Affiliation: University of Athens
- Celiac disease in the Mediterranean areaFrancesca Tucci
European Laboratory for Food Induced Diseases, University of Naples Federico II, Naples 80131, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 14:24. 2014..Since a new ESPGHAN diagnostic protocol was recently published, our secondary aim is to estimate how many cases in the same area could be identified without a small intestinal biopsy...
- Outdoor particulate matter and childhood asthma admissions in Athens, Greece: a time-series studyPanagiotis T Nastos
Laboratory of Climatology and Atmospheric Environment, Department of Geology and Geoenvironment, University of Athens, Panepistimioupolis, 157 84 Athens, Greece
Environ Health 9:45. 2010..This study aimed to investigate the effect of outdoor PM10 concentrations on childhood asthma admissions (CAA) in Athens, Greece...
- Is peptic ulcer a common cause of upper gastrointestinal symptoms?E Roma
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Athens University, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Goudi, Greece
Eur J Pediatr 160:497-500. 2001..pylori eradication in 27%. During the long-term follow-up (median 3.5 years), six children became symptomatic. Two of them had duodenal ulcer associated with positive H. pylori...
- Endoscopic tests for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection in children: Validation of rapid urease testEleftheria Roma-Giannikou
First Department of Pediatrics, University of Athens, Greece
Helicobacter 15:227-32. 2010..We evaluated the performance of CLO-test in relation to endoscopic and histological findings in children with H. pylori infection...
- Dietary compliance and life style of children with coeliac diseaseE Roma
First Department of Pediatrics, Gastroenterology Unit, Athens University, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Hum Nutr Diet 23:176-82. 2010..The present study aimed to investigate the compliance with a GFD and the impact of CD and GFD on the lifestyle of patients and their families, together with proposed recommendations for improvement of quality of life...
- Changing pattern in the clinical presentation of pediatric celiac disease: a 30-year studyEleftheria Roma
First Department of Pediatrics of Athens University, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Digestion 80:185-91. 2009..Our aim was to detect temporal trends in the presentation of pediatric CD in Greece...
- Inflammatory bowel disease in children: the role of a positive family historyEleftheria S Roma
First Department of Paediatrics, University of Athens, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Thebon and Lebadias Street, Athens 11527, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:710-5. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate any potential influence of a family history of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) on the clinical phenotypes and the course of IBD in children...
- Intrafamilial spread of Helicobacter pylori infection in GreeceEleftheria Roma
First Department of Pediatrics University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:711-5. 2009..To find out the role of family members in the Helicobacter pylori infection in childhood by investigating the incidence of infection within families of H. pylori-infected children...
- Helicobacter pylori infection in pediatricsEleftheria Roma-Giannikou
First Department of Paediatrics of Athens University, Athens, Greece
Helicobacter 7:50-5. 2002....
- Determinants of adherence to gluten-free diet in Greek children with coeliac disease: a cross-sectional studyD Charalampopoulos
First Department of Paediatrics, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Nutr 67:615-9. 2013..The present study aimed to record compliance rates and investigate the connection between dietary compliance and demographics, disease-related factors and parental knowledge...
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders in Greek Children based on ROME III criteria: identifying the child at riskI Bouzios
1st Department of Pediatrics, University of Athens, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Neurogastroenterol Motil . 2016..In this study, we aimed to assess the prevalence of FGIDs in children aged 6-18 years and examine their association with various demographic and socioeconomic parameters...