- The efficiency of sucralfate in corrosive esophagitis: a randomized, prospective study
Department of Gastroenterology, Cukurova University, School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 21:7-11. 2010
..We conducted a randomized prospective study to evaluate the effectiveness of oral intensive sucralfate plus conventional therapy compared to conventional therapy alone...
- Low eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori with triple 7-14 days and quadriple therapy in Turkey
Baskent Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Adana Uygulama ve Arastirma Merkezi, Dadaloglu Mahallesi, 39 Sokak, No 6, 01250 Adana, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 10:668-71. 2004
..We aimed to study the eradication rates of different regimens in our region and some factors affecting the rate of eradication...
- Gastric emptying time and the effect of cisapride in cirrhotic patients with autonomic neuropathy
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:175-8. 2003
..CONCLUSION Autonomic neuropathy in advanced cirrhosis from viral hepatitis may cause prolonged gastric emptying. Cisapride can shorten gastric emptying time in such patients...
- Age as a predictor of hyperphosphatemia after oral phosphosoda administration for colon preparation
Department of Gastroenterology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Adana Hospital, Adana, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:68-72. 2004
..This has been observed in patients with normal kidney function and in those with renal insufficiency. Few controlled studies have been performed with respect to age on healthy subjects after OPS administration...
- Predictors of vitamin B12 deficiency: age and Helicobacter pylori load of antral mucosa
Department of Gastroenterology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 14:44-9. 2003
- A case of Castleman's disease with "downhill" varices in the absence of superior vena cava obstruction
Dept of Gastroenterology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Adana Hospital, Adana, Turkey
Endoscopy 34:160-2. 2002
..It is our opinion that this type of varices should be renamed, and we suggest that "overflow varices" would be an appropriate term...
- Detection of insulin resistance in Turkish adults: a hospital-based study
Baskent University, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism Division, Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
Diabetes Obes Metab 5:126-30. 2003
..The aim of the present study was to investigate the usefulness of insulin sensitivity check indices in our hospital population...
- Multiple myeloma with skin involvement
Department of Internal Medicine, Cukurova University, Medical Faculty, Adana, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:328-9. 2001
..It is a systemic disorder affecting various organs, in particular the kidneys and bones. Skin involvement is not a common finding. This report presents a case of MM with skin involvement...
- Endoscopy in hyperemesis gravidarum and Helicobacter pylori infection
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 79:105-9. 2002
..To establish a relationship between hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and Helicobacter pylori (H. Pylori) infection by histologic testing...
- Coexistence of cystic intra-abdominal lymphangiomas and diffuse venous haemangiomas in adult life
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, 01330, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Neth J Med 61:95-7. 2003
..We also emphasise the other clinical conditions that should be considered in the differential diagnosis...
- Helicobacter pylori eradication lowers serum homocysteine level in patients without gastric atrophy
Baskent Universitesi, Adana Uygulama ve Arastirma Merkezi, Dadaloglu mah 39 Sk No 6 01250 Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 11:2764-7. 2005
- Helicobacter pylori has no effect on plasma ghrelin levels
Endocrinology and Metabolism Division, Baskent University, Dadaloglu Mah, Serin Evler 39, Sok No 6, 01250 Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 148:423-6. 2003
..Ghrelin is a recently discovered peptide produced mostly in the stomach of rodents and humans and is secreted into the bloodstream. There is no data in the literature about the relationship between H. pylori and ghrelin...