- Development in self-reported arm-lymphedema in Danish women treated for early-stage breast cancer in 2005 and 2006--a nationwide follow-up study
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Denmark Electronic address
Breast 23:445-52. 2014
..In conclusion lymphedema remains a frequent problem, years after treatment for breast cancer, though, number of women reporting lymphedema and overall severity of symptoms decreased...
- Prevalence of and factors associated with persistent pain following breast cancer surgery
Department of Breast Surgery, Rigshospitalet 2101, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
JAMA 302:1985-92. 2009
..The pathogenic mechanisms are complex and may be related to patient characteristics, surgical technique, and adjuvant therapy...
- Multimodal prevention of pain, nausea and vomiting after breast cancer surgery
Department of Breast Cancer Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Denmark
Minerva Anestesiol 76:805-13. 2010
..Therefore, the aim of this explorative, hypothesis-generating study was to evaluate the effect of a multimodal, opiate-sparing, evidence-based regimen for prevention of PONV and pain...
- Self-reported arm-lymphedema and functional impairment after breast cancer treatment--a nationwide study of prevalence and associated factors
Department of Breast Surgery, Rigshospitalet 3103, Copenhagen University, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Breast 19:506-15. 2010
..Giving up activities was associated with pain and swelling/heaviness, younger age, ALND, chemotherapy, time elapsed since surgery, and surgery on the dominant side. Radiotherapy and type of breast surgery were of no importance...
- Recovery at the post anaesthetic care unit after breast cancer surgery
Department of Breast Surgery, Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø
Dan Med Bull 57:A4137. 2010
- Persistent pain, sensory disturbances and functional impairment after adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: cyclophosphamide, epirubicin and fluorouracil compared with docetaxel + epirubicin and cyclophosphamide
Kenneth Geving Andersen
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 51:1036-44. 2012
- Persistent pain and sensory disturbances after treatment for breast cancer: six year nationwide follow-up study
Mathias Kvist Mejdahl
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, 7621 Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ 346:f1865. 2013
..To examine the development of persistent pain after treatment for breast cancer and to examine risk factors associated with continuing pain...
- Breast reconstruction with an expander prosthesis following mastectomy does not cause additional persistent pain: a nationwide cross-sectional study
Department of Plastic Surgery, Breast Surgery and Burns Unit, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark Electronic address
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 66:1652-8. 2013
..Secondary objectives were to evaluate sensory disturbances, lymphoedema and functional impairment...
- Persistent pain after targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT) or external breast radiotherapy for breast cancer: a randomized trial
Kenneth Geving Andersen
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Breast 21:46-9. 2012
..The response rate was 98%, leaving 238 patients for the final analysis. Pain prevalence were 33.9% in the EBRT group and 24.6% in the IORT group (p = 0.11). Treatment with IORT may not alter the risk of PPBCT...
- Phantom breast sensations are frequent after mastectomy
Dorthe Marie Helbo Hansen
Department of Breast Surgery, Centre of Head and Orthopaedics, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:A4259. 2011
..The reported prevalence and risk factors have not been established in large well-defined patient series. The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence of PBS following mastectomy and associated risk factors...