoking programs in China...
- Utility of the theory of reasoned action and theory of planned behavior for predicting Chinese adolescent smoking
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Addict Behav 32:1066-81. 2007
..001). Therefore, TRA and TPB are applicable to China to predict adolescent smoking. TPB is superior to TRA for the prediction and TRA can better predict smoking among students with lower than higher perceived behavioral control...
- Influences affecting adolescent smoking behavior in China
Jerry L Grenard
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:245-55. 2006
- Tobacco use among youth and adults in Mainland China: the China Seven Cities Study
C Anderson Johnson
Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1000 S Fremont, Box 8, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Public Health 120:1156-69. 2006
..This article presents the methodology and prevalence data from the baseline survey of the CSCS, conducted in 2002...
- Risk factors for adolescent smoking in urban and rural China: findings from the China seven cities study
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA91803, USA
Addict Behav 33:1081-5. 2008
..Smoking prevention interventions in China may need to focus on raising adolescents' refusal self-efficacy...
- Socio-demographic and cultural comparison of overweight and obesity risk and prevalence in adolescents in Southern California and Wuhan, China
C Anderson Johnson
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Alhambra, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:925.e1-8. 2006
..This study performed parallel analyses on two large samples of seventh graders living in Los Angeles, California and in Wuhan, China to make direct comparisons of overweight and obesity risks in Western and Eastern cultural environments...
- Family and personal protective factors moderate the effects of adversity and negative disposition on smoking among Chinese adolescents
Thalida Em Arpawong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Institute for Prevention Research, University of Southern California, Alhambra, California 91803, USA
Subst Use Misuse 45:1367-89. 2010
..Family factors (i.e., family cohesion, family adaptability, parental monitoring) and one personal factor (i.e., academic score) were associated with lower odds for smoking due to prior adversity and negative disposition...
- A randomized intervention of smoking for adolescents in urban Wuhan, China
Chih Ping Chou
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1000 S Fremont, Box 8, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Prev Med 42:280-5. 2006
..This study evaluated a school-based smoking prevention curriculum with a social normative approach developed in the United States for adolescents in urban Wuhan, China...